The Honeywell Lyric T6 is a programmable thermostat suitable for controlling temperatures in your home. With this device, you can always keep your home, reduce energy usage, and save on utility bills.
However, you may sometimes run into a few issues with this thermostat, especially with the Wi-Fi connection.
If your Honeywell Lyric T6 won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi network, it could be because of the following problems:
- The Wi-Fi router is not running.
- The router isn’t operating in the 2.4 GHz range.
- Network interference.
- The wireless network uses a non-broadcasting SSID.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning.
In this article, we outline common tips for restoring your Honeywell Lyric T6 thermostat Wi-Fi connection. Let’s dive into it!
Troubleshooting Honeywell Lyric T6 Wi-Fi Connection Issues
1. Confirm if Your Router is Working
If your Honeywell Lyric T6 thermostat isn’t displaying a Wi-Fi connection, the Wi-Fi router may be inoperative.
You want to confirm that your router is not only on, but operating properly. Sometimes, the router may run without an active internet connection. This can cause those Wi-Fi connection issues common with Lyric T6 thermostats.
Once you confirm that the Wi-Fi router is switched to ON, test the connection. Here’s a simple test you can use:
- Switch off your mobile data and connect the smartphone to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Open a few web pages on your browser and see if they load. If they cannot load, that’s a sign of poor Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Restart your router and then try to connect the thermostat again to see if it works.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
2. Fix Low Wi-Fi Signal Strength
If the thermostat isn’t receiving strong Wi-Fi signal strength from the router, it won’t connect easily. Check the distance between your router and the thermostat; if it’s too far, try to bring the devices closer to each other for improved Wi-Fi signals.
On the one hand, you may consider getting a Wi-Fi extender to extend your Wi-Fi network coverage. This should improve your Wi-Fi signal and possibly fix the connectivity issues with your Honeywell Lyric T6 Thermostat.
If your Wi-Fi signal strength is okay and you’re still experiencing connection issues, see the next troubleshooting step.
3. Check Your Wi-Fi Frequency
Your Honeywell Lyric T6 Thermostat is programmed to run on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency — any other Wi-Fi range (5 GHz) will affect connectivity.
Check your router’s Wi-Fi settings and ensure that it’s operating on the 2.4 GHz frequency.
Some Wi-Fi routers have dual bands, and they automatically switch frequencies. If your router changes the frequency to 5 GHz, your Lyric T6 Thermostat will lose connection and may not connect until the router runs on the 2.4 GHz network.
Make sure you don’t allow the router to operate on dual-band if you don’t want to experience connectivity issues with your thermostat.
4. Restart Network Scan
Sometimes, the Lyric T6 thermostat won’t find your Wi-Fi network immediately. In such cases, you’ll need to scan multiple times so that your thermostat can connect to the Wi-Fi network.
This problem mostly occurs when nearby Wi-Fi devices interrupt the signal. Press “Refresh” in the Lyric app until your device appears in the network list.
5. Add the Wi-Fi Network Manually
Some homeowners set a non-broadcasting SSID (Service Set Identifier) to protect their Wi-Fi networks from unauthorized access. Disabling SSID broadcast means others won’t see your Wi-Fi network when they view available wireless networks in the area.
The downside is that it makes it harder for devices, such as your Lyric T6 Thermostat to find the Wi-Fi network. Your best solution is to add your wireless network manually in the Lyric app.
Click the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the app screen to add your home Wi-Fi network to the Lyric wireless network list.
6. Disconnect and Reconnect the Thermostat
Another useful tip for Lyric T6 Wi-Fi connection issues is to disconnect and reconnect the thermostat. Follow this guide to carry out this simple fix:
- Open the Lyric app and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap the Thermostat you are having issues with, then tap “Thermostat Configuration”.
- Tap “Delete Lyric”. This will remove the Thermostat from the Lyric app.
- Now start all over again to add the Thermostat to the Lyric app — just as you did when you first installed it.
If you’re not sure how to add your Lyric T6 Thermostat to the Lyric app, go here for a step-by-step guide.
7. Perform a Reset
If the fixes mentioned above didn’t help, your last resort would be to reset the thermostat — as this usually helps fix several glitches.
Here’s how to perform a reset on a Honeywell Lyric T6 Thermostat:
- On the thermostat home screen, tap Menu.
- Use the < or > arrows to scroll to “RESET”. Next, tap “Select”.
- Tap the < or > to select a reset option, then tap Select.
- Now tap “Yes” to complete the reset.
Wait some minutes and try to reconnect the Wi-Fi network. You may also reset your router and start the connection process again.
We have tried to cover the most popular fixes for the Lyric T6 Wi-Fi connection problems. Most homeowners have found luck after trying these trips, so you’ll likely find them useful.
If your thermostat is still not connecting to Wi-Fi, consider contacting a professional to have a look at the device and suggest a fix. You can also reach out to the Honeywell service team for help.