If you’re looking for tips to get your Lennox iComfort Thermostat display back to normal, this post is your go-to resource. Let’s dive in.
First off, here are some reasons your Lennox iComfort thermostat screen may go blank:
- The batteries in your thermostat are low.
- Your circuit breaker tripped off.
- Wiring issues.
- Your HVAC’s condensate pan is clogged.
Now let’s look at what you can do to resolve this problem.
Troubleshooting Blank Screen Problems in a Lennox iComfort
Change the Batteries in Your Thermostat
Your Lennox iComfort thermostat batteries provide most of the power in the device. So, if the batteries are low or completely drained, the thermostat may stop working. As a result, the screen will go blank.
If your thermostat’s screen goes blank, you may need to change its batteries.
Take the following steps to change your Lennox iComfort thermostat batteries:
- Unmount your thermostat from the wall.
- Turn to the back of the thermostat.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws at the back of the device. This will reveal the batteries.
- Take out all 4 batteries. Then put in the new batteries. Your Lennox iComfort thermostat needs 4 new AAA batteries.
- Now, replace the screws on the back cover of the thermostat.
- Remount your thermostat on the wall.
Once you change the batteries in your thermostat, the device’s screen should come back to life. But if it doesn’t, continue to the next step.
Flip Your Circuit Breaker Back On
If you experience a power surge in your home, your circuit breaker may flip to the Off position on its own. When this happens, your Lennox iComfort thermostat will go off, and the screen will become blank.
If a blank screen appears on your thermostat after a power surge, check if your circuit breaker is turned off. If the breaker is turned off, flip it back to the On position. Your home should regain power, and the blank screen on your thermostat should disappear.
But if you still see the blank screen on your thermostat after turning on your breaker, move on to the next step.
Check and Fix Your Thermostat’s Wiring
Loose or pinched wires in your thermostat may also result in a blank screen. So, if your Lennox iComfort thermostat screen has suddenly gone blank, another fix to try is to check and fix loose/pinched wires.
If you’re not sure how to do this, hire an expert to inspect the thermostat.
The display should come back after fixing any wiring issue within the thermostat.
But if the screen remains blank, try the next tip.
Unclog Your HVAC Condensate Drain Pipe
Your HVAC system works by taking air from your home and transforming it into hot/cool air as necessary. But before the system releases the processed air, it extracts moisture from the air and sends it to the condensate pan. The drain pan then passes the moisture to your drain pipe, which moves the water outdoors.
While moving outside your home, some water may get stuck in the drain pipe. Eventually, this moisture may fill up the pipe. If your drain pipe is full, it won’t be able to receive water from the drain pan. As a result, your drain pan may get clogged.
To prevent your condensate drain pan from overflowing, the safety switch in your HVAC system trips on. This turns off the power to your HVAC system.
If there is no power in your HVAC system, your thermostat will go off. Thus, the device’s screen will become blank.
If your Lennox iComfort thermostat gets a blank screen, you may need to empty your condensate drain pan.
To empty your drain pan, you’ll need to unclog your drain pipe.
Here’s how to unclog your drain pipe:
- Switch off your AC.
- Locate your drain pipe. You should find your drain pipe in your garage or basement.
- Connect your drain pipe to a shop vac. If your shop vac is larger than your pipe, wrap a rag around the pipe to compensate for the difference in size. This will ensure that your shop vac fits snugly into the pipe.
- Now, switch on the vacuum cleaner. This will remove the clog in your drain pipe.
After you’ve unclogged your drain pipe, the water from your drain pan will move to your drain pipe and go outwards. Then your safety switch will go off, and your HVAC system will regain power. As a result, your thermostat will turn back on.
However, if your Lennox iComfort thermostat still has a blank screen after this, continue to the next step.
Get a New Thermostat
If your Lennox iComfort thermostat screen remains blank after you’ve tried all the steps above, the device might have stopped working. So, you may need to replace the thermostat with a new one.
- How to Fix Blank Screen Issues in a Honeywell Thermostat.
- Tips to Troubleshoot Braeburn Thermostat Blank Screen Issues.
- Tips to Fix Nest Thermostat Blank Screen Problems.
If your Lennox iComfort thermostat’s screen goes blank, change the batteries in the device. Then check if your circuit breaker is off and flip it back on.
Another solution you can try is to fix the thermostat’s wiring.
If the thermostat’s screen is still blank, unclog your drain pipe. But if none of these tips work, replace your thermostat.