ADT Pulse Camera Offline: How to Fix
So your ADT Pulse Camera is showing “offline” in the ADT Pulse app, and you’re not sure what to do? Keep reading to learn how to troubleshoot this issue.
Before we look at how to get your ADT Pulse Camera back online, you want to know why your ADT Pulse Camera went offline.
Your ADT Pulse Camera may go offline because of the following reasons:
- The camera’s plug has disconnected from its power outlet.
- You experienced a temporary power outage in your home.
- Your camera is too far away from the ADT Pulse Gateway
Now, let’s head over to the troubleshooting steps.
How to Troubleshoot ADT Pulse Camera Offline Issues?
Here are some troubleshooting steps to help get your ADT Pulse Camera back online:
1. Reconnect Your Camera’s Plug into the Power Outlet
Your ADT Pulse Camera requires power to stay online. So, if your camera’s plug disconnects from the power outlet, the device may go offline.
If the ADT Pulse app says your ADT Pulse Camera is offline, start your troubleshooting with the power source. Go to the outlet where you plugged the camera. Then check whether the camera’s plug is still properly inserted into the power outlet. If not, re-insert the plug firmly into the power outlet.
If there is power in your home, the LED lights on the ADT Pulse Camera will turn on once you insert the plug into the outlet. If your camera’s LED lights do not turn on after you’ve connected the plug to the outlet, the power in your home may be out.
You may also try to switch to another power outlet to see if the camera comes up. Once you confirm your camera has received power, return to the app and check if the device is now showing online. If not, keep reading.
2. Reboot Your ADT Gateway and ADT Pulse Camera
If the power in your home goes out, your ADT Pulse Camera will go offline. That said, the camera may still not come back online after the power is restored. If this happens, you’ll need to reboot your ADT Pulse Camera and ADT Pulse Gateway.
Why should you reboot your ADT Gateway when your camera goes offline?
Your ADT Pulse Camera doesn’t connect directly to your router. Instead, the ADT Gateway connects to the router and transmits the signal to your ADT Pulse Camera and other ADT devices. So, when the power in your home is back, you should reboot both the ADT Gateway and ADT Pulse—to ensure the camera comes back online and stays online.
Take the following steps to reboot your ADT Gateway and ADT Pulse Camera:
- Unplug the ADT Gateway’s plug from its power outlet. Next, unplug the ADT Pulse Camera from the outlet.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Now, insert the Gateway’s plug back into the outlet.
- Wait for another 5 minutes to let the Gateway reconnect to your router.
- Now, re-plug your ADT Pulse Camera and wait until the camera reconnects to the Gateway.
Your ADT Pulse Camera should come back online after this. If not, continue to the next step.
3. Move Your ADT Pulse Camera Closer to the ADT Pulse Gateway
Your ADT Pulse Camera may lose connection if it’s not receiving strong Wi-Fi signals. And this usually happens when the camera is too far from the ADT Gateway. Perhaps you recently moved your ADT Gateway or ADT Pulse Camera from its original position.
If your ADT Pulse Camera shows offline in the app, another fix to try is to reduce the distance between your ADT Gateway and your ADT Pulse Camera. Both devices should be within 30 feet of each other. You can also purchase a Wi-Fi range extender to boost network coverage in your home.
4. Remove Your ADT Pulse Camera from Your ADT Pulse Account
Your ADT Pulse Camera still shows offline in the app after applying the tips above? If so, try removing the camera from your ADT Pulse account.
Follow these steps to remove your ADT Pulse Camera from your ADT Pulse Account:
- Open your ADT Pulse app.
- If prompted, enter your username and password to sign in.
- Select Manage Devices. All your ADT Pulse devices should appear now. Click on your ADT Pulse Camera to continue.
- The system will display information about your ADT Pulse Camera. You’ll also notice a Remove button on the ADT Pulse Camera page. Tap the Remove button.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to remove the camera from your account. Tap Remove to confirm the action.
After removing your ADT Pulse Camera from your ADT account, you’ll need to add the camera back to the account. See how to do this in the next step.
5. Re-add Your ADT Pulse Camera to Your ADT Account
Removing your ADT Pulse Camera from your ADT account will reset the information in the camera. The camera will also disappear from your ADT Pulse app. So, you’ll need to re-add the camera to your ADT app.
Here’s how to re-add your ADT Pulse Camera to your ADT application:
- Open your ADT Pulse app.
- Click on Manage Devices on the homepage.
- A list of all the ADT devices you own will appear, alongside their numbers. Next, tap Cameras.
- Tap Add using WPS. You can find your WPS pin at the back of the ADT Pulse Camera.
- Input your special 8-digit WPS pin into the box beside WPS Pin.
- The LED light on your ADT Pulse Camera will start blinking, alternating between green and amber.
- Click on Continue.
- Now, you need to find the square button at the back of your camera. Press and hold the square button for 5 seconds.
- A green light will start flashing from your camera. This shows that you have successfully re-added the camera to your ADT account.
The troubleshooting steps in this post should help you get your ADT Pulse Camera back online.
However, if your ADT Pulse Camera still stays offline after you’ve used all the tips in this article, contact ADT Customer Care. The customer care service would inform you on how to resolve this problem.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot ADT Door Sensor and ADT Chime.