ADT Pulse Login Failure [Quick Ways to Fix]
Not sure why you can’t log into your ADT Pulse account? In this post, I’ve explained the reasons behind this problem and how to go about it. Let’s get started.
First off, if you’re unable to log in to your ADT Pulse account, here are some reasons behind this:
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Your phone’s firmware/OS requires an upgrade.
- You haven’t granted the ADT Pulse app the required permissions it needs to function properly.
- Your smartphone is incompatible with newer updates on the ADT Pulse app.
- You have entered the wrong password.
With that in mind, let’s look at what you can do to fix this problem.
How to Fix ADT Pulse Login Failure
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try if you’re having problems logging in to your ADT Pulse account:
1. Restart Your Smartphone’s Internet Connection
If you’re experiencing ADT Pulse login failure, your phone may have disconnected from the internet. If you are connecting to the internet using a cellular network, the signal strength for your cellular network might be low.
Your phone won’t connect to the internet if the network signal is weak. This usually happens when you are out of range of the network.
Usually, the easiest way to detect a drop in your cellular network signal strength is to check the top of your phone’s home screen. If you can’t see the internet connection speed rate at the top of your screen, your network signal might be weak.
That said, there are cases where the internet connection speed may appear even when the network signal is weak. If this happens, it means your phone is taking a while to show the current status of your internet connection.
If the signal strength for your phone’s cellular network is weak, you can fix it by restarting your internet connection.
Take the following steps to restart your internet connection for your cellular network:
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone.
- Click on Mobile Network.
- Scroll down to Mobile Data and toggle the switch beside it.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Then, toggle the switch beside Mobile Data to turn on your network connection.
Your smartphone should reconnect to the internet after you restart your internet connection. Once your smartphone connects to the internet, you should be able to log in to your ADT Pulse account.
2. Reboot Your Router
Are you connecting to the internet through Wi-Fi? Then you might be unable to log in to your ADT Pulse account because your Wi-Fi connection is faulty.
You can fix Wi-Fi connection issues by restarting the router.
Here’s how to restart your router:
- If your router has a power button, turn it off via the power button. Then wait for about 5 minutes and turn it back on.
- If your router doesn’t have a power button, unplug it from the power outlet and plug it back in after 5 minutes or so.
That’s how to reboot/restart your Wi-Fi router, and you should be able to log in to your ADT Pulse app after rebooting your router. But if you can’t log in, your internet connection may not be responsible for the login failure. Keep reading for more troubleshooting steps.
3. Update Your Phone’s Firmware/OS
ADT makes regular updates to the ADT Pulse app. If your smartphone is running on an old firmware version, your updated ADT Pulse app may not work properly on it. So, you may experience problems while logging in to the ADT Pulse app.
If you can’t login to your ADT Pulse account after several attempts, you might need to upgrade your phone’s firmware.
Follow these steps to update your smartphone firmware/OS:
- Click on the Settings icon on the phone’s home screen.
- Then scroll down to the Phone or System tab and tap it.
- Now, click on System Update.
- If your current firmware/OS version is outdated, you’ll see the Update button.
- Tap the Update button to upgrade your smartphone’s firmware.
Note that the steps to updating your phone’s firmware/OS may differ depending on the phone model. So, if the method above doesn’t work for you, refer to your phone’s user manual for guidelines or try googling it.
4. Grant Your ADT Pulse App the Appropriate Permissions
As your phone’s manufacturer releases new firmware versions, your ADT Pulse app may lose some of its permissions. If your ADT Pulse App doesn’t have these permissions, you may not be able to log in.
Did you update your phone’s firmware recently? Then you need to check if all the required permissions for the ADT Pulse app are granted.
Take the following steps to activate all the permissions for your ADT Pulse application on your phone:
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone.
- Next, click on App Management or Apps.
- Select App Settings.
- You’ll see the list of all the apps on your phone. Next, click on the ADT Pulse app.
- Under ADT Pulse, select Permissions.
- All the permissions required by the ADT Pulse app will appear here. The granted permissions will appear under Allowed, and the disabled permissions will appear under Denied. Click on the permissions under denied and select Allow all the time to activate them for your ADT Pulse app.
You should be able to log in to your ADT Pulse app easily after this.
5. Reset Your ADT Pulse Password
If you still can’t log in to your ADT Pulse account, you may be entering the wrong password. Perhaps you forgot the password, or you are mistaking it for the password of another application.
If you aren’t sure you are entering the correct password, you may need to reset your password.
The following guide will show you how to reset your ADT Pulse password:
- From your phone’s home screen, tap your ADT Pulse App to open it.
- Next, click on I Forgot My Password.
- Then, tap Reset Password. ADT will ask you to enter your email. This is where the link for resetting the password will be sent.
- Now, go to your email inbox.
- Open on the Reset Password email from ADT. Next, tap the Reset Password link in the email. This will take you to the Reset Password page.
- Input your username and click on Continue.
- The system may require you to answer a few security questions. After you’ve answered all the questions, tap Continue.
- ADT will assign you a new password.
Now try to log sign in again.
6. Replace Your Smartphone
If you are using an old smartphone, the device may not be compatible with ADT Pulse app updates. As a result, you may not be able to log in to the app.
Even when you update the firmware on your old smartphone, it may still not host the ADT Pulse app efficiently.
If you have been using your smartphone for over four years, you may need to change it.
7. Contact an ADT Pulse Technician
If you still can’t log in to your ADT Pulse account after exhausting all the tips in this post, contact an ADT Pulse Technician. You can reach out to an ADT Pulse Specialist by dialing the number: (800) 798-3054 from your phone.
Note that your ADT Pulse app is not the only way to control your ADT Pulse System. If you can’t log in to your ADT Pulse app, log on to the ADT Pulse portal.
You can use the ADT Pulse Portal to manage your ADT Pulse System until your ADT Pulse application is fixed.
If you want to avoid similar problems in the future, update your phone’s firmware regularly. Switching to a reliable ISP may also prevent functional issues in your ADT Pulse application.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot ADT Pulse Camera connectivity issues, ADT Chime and ADT Door/Window Sensor.