Blink Subscription Plan Not Working: How to Fix
I recently bought the Blink camera and was able to use it for a while without subscribing. A few days ago, I tried recording a video and uploading it to my cloud storage, and it just wouldn’t work.
This got me a little worked up, so I did some research and got a detailed guide on how to go about it.
In this article, I have carefully explained the steps to follow to get your Blink subscription working on all your devices. Let’s get started.
In short, if your Blink subscription plan is not working, ensure that your free trial or subscription is still active. Then connect your Amazon account to your Blink account.
If these steps do not help you fix your Blink subscription issue, keep reading to find out other troubleshooting steps you can apply to fix it.
Check if Your Free Trial is Still Active
Are you using the 30-day free trial offered by Blink to manage your devices? Then the free trial period might have ended.
To rule out this problem, check if the free trial is still active. The homepage of your Blink app will display the time left on your free trial subscription.
Blink may also send you a notification email to remind you that your free trial is ending. If your free trial has ended, subscribe to a Blink plan to continue using the service.
Verify that Your Subscription is Still Ongoing
If you are already using a Blink subscription plan, the subscription may have expired. As such, you will no longer enjoy the benefits under your subscription plan.
If your Blink subscription is not working, check that your subscription is still ongoing.
The following guide will help you verify that you have an active subscription plan.
To confirm your subscription on your smartphone, follow the steps below:
- Download the Amazon Appstore to your phone. You can find this app on the Amazon website.
- Open the Amazon Appstore and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Next, search for the Amazon Marketplace App on the Amazon Appstore.
- When you find the app, click on the Get button beside it.
- The system will automatically take you to the Install Unknown Sources page on your Settings app.
- Scroll to the Amazon Appstore on the list. Then toggle the button beside the app to permit the Amazon Appstore to download apps to your phone.
- Enter Amazon Marketplace again in the search bar. Then click on the app (Marketplace App) in the search results.
- Tap on the Get button to download the app.
- Once the download is complete, the system will prompt you to install the app.
- After you’ve installed the Amazon Marketplace app on your phone, open the app.
- Click on the Menu option on the homepage. Then tap on Your Account. You’ll be asked to sign in to your Amazon account.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on Account on the top menu.
- Select Memberships & Subscriptions on the Account page.
- You will see information about your Blink subscription, such as your plan, renewal date, and other details.
If you’ve confirmed that you have an active subscription plan, yet you can’t enjoy the features under the plan, continue to the next step.
Connect Your Blink Account to Your Amazon Account
If your Blink subscription is not working, you might not have linked your Blink account to your Amazon account. Linking both accounts lets you enjoy all the benefits provided on your Blink subscription plan.
When connecting your Blink and Amazon accounts, ensure that the Amazon account you are linking to is where you purchased your Blink subscription plan. Otherwise, you won’t be able to add your Blink devices to the Amazon account.
To confirm that you are linking your Blink account to the correct Amazon account, go to your Account Settings in the Blink app and check the email there. If the email in your Blink app corresponds with the email on your Amazon account, you are using the correct Amazon account.
Once you’ve verified your Amazon account, you can start linking the accounts together.
Here’s how to do that:
- Launch the Blink app on your phone.
- Tap on the Account icon at the bottom of the home page.
- You’ll see a list of options. Click on Link to Amazon Account from the list. Then select Link Accounts.
- You’ll be asked to log in to your Amazon account. Enter your email address and password.
- You’ll now get a message with a One Time Password (OTP) on your phone. Enter the OTP to continue.
If you complete this step and still do not have your Blink subscription working on your device, continue to the next step.
Connect Your Blink Devices to Your Account
Your Blink subscription may not work because you haven’t connected your devices to your Amazon account. Your Blink devices can only offer the benefits on your subscription plan if they are connected to the account that hosts the plan.
If you haven’t added your Blink devices to your Amazon account, you’ll need to do that now.
Follow the steps below to link your Blink devices to your Amazon account:
- Open the Amazon marketplace app.
- Scroll down the Homepage button and tap on Menu. Then select Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be asked to sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select Account from the top menu after logging into your Amazon account.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Check the right side of the Subscriptions page and click on Attach Device.
- Select Attach Plan to this Device.
- To finish the process, follow the on-screen instructions. When the process is complete, you will receive a confirmation notice.
If your Blink subscription plan doesn’t work after you’ve tried all the tips here, contact the Blink Tech Support Team. Alternatively, you can visit their Customer Support Page.
How to Fix Blink Camera Connectivity Issues
Blink Sync Module Wi-Fi Connection Issues and Troubleshooting