So I decided to try out Voxi. However, I couldn’t activate it on my device. I erroneously assumed that the SIM was damaged and called the Voxi customer service to make a complaint.
It turned out I wasn’t doing something right. The customer rep I spoke to recommended several troubleshooting tips, which helped me activate the SIM card.
In this article, I’ll share the easy steps I followed to activate my Voxi SIM card. Let’s dive in!
If your Voxi SIM activation keeps failing, check that you’ve unlocked your phone from your previous carrier. Next, confirm that the Vodafone network offers coverage in your location.
If these tips do not fix the activation issue in your Voxi SIM, keep reading for a step-by-step guide.
Tips to Fix Voxi SIM Activation Problems
1. Unlock Your Phone from Your Previous Carrier
If you haven’t unlocked your phone from your previous carrier, you might not be able to activate your new Voxi SIM. As such, you’ll need to unlock your phone before re-trying the activation process.
Contact your previous carrier’s customer service and ask them to unlock the phone. Some phone services also provide an unlock page where you can submit an unlock request form. Please note that your former service provider may ask you to pay some fees before unlocking your phone. They might also request your IMEI number.
You can find your IMEI number by dialing *#06# into your phone app. Once you get the number, write it on a piece of paper.
Your previous carrier might send you a mail to inform you they have unlocked your phone.
If you can’t activate your Voxi SIM after this, try the next tip.
2. Examine Network Coverage
The Vodafone network, which hosts the Voxi SIM, doesn’t offer coverage in some areas in the UK. If your SIM doesn’t work after you’ve activated it, your area might not be covered by the Vodafone network.
That said, you can check if your location has Voxi network coverage by searching for the area on Voxi Network Coverage Checker.
Here’s how to do that:
- Input www.voxi.co.uk/network-coverage-checker into your browser to visit the Voxi Network Coverage Checker page.
- Enter your town or postal code into the search bar on the page.
- Then tap on the GO button.
- The system will tell you whether the Vodafone network provides coverage in your area.
If you’ve confirmed that you have network coverage in your area, move on to the next step. But if Voxi doesn’t provide network coverage in your location, get a new SIM from another phone service.
3. Check Your SIM Card for Damages
Your SIM might not work because it is damaged. To rule out this issue, you’ll need to inspect the SIM card.
Remove your SIM from its slot. Examine the SIM card for scratches and damage, placing special focus on the area where the chip is located. If you see any cracks on the SIM, you might need to replace it.
But if the SIM seems to be in good condition, wipe it with a clean piece of cloth. Then blow out the dust on the SIM tray before re-inserting the SIM into the tray.
When replacing your SIM card, make sure the side with the chip faces the connectors on your phone.
After re-inserting your Voxi SIM into your phone, try activating the SIM again. If the activation fails, proceed to the next step.
3. Upgrade Your Phone’s Software
Failure to update a phone’s software can sometimes impair its functionality, and this may prevent the device from connecting to the Vodafone network.
Check for available software updates on your phone and install them to resolve this issue.
Follow these steps to complete the software update process on your phone:
- Connect your phone to an available wireless network.
- Tap on Settings. Then select About Phone.
- If a new software update is available, you will see the Update option.
- Click on Update.
- Now, wait for the new software version to download and install on your phone. Depending on the speed of the wireless network, this could take a few minutes.
Restart your phone after the update to complete the process. Now, go back to the Voxi website and click on Activate SIM again. If it fails, continue to the next tip.
4. Restart the SIM Activation
Another reason your Voxi SIM may not work after you’ve activated it is if you didn’t complete the activation. Perhaps the activation failed because of a network error.
To fix this issue, you’ll need to start the SIM card activation afresh.
Take the following steps to activate your Voxi SIM card:
- Connect your smartphone to your Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Voxi Activation page by entering ww.voxi.co.uk/activate into your phone’s browser.
- Input the 10-digit code on your SIM.
- Select Choose a Plan.
- For your new account, enter a Username and Password.
- Choose your preferred payment method and enter your payment information.
- Confirm the information you’ve entered.
- Now, insert your Voxi SIM card into your phone.
- When prompted, press the Activate SIM button on your screen.
The activation should be successful now.
Remember to check for Vodafone network coverage in your area before trying out all the other troubleshooting steps.
However, if you’ve tried these steps and none of them worked on your device, you may need to contact the Voxi customer service team.
Voxi does not have a call center, but their social and web chat teams are always on hand to help solve any problems you have.