Gosund Smart Plug Not Working After Power Outage: How to Fix
In this post, I’ve put together some handy tips to help you troubleshoot your Gosund smart plug that stops working after a power outage.
Note that you’ll need to try several troubleshooting steps until the problem is resolved. Let’s get started.
In short, if your Gosund Smart Plug isn’t working after a power outage, check that there is power in the outlet. Then check if your router is still turned on.
If this doesn’t help, keep reading for more details on how to fix the problem.
Tips to Fix “Gosund Smart Plug Not Working After Power Outage” Issue
Ensure that Your Power Outlet is Working
Your Gosund Smart Plug may not work after a power outage because there is no power in the outlet. Perhaps your circuit breaker flipped off when the power went out.
If your smart plug isn’t working, check if there is power in your outlet. You can do this by plugging another device into the outlet. If the device doesn’t work, your outlet isn’t receiving power.
To fix this problem, go to your circuit breaker and flip it back on. But if you get to the circuit board and realize that your circuit breaker is still turned on, your power outlet might be faulty. In that case, you’ll need to change the outlet.
Once your outlet starts receiving power, you can reconnect your smart plug to the outlet.
If your smart plug doesn’t work after this, try the next tip.
Check if Your Router is Turned On
You need a Wi-Fi connection to control your Gosund Smart Plug. So, if you experience any issues with your router or Wi-Fi connection, the smart plug may not work.
Sometimes, your router may stop working after the power goes out. When this happens, your Gosund Smart Plug will disconnect from Wi-Fi. As such, you won’t be able to operate the smart plug from the app.
Check if your router is still turned on. If the router is off, switch it on. Then, wait for your device to connect to Wi-Fi.
Now, try turning on a smart device with the smart plug. If the smart plug stays off, continue to the next tip.
Reboot and Reset Your Router
Another reason your Gosund Smart Plug may stop working after a power outage is a faulty router. Your router may have developed a functional issue when turning it back on.
A quick way to fix this issue is to reboot your router.
Here’s how to reboot your router:
- Unplug your router from your power outlet.
- Wait 10-20 seconds.
- Then reconnect the router to the outlet.
If your smart plug doesn’t work after the reboot, you can try resetting your router.
To reset your router, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. You can find the reset button at the back or underside of your router.
Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to set up your router again and reconnect your smart plug to Wi-Fi.
If you try to operate your Gosund Smart Plug after reconnecting it to Wi-Fi and the smart plug doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
Move Your Router Closer to Your Smart Plug
Did you change the location of your router recently? Then, your smart plug may have gone offline.
Your smart plug should be within 30 feet of your router to maintain a stable Wi-Fi connection and work with other smart devices.
If your router is more than 30 feet away from your smart plug, unplug the router from its current outlet. Then, re-insert the router into an outlet that is closer to your Gosund Smart Plug.
Your smart plug should connect to Wi-Fi now.
Wait 3 minutes before trying to turn on a device with the smart plug from the Gosund app. If the smart plug can’t switch on the device, try the next tip.
Transfer Your Smart Plug and Router to Another Location
Walls, mirrors, and windows can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal. If you place your router near any of these items, it may obstruct your smart plug’s connection and cause the device to disconnect from Wi-Fi. This might prevent the plug from working.
If you’ve installed your smart plug and router near a signal blocker, unplug them from their power outlet. Then, find an area far away from the signal blockers and re-install your router and smart plug there.
Is your smart plug working now? If not, continue to the next step.
Update Your Gosund App
An outdated Gosund app may affect the functionality of your smart plug. Your outdated app might contain glitches that impede the communication between the app and your smart plug. For instance, when you try to switch off a device on the smart plug from the Gosund app, the app may not deliver the message to the smart plug.
As such, the smart plug won’t turn on the device. This might make you wrongly assume that your Gosund Smart Plug isn’t working.
To fix this issue, you’ll need to update the Gosund app. An update might remove all the glitches in the app.
Here’s how to update your Gosund app:
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Enter “Gosund” into the search tab.
- The Gosund app should appear at the top of the search results.
- Click on the app to go to the download page.
- Then tap on the Update button to install the updated version of the app on your phone.
Your Gosund Smart Plug should start working after you’ve updated the Gosund app. However, if you still can’t operate the plug from the app, check out the next tip.
Disconnect and Reconnect Your Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
Your Gosund Smart Plug might have developed a connection error while you were using the device. A connection error often prevents the smart plug from working, even when the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
You can resolve this problem by disconnecting and reconnecting your smart plug to Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps to disconnect and reconnect your Gosund Smart Plug to Wi-Fi:
- Open your Gosund app and tap on the smart plug’s name.
- You’ll be directed to a page with a large power button.
- Click on the pencil icon at the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the Details of device page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on Remove Device. Then click on Disconnect.
- Your smart plug will disappear from the app.
- Close your Gosund app.
- Relaunch the app after a few minutes.
- Now, click on the + sign at the top right of the screen to add a new device.
- Then, tap on Add Manually and choose Socket (Wi-Fi).
- The app will automatically select your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and ask you to verify the network.
- If the app selects the wrong Wi-Fi network, go to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the right network.
- Make sure this network is on the 2.4GHz band. If you see the number 5 in the Wi-Fi network name, it might not be a 2.4GHz network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap on Next.
- Your smart plug should be flashing rapidly now. If the plug isn’t blinking, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Click on Confirm indicator rapidly blinking.
- Tap on Next again.
- The system will notify you that it is adding your smart plug.
- Once the app has added your smart plug, you’ll see a screen telling you that the device has been added.
- Tap on Done to exit the screen.
Reset Your Smart Plug
If your Gosund Smart Plug doesn’t work after you’ve tried all the tips above, the device might be faulty.
As such, you might need to reset the plug.
Take these steps to reset your Gosund Smart Plug:
- Unplug your smart plug from the power outlet. You may also disconnect all your smart devices from the plug.
- Wait 10 seconds before plugging the smart plug back into the outlet.
- Then press and hold the power button on the plug until a blue light starts flashing from the device.
- You have reset the plug.
Now, re-add the smart plug to the Gosund app. After adding the device, connect your smart devices to the smart plug and try turning on one of them with your Gosund smart plug.
The smart plug should be able to turn on the device.
If you apply all the tips here, your Gosund Smart Plug should start working. Ensure to check that your power outlet is working before trying other tips in this article.
If none of the tips here resolves the problem, contact Gosund Support.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot connectivity issues in a Gosund smart plug.