How to Connect Eufy Smart Lock to Google Home
Eufy has smart locks that work with Google Home. So if you own a Eufy lock with this feature, you can control it hands-free via Google Assistant.
However, you’ll have to link your lock to Google Home before you can ask Google Assistant to lock/unlock the door. Sounds like what you’re looking to do? Then keep reading!
If you’re not quite sure how to connect your Eufy smart lock to Google Home, we’re here to help! We’ve put together these handy tips to walk you through how to connect your Eufy smart lock to Google Home. Let’s get started.
How to Connect Eufy Smart Lock to Google Home?
Here’s how to do that:
- Make sure you have the Google Home app installed on your phone/tablet, and you’re signed in.
- Open the Google Home app and tap the plus icon (+) in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap “Set up device” and then tap “Works with Google”.
- Now, you’ll have to search for “Eufy Security”. Enter “Eufy Security” in the search bar and click on it from the search results.
- Sign in with your Eufy account details (account name and password).
- If prompted, enter your Google pin and tap “Authorize” to complete the integration.
- Follow any other on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Return to the homepage and select the room where your Eufy smart lock will be active.
So that’s all you need to do to add your Eufy smart lock to Google Home, and you can now ask Google Assistant to lock/unlock your door and perform other operations.
Note: With this integration, you can control all your Eufy Security devices compatible with Google Home.
How to Control Your Eufy Smart Lock Via Google Assistant?
Now that you have successfully linked your Eufy smart lock with Google Home, you want to know how you can ask Google Assistant to operate the lock.
Here are some commands to try:
- “OK Google, unlock the front door”.
- “OK Google, lock the front door”.
- “OK Google, is the front door locked”
Note that you have to use the name you created during the setup. For instance, if you’re asking Google Assistant to unlock the front door, you should rename your Eufy smart lock to “front door” in the Google Home app.
How to Remove Eufy Smart Lock from Google Home?
If for any reason you want to disconnect/remove your Eufy smart lock from Google Home, here’s how to do that:
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Look for the Eufy smart lock and click on it.
- Tap Settings and then tap “Remove device”.
- Tap “Remove” to complete the process.
Note that removing your Eufy smart lock from Google Home will delete all data associated with it—such as locking/unlocking history.
Why is my Eufy Smart Lock Not Working with Google Home?
Once you’ve successfully added your Eufy smart lock to Google Home, you should be able to control it hands-free via Google Assistant.
However, if this is not working for you, this might be happening because of some unseen glitches—probably server issues or Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
Here’s how to troubleshoot this issue:
- Remove Eufy smart lock from your Google Home App. Then wait for about 20 seconds and re-add it. Follow the instructions above to do this.
- If that doesn’t help, restart your router to fix network connectivity issues.
- Check and update the Eufy Security app and Good Home app. That is, depending on your phone, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to see if there are new updates to the apps and update them.
- Check your Eufy Security app to see if the smart lock firmware requires an update. If so, follow the instructions in the app to update it. Usually, Eufy firmware updates occur automatically, so you might just have to wait for the update.
If none of these fixes help, contact Eufy Customer Support for help.
You might also like to see how to troubleshoot Eufy smart lock connectivity issues, and Wyze plug Wi-Fi connection problems.