Just what the title says, in this post I’ll be walking you through the steps to lock/unlock a Smonet Smart Lock. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, then let’s head right into it!
How to Lock a Smart Smart Lock?
Here are the various ways to unlock a Smonet Smart Lock:
- Via the Keypad: Press and hold the # key for 2 seconds to lock the door (from outside).
- Via the TTLock App: Open the TTLock app on your phone, then long-press the Padlock icon for a few seconds. Note that this only works when you’re within the Bluetooth range. For remote control (from miles away), you need to connect the lock to Wi-Fi via the Gateway.
- Using the Physical Key: Insert a key into the keyhole and then turn it to the lock position to lock the door.
- Via the Thumb Turn: From the inside, rotate the Turn Piece to lock the door.
- Via Alexa/Google Home: If you’ve paired your lock with Alexa or Google Home, you can ask Alexa or Google Assistant to lock your door via voice command or lock it through the respective apps.
How to Unlock a Smonet Smart Lock?
Follow the steps below:
- Via the Keypad: Enter your passcode and press # to unlock the door.
- Via the TTLock App: Open the TTLock app on your phone and tap the Padlock icon on the home screen. Ensure you’re within the Bluetooth range. For remote access, connect the lock to Wi-Fi through the Gateway.
- Using the Physical Key: Remove the keyhole cover with a pin and then insert a key into the keyhole and rotate it to the unlock position.
- Via the Interior Thumb Turn: Rotate the Turn Piece to unlock the door from inside.
- Hands-free: You can also pair your lock with Alexa or Google Home and then unlock it via voice commands.
So those are the various ways to lock/unlock your Smonet Smart Lock.
Note that you need to create passcodes to unlock the lock via the keypad. And to lock/unlock the lock through the TTLock app, you need to pair it with the TTLock app.
If you’re not sure how to set up passcodes or pair your lock with the TTLock app, keep reading.
How to Pair Your Smonet Smart Lock with the TTLock App?
Here’s how to set up your Smonet Lock with the TTLock app:
- Download the TTLock app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store—type in “TTLock” to find the app.
- Open the app and tap Register in the top right-hand corner to create a TTLock account. If you already have a TTLock account, scroll down and log in with your existing credentials.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Touch any key on the lock (via the touchscreen) to keep it active and visible to Bluetooth connection.
- Return to the TTLock app on your phone and click Add Lock.
- Select Door Lock and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the pairing.
How to Create Admin Passcode on Your Smonet Smart Lock?
Follow the steps below:
- Open the TTLock app on your mobile device and click Settings.
- Click Basic and then select Admin Passcode. Follow the instructions on the screen to create your passcode (4-9 characters).
- You can also create an Admin Passcode through the keypad. Enter *12#123456#Admin Passcode#Admin Passcode#.
Factory Resetting a Smonet Smart Lock
You can reset your Smonet Lock if you’ve lost/forgotten your Admin Passcode or have some issues with the Lock. Yes, factory resetting the lock will restore factory default settings, so you can set up the lock again.
But keep in mind that all your previous settings will be erased, including integration settings with the TTLock app, Alexa, Google Home, etc. So you’ll have to start all over again to set up the lock, as you did when you first installed it.
That said, here’s how to reset a Smonet Smart Lock:
- Remove the battery cover and remove the batteries.
- Wait 5 seconds, and then put the batteries back in.
- Find the Reset button (a circle button located somewhere besides the battery pack). Next, press and hold the Reset button (for about 10 seconds) until the lock beeps. The beep sound shows that the lock is reset.
Ensure you set it up properly for continuous, reliable operation.
How do you unlock a Smonet Smart Lock when the batteries are low?
If the batteries in your Smonet Lock are completely drained, get a 9V battery and touch the emergency battery terminal (below the bottom of the lock) to power the lock. You can now unlock the door and replace the batteries with new ones.
Ensure you use only alkaline batteries.
You can also unlock the lock with the physical key. Remove the keyhole cover with a pin and insert the key into the keyhole to unlock it.
Does Smonet Smart Lock work with Google Home?
Yes. You can connect your Smonet Smart Lock to Google Home via the TTLock app and then lock and unlock your door hands-free with Google Assistant.
Does Smonet Smart Lock work with Alexa?
Yes. Smonet Smart Lock works with Alexa. Once successfully paired, you lock and unlock your Smonet Lock via the Alexa app or through voice command.
Does Smonet Lock work with Ring?
No, as of now, no Smonet Smart Lock model works with the Ring Alarm Security System.
Smonet Lock not locking/unlocking?
Issues like this may happen if the batteries in your lock are low. So if you’re currently not able to lock or unlock your Smonet Lock, first replace the batteries and then try to operate the lock again to see if it works.
If the issue persists, restore default settings on your lock to fix any internal bug. See how to reset a Smonet Lock above or refer to your Smonet Lock manual.
If that doesn’t help, contact Smonet Customer Support for help.
You may also like to see how to lock/unlock a Hornbill Smart Lock and program other functions.