Resetting a thermostat is usually a go-to solution for some little niggly issues with the device. For instance, issues like incorrect temperature readings with a Bryant Housewise Thermostat could be fixed by performing a reset.
In this post, we covered how to reset a Bryant Housewise Wi-Fi Thermostat and how to program some key functions after the reset. Let’s begin!
Bryant Housewise Wi-Fi Thermostat Reset Instructions
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat:
- On the Thermostat Home, Tap Menu.
- Tap Settings and then tap Reset.
- You’ll see a list of reset options. Tap Reset All and then tap Yes to complete the process. This will restore factory default settings on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat.
Keep in mind that this action will permanently erase all programming settings on your thermostat, including Wi-Fi connection settings and registration information. If needed, write down your temperature settings and other details you may need to reprogram the thermostat.
And if you’re not sure how to reprogram your thermostat after performing a factory reset, continue reading.
Programming Your Bryant Housewise Thermostat
As mentioned earlier, you’ll need to reprogram your Bryant thermostat after performing a factory reset.
Here, we covered some key programming functions to get your Bryant Housewise Thermostat running after performing a reset. Let’s begin.
Adjusting the Temperature
So you want to set the temperature on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat after performing a reset—to ensure continued, optimal operation.
Follow the steps to set/adjust the temperature on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat:
- On the Thermostat Home Screen, tap the UP or DOWN arrows.
- Tap COOL TO—to adjust the cooling set-point. Next, use the UP and DOWN arrows to adjust it.
- Tap HEAT TO—adjust the heating set-point. Next, use the UP and DOWN arrows to adjust the heat.
Keep in mind that manually adjusting the temperature on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat will override your schedule temporarily. You can cancel the schedule override by touching the lower Touch-N-Go button on the thermostat Home Screen. Then touch “Resume Schedule” afterward.
How to Set Up Weekly Schedules on Your Bryant Housewise Thermostat?
This thermostat comes with the Guided Scheduling feature that allows you to set up a schedule in seconds. You can set it up via the Thermostat Home Screen or the Mobile app installed on your phone.
Follow the steps below to set up schedules on your Bryant Housewise Thermostat, using the Guided Scheduling feature:
- On your Thermostat Home Screen or Mobile app, tap Menu. Next, tap Schedules and then tap Guided Schedule.
- The screen will display days and weeks. Now tap on the days of the week you want to set and tap Next.
- Now select your wake-up time. Next, select the heating and cooling and temperatures. For each temperature, select a Fan operation.
- The Guided Schedule will prompt you to select whether you’re at home all day or away. Follow other recommendations from the Guided Schedule to complete the process.
How to Edit Your Schedules?
You can edit all your scheduling effortlessly, as the Guided Schedule feature lets you do that. Follow the steps below to edit your schedules:
- On the Thermostat Home Screen or the Mobile App, tap Menu, then select Schedules.
- Tap View or Edit Schedule.
- Now tap on any schedule you want to edit and use the UP or DOWN arrows to adjust the settings. When you’re done editing, tap Done to complete the process.
For example, if you’re looking to edit time, click on the time, then use the UP or DOWN arrows to adjust the schedule. And if you want to delete a scheduled period, tap the time and then tap Delete to delete the scheduled period.
Related Questions and Troubleshooting Tips
How do I unregister my Bryant Housewise Thermostat?
Here’s how to unregister your Bryant Housewise thermostat:
- On the Thermostat Home Screen, tap Menu.
- Tap Settings and then select Reset.
- Tap Reset Registration from the reset options and then tap Yes to complete the process. This will delete all your registration details.
How do you reset the air filter on a Bryant Housewise thermostat?
To reset the air filter on a Bryant Housewise Thermostat, follow the steps below:
- On the Home Screen, tap Menu and then select Settings.
- Tap Reset and then select Reset Preferences.
- Tap Yes to complete the reset.
Why is my Bryant Housewise Thermostat not working?
If your Bryant Housewise Thermostat isn’t working properly, here are some reasons this might be happening:
- Low battery
- Loose wires
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Incorrect settings
However, you should start the troubleshooting by rebooting the thermostat to see if that helps. All you need to reboot the thermostat is to remove it from the backplate.
If that doesn’t help, replace the batteries and ensure they are properly installed—following the correct battery polarity (+/-). Also, check for loose wires and put them back—in the right terminals.
Keep in mind, your thermostat won’t work if your home’s circuit breaker is tripped. Check if the breaker has tripped and flip it to the ON position.
If none of the fixes helps, contact a trained technician to inspect your thermostat.
There it is! As you can see, performing a factory reset on a Bryant Housewise Thermostat is pretty simple. But keep in mind, all your settings will be deleted and you have to start all over again to program the thermostat.
If you don’t wish to perform a factory reset, select another reset option such as “Reset Preferences”. Note that selecting “Reset All” will delete all existing settings and return the thermostat to factory default settings.