LuxPRO Thermostats are impressive. However, you can sometimes find little niggly issues with them, such as temperature settings not working properly. Sounds like you? Then you want to keep reading as this post has valuable information for you.
Let’s get right into it.
If your LuxPRO thermostat won’t change temperature, here are some reasons this might be happening:
- Incorrect settings/bugs.
- Low batteries (if your thermostat is battery powered).
- The thermostat is clogged with dust and debris.
- Wiring issues.
With that in mind, here’s what you can do to fix this issue.
How to Troubleshoot a LuxPRO Thermostat that Won’t Change Temperature
1. Reset Your Thermostat to Fix Incorrect Settings
The most likely cause of your LuxPRO thermostat not changing temperature is incorrect settings or something like that (a bug). Ensuring that your thermostat is correctly programmed is the first step to fixing the problem.
To fix incorrect settings/rid unseen bugs on your thermostat, perform a hardware reset. This reset option doesn’t erase your custom settings but only refreshes the thermostat to function properly.
Here’s how to perform a hardware reset on a LuxPRO thermostat:
- Remove the front part of the thermostat from the wall.
- Check the right side of the thermostat to find the reset button (a white circle button usually labeled “H.W. Reset”).
- Press and hold the button for about 5 seconds. This will reset your thermostat.
Now check to see if the issue is fixed. If not, perform a software reset.
Keep in mind that a software reset will restore factory default settings on the thermostat. So you’ll have to start all over again to set it up, as you did when you just installed it. You may want to write down your temperature settings before you perform the reset.
That said, here’s how to perform a software reset on your LuxPRO thermostat:
- Check the right side of the thermostat to find a white round button (labeled “R. Reset”).
- Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds. This will factory reset your LuxPRO thermostat.
If you can’t find the software reset button on your thermostat, try this method:
- Ensure that your LuxPRO thermostat’s keypad lockout is unlocked.
- Switch the System Mode off (simply move it to the OFF position).
- Press and hold the UP, DOWN, and NEXT buttons simultaneously. Hold down the buttons for about 5 seconds before releasing them. Your thermostat screen will populate, showing the reset is successful.
Next, set up the thermostat and see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
2. Check the Thermostat Wiring
Loose/damaged wires can cause some malfunctions in a thermostat, such as the temperature issues you’re currently having with your LuxPRO thermostat.
Check your thermostat wiring to see if any wire is loose. If so, attach it back to the correct terminal block. And if there’s any damaged wire, replace and reconnect it to the right terminal block—ensure that the bare white ends are all put into the terminal block before tightening the screws.
If you’re not sure how to handle wiring issues in your thermostat, see the wiring diagram in your user manual or contact an expert to help you.
3. Replace the Batteries
If your thermostat runs on battery power, it may start to malfunction if the batteries are running low.
Check and replace the batteries and ensure that the batteries are installed in the proper direction.
More so, make sure to use the correct batteries. Most LuxPRO thermostat models that run on battery power use only non-rechargeable AA alkaline batteries. Be sure not to mix old batteries with new ones as that might cause undesirable operation.
If the issue continues after replacing the batteries, continue to the next step.
4. Clean the Thermostat
Another thing you might need to consider is cleaning your thermostat, as it could malfunction if clogged with dust and debris.
Start with the outer part; remove all dirt on the cover, then remove the cover and clean it inside. You can use a soft brush or cloth for the cleaning.
Be careful not to disconnect any wires from the terminal while cleaning.
There may be several reasons behind the temperature issues you’re having with your LuxPRO thermostat. As mentioned earlier, incorrect settings and other glitches could be the major cause of the issue.
And you can resolve this by resetting your thermostat. First, perform a hardware reset. If the issue persists, perform a software reset. Usually, this should fix the problem.
But if not, try other troubleshooting steps above. If the issue persists after exhausting all the troubleshooting tips in this post, contact LuxPRO Customer Support for help.