Are you trying to set up your D-Link camera wirelessly? This article will help you.
First off, you’ll need to download the mydlink app (via Google Play or Apple App Store), create an account, and turn on your smartphone’s Bluetooth.
Once you’ve performed the preliminary steps above, you can start setting up your D-Link camera.
In this article, we used the mydlink Lite app to show you how to set up your D-Link camera. Let’s get started.
How to Set Up a D-Link Camera Wirelessly?
Here are the steps to follow to set up your D-Link camera wirelessly:
- Open the mydlink Lite app on your phone. Next, click on Add a New Camera. The system will now ask you if you have a configuration card or a QR code on your camera. Tap Yes to continue.
- Turn to the bottom of your D-Link camera to reveal the QR code. If you can’t find a QR code at the bottom of your camera, your D-Link camera should come with a Wi-Fi configuration card.
- Scan the QR code on your camera or the configuration card with your phone. If you are finding it difficult to scan the QR code, move to a well-lit area in your room and scan the code there. Moving your phone closer or farther from the QR code may also resolve any scanning issues you are facing.
- Once you’ve scanned the QR code successfully, plug in your D-Link camera to its power adapter and move your router closer to the camera. Wait until an orange light is blinking from your camera. Next, click on Ready.
- Your D-Link camera will start searching for Wi-Fi networks around you. When your router’s Wi-Fi name appears, tap on it. Now, enter your Wi-Fi password below your router’s Wi-Fi name and tap Done.
- Click Next. Your D-Link camera will start connecting to your wireless router. This should take 1-3 minutes.
- The system will now display a list of Wi-Fi networks. Choose the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal for a quick connection. This will take you to the Camera Settings page.
- Choose a password for your D-Link camera and enter it on the Camera Settings page. After entering your password, tap Next. The D-Link system will detect your location and set the camera’s time zone according to your area. Now, tap OK.
- You’ll get a message asking if you want to add the camera to the mydlink account you are currently using. If you want, tap Yes. If not, select No.
- You have finished setting up your new D-Link camera. Tap Done to exit the page. Your new D-Link camera will now appear on the Remote Devices page. Tap on the camera to configure it.
So that’s all you need to do to set up your D-Link camera wirelessly.
How Do I Connect My D-Link Camera to Wi-Fi Without WPS?
Follow these steps to connect your D-Link camera to Wi-Fi without WPS:
- You may be taken to the WPS setup page after you’ve scanned the QR code on your D-Link camera. On the WPS setup page, the system will ask you if you have a WPS button on your Wi-Fi router. Tap on No.
- Plug in your D-Link camera to its power adapter and wait until an orange light blinks from the back of your camera. Then click on Ready.
- Now, input your camera’s Wi-Fi name and password. You can find this information on the device, the quick install card, or the box.
- The mydlink Lite app will now disconnect from your smartphone’s Wi-Fi network and connect to your camera’s Wi-Fi network.
- Once the mydlink Lite app has successfully connected to your camera’s Wi-Fi network, it will ask you to connect to your local network. Your local network is your router’s Wi-Fi network, which you want to connect your D-Link camera to.
- After the connection is complete, the system will ask you to create a password for your Wi-Fi camera.
- The mydlink app will set your camera’s time zone to your current location.
- Finally, you will receive a message asking if you want to add the new camera to your current mydlink account. Tap Yes.
- Now, your new camera will appear on the Remote Devices list, and you can click on it when you want a live video view.
How Do You Record a D-Link Camera to Your Hard Drive?
Take the following steps to record D-Link camera videos to your hard drive:
- Download the D-View Camera software to your computer. Go here to download the D-View camera software.
- Open the software once you’ve finished downloading it.
- Enter the username and password to your D-link account. All the cameras you’ve saved to your D-Link account will appear here.
- Any video on your D-Link camera will now appear on your computer. You can view a recorded video just by opening the D-View Cam software on your PC.
Why is My D-Link Camera Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
Here are some reasons your D-Link camera won’t connect to Wi-Fi:
- Your Wi-Fi signal strength is low.
- Your router is operating on the 5GHz band.
- The app (mydlink app) is outdated.
- The camera is faulty.
To troubleshoot this issue, start by restarting your router and then try to connect again. If that doesn’t help, check that your router is operating on the 2.4GHz network, as the D-Link camera doesn’t support a 5GHz Wi-Fi network.
Next, check and update the app. This should fix the problem. If the problem persists, contact Dlink customer support for help.
Can I Use My D-Link Camera Without the Internet?
It is possible to use your D-Link camera without the internet. That said, you can only access the D-Link camera offline if you are using the mydlink Lite app.
Here’s how to use the D-Link camera without the internet:
- Turn on your phone’s Wi-Fi.
- Open the mydlink Lite app on your phone.
- Then log in to your D-Link account. You’ll need internet collection to log in to your account. But once you are logged in, you can switch off your connection.
- Next, tap the Local tab at the bottom of the page.
- You can view the live feed from your D-Link camera on the local tab.