Mint Mobile says no service? No problem!
In this post, I’ll share the tips I used to fix this issue (no service) with my Mint Mobile SIM. Let’s get started.
If your Mint Mobile has no service, reboot your phone. If that doesn’t help, remove the SIM from your phone and reinsert it.
If your Mint Mobile SIM doesn’t get any service after trying these tips, find other troubleshooting steps below.
Reboot Your Phone
As mentioned earlier, the first thing you’ll need to do is reboot your phone. Your Mint Mobile SIM might not work because of a glitch in your phone. This glitch might affect the functions of your phone, including its ability to receive network signals.
You can fix this issue by rebooting your phone.
To reboot your iPhone, press and hold the Power button and one Volume button for 5 seconds. Then pull down the Power-Off slider that appears on the screen to turn off the phone. After 30 seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn the phone back on.
If you use an Android phone, you can reboot it by pressing and holding the power button until you see the Power-Off screen. Slide the Restart button on the screen to power cycle the phone.
Now, try sending a message on your phone. If the message fails to send, see the next tip.
Remove and Re-insert Your SIM into Your Phone
If your Mint Mobile SIM isn’t working, you might not have inserted the SIM properly.
Remove and re-insert your SIM into the phone to resolve this problem. When re-inserting the SIM, make sure to place it in the correct position.
The proper way to insert a SIM into an iPhone is to place it face up. In contrast, Android phones require you to insert the SIM face down.
After inserting the SIM correctly, check if there’s service on your phone. If not, proceed to the next step.
Deactivate Airplane Mode
Are you unable to connect to the internet with your Mint Mobile SIM? Then you might have turned on Airplane Mode.
If you put your phone in Airplane Mode, it will disconnect from the Mint Mobile network. As such, you won’t be able to make calls, send messages or surf the internet.
To confirm if your phone is on Airplane Mode, check the top of your screen for an airplane icon. If you see the airplane icon on the screen, you’ll need to turn off Airplane Mode.
Follow these steps to turn off Airplane mode on your device:
- Tap on the top of your screen. Then drag the top down.
- You’ll see a list of functions here. Find the airplane icon on this list and press it to turn it off.
However, if you don’t see the airplane icon on your screen, continue to the next step.
Retry the Activation Process
Another reason your Mint Mobile SIM may fail to work is an incomplete activation process. Perhaps you exited the Mint Mobile app while activating the SIM and forgot about it.
To rule out this error, you’ll need to repeat the activation process.
Here is the correct way to activate your Mint Mobile SIM:
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi. Then download the Mint Mobile app store from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and click on Activate Your SIM Card.
- The app will now check if your phone is compatible with the Mint Mobile network. If your phone supports Mint Mobile, you’ll be moved to the next stage automatically.
- Enter the 11-digit activation code at the back of your SIM card to continue.
- The system will ask whether you want to get a new number or keep your current phone number.
- If you select Get a New One, Mint Mobile will ask you to enter your contact information to complete the activation process.
- However, if you choose to Keep Your Current One, the system will require you to input your Account Number, Passcode and Billing Address. Contact your current carrier and ask them to give you this information.
- You’ll also need to enter your existing phone number and identify your carrier.
- Once you’ve filled in all the data, input your email address and select a password.
- Now, click on Save to complete the SIM activation.
Your SIM should be working properly now. But if it isn’t working, continue to the next step.
Find an Area with Better Coverage
If your Mint Mobile SIM isn’t working, chances are the network for that area is poor. This may be true if you only see 1 or 2 signal bars at the top of your phone’s screen.
Walk around your home until you find better coverage. Then, try using the SIM again.
If you still can’t get any service, continue to the next tip.
Network Downtime: Try Again Later
Your Mint Mobile SIM may not work because the network is undergoing a temporary downtime.
Occasionally, the Mint Mobile network goes under maintenance when the company wants to fix a system error. When this happens, the network will be out of use.
Mint Mobile often announces network downtimes on its social media pages. Go over there and see if that’s the case.
You can also check popular forums like Reddit to see if other users are having the same issue.
Update Your Phone’s Firmware
If your phone’s firmware is outdated, the device might encounter bugs that will hinder its functionality. As a result, you may not be able to connect to Mint Mobile’s network.
You’ll need to update your phone’s firmware to fix this issue. Updating your firmware might eliminate the bugs on the phone.
Follow the guide below to download the latest firmware version for your iPhone and Android phone:
- Open your Settings app.
- Select General and click on Software Updates.
- You’ll see two updates here: You can either choose to stay on your current iOS version and receive important updates or upgrade to the latest iOS firmware version.
- Click on Download and Install under the option you prefer to install it on your phone.
- Tap on Install Now to install the update.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Click on About Phone. Then tap on Check for updates.
- The new firmware version will appear.
- Tap on Install to download the firmware update.
Insert Your SIM into A New Phone
If your Mint Mobile SIM doesn’t work after you’ve tried all these steps, the SIM might be faulty. As such, you may need to get a new SIM.
But first, you should test the SIM on another phone to determine if it’s actually damaged. Make sure the other phone doesn’t have a carrier yet.
If you can’t make calls or send messages from the new phone, buy a new SIM. But if the SIM works perfectly, your phone might be faulty.
So that’s how to troubleshoot network issues on your Mint Mobile. Make sure to follow these troubleshooting steps correctly to get your Mint Mobile SIM to work properly.