OrangeIOT Keypad Lock Reset Instructions
If your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock is not working properly, resetting the device is usually a go-to fix. Also, you want to reset the lock if you want to remove all existing codes and reprogram the lock.
In this post, I’ll show you how to factory reset your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock in seconds. However, note that this action will erase all your custom settings, so you’ll need to reprogram the lock after the reset.
That’s said, here’s how to factory reset your OrangeIOT Electronic Keypad Lock:
- Keep your door open and make sure the lock is unlocked.
- Go to the interior assembly of the lock and remove the battery cover.
- You’ll see the reset button on the inside of the interior assembly (a tiny hole).
- Use a paperclip or needle to press and hold the Reset button.
- While still holding the Reset button, remove one battery and put it back in.
- Continue holding the Reset button (for about 5 seconds) until you hear a beep. Now release the button.
- The reset is complete.
Now that your lock is reset, you’ll need to reprogram the lock. The first thing you need to do is to change the default Master Code (12345678) to ensure security.
The Master PIN Code puts the lock in programming mode, so you make programming changes to the lock. If you don’t change the default code, anyone can tamper with your lock settings.
How to Change the Default Programming Code on Your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock
Follow the steps below to change the default Programming Code:
- On the keypad, Press the OrangeIOT button twice. Then input the default Master Code (12345678) and press the OrangeIOT button again. Wait for the lock to illuminate green.
- Press the number 1 key and wait for a green flash.
- Enter a new Master Code (4-10 digits) and press the OrangeIOT button. Then wait for the usual green flash.
- Enter the new Master Code again and press the OrangeIOT button. The lock will flash green, showing the programming is successful.
Now your new Master Code is active, and you’ll need to enter it to put the lock in programming mode—whenever you want to program the lock.
If you’re having issues changing your Master Code, check that you’re not entering a forward number sequence (12345678), backward number sequence (87654321), or repeated number sequence (22222222).
Even though the default Programming Code is in a forward number sequence, the lock doesn’t accept any of those number sequences as a new Programming Code. So, ensure you’re entering a unique 4-10 digit code as your master code.
Adding a New User Code
You’ll also need to add new User Codes to your lock for keyless entry. After adding User Codes, you can unlock the deadbolt by inputting a code on the keypad.
Follow the steps below to add new User Codes to your lock:
- Press the OrangeIOT button twice and then enter your Master Code. Then press the OrangeIOT button again and wait for the lock to light green. The lock is now in programming mode.
- Press the number 2 key and wait for the lock to light green.
- Enter a new User Code (4-10 digits) and press the OrangeIOT button. Then wait for the lock to flash green.
- Enter the new User Code again and press the OrangeIOT button. The lock will flash green, showing the operation is successful.
So, your new User Code has been added successfully. The lock accepts up to 20 User Codes, so you can repeat the steps to add more codes.
When adding a new User Code, ensure that it doesn’t match an existing code. Your new User Code should be completely different from any existing code.
Deleting a User Code
If you want to remove an existing User Code from your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock, here’s how to do that:
- Press the OrangeIOT button twice. Next, enter your Master Code and press the OrangeIOT button again. Wait for the long green lights.
- Press the number 3 key and wait for the lock to light green.
- Enter the User Code you want to remove. Then press the OrangeIOT button. If the lock illuminates green after this, the operation is successful (User Code deleted).
Locking and Unlocking Your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock
Here’s how to unlock your OrangeIOT Lock from outside:
- Enter your Master Code or a User Code on the keypad. Then press the OrangeIOT button once.
- You can also unlock the lock from outside by using the physical key—insert the key into the keyhole and rotate it to unlock.
To lock your door from outside:
- Press and hold any key on the keypad for 2 seconds or so.
- You can also lock the deadbolt with the physical key.
To lock/unlock your door from the inside, rotate the thumb turn to the lock/unlock position.
You can reset your OrangeIOT Keypad Lock in seconds if you follow the steps correctly.
However, note that resetting your lock will remove all custom settings. So, you’ll have to start over again to program the lock.
You should only reset your lock if you’ve lost your Programming Code (Master Code), or when the lock is faulty.
How to Reset/Troubleshoot a Tru-bolt Electronic Deadbolt
Defiant Electronic Deadbolt Troubleshooting and Programming Guide