If you’re looking to reset your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt but not sure how to do it, then this post is your go-to resource.
But first, keep in mind that factory resetting your Gatehouse Lock will remove all your previous programming functions. So you’ll have to start all over again to program the lock as you did when you just installed it.
You should only reset your lock if you’ve lost the Programming Code/User Codes. Also, if you’re having issues with the lock, resetting it usually helps to fix some minor problems.
That said, if your Gatehouse Electronic Keypad Deadbolt looks like the one in the image below, follow the steps in the next paragraph to restore factory settings.
How to Factory Reset a Gatehouse Electronic Lock
- On the interior assembly, remove the battery cover and then remove one battery.
- Press and hold the SET button (a little circle button on the inside of the interior assembly; see the image above).
- Keep holding the SET button. Next, put the battery back in and then release the SET button.
- The green LED indicator will illuminate, followed by two beeps and that shows the lock is reset.
So that’s all you need to do to factory reset your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt.
And as mentioned, all your programmed codes will be deleted after the reset, so you’ll need to reprogram new codes and other functions.
For your needs, I’ll show you how to change the 4-digit code (User Code) on your Gatehouse Lock and how to program other functions. Let’s dive into it!
How to Change the Default Programming Code on Your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt
The default Programming Code for this lock is 123456, and you’ll need to change it to ensure security.
So here’s how to change the default Programming Code on your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt:
- Press and hold the SET button for a few seconds until you hear two beeps and the LED indicator flashes red. This will put the lock in programming mode.
- Enter the default Programming Code (123456) and press the Lock button on the keypad.
- Enter 10 (1 and 0) and then press the Lock button. Next, enter a new Programming Code (6-digit number) and then press the Lock button.
The red LED indicator will illuminate constantly for about 10 seconds and that shows the default Programming Code on your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt has been successfully changed.
So that’s all you need to do to change the default Programming Code on your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt. You can also change your current Programming Code with the same method.
How to Create New Codes on Your Gatehouse Lock
After resetting your lock, you’ll need to create new User Codes that can be used to unlock the lock via the keypad. The lock allows you to create and store up to 10 User Codes.
That said, here’s how to create a new User Code on Your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt:
- Press and hold the SET button for a few seconds until the lock flashes red and beeps twice.
- Enter your Programming Code and press the Lock button. Next, enter 20 (2 and 0) and press the Lock button.
- Enter a new User Code (4 to 6-digit number) and press the Lock button.
If the red LED indicator illuminates constantly for 10 seconds or so, your new User Code has been successfully added.
How to Delete Existing User Codes on Your Gatehouse Lock
Follow the steps below to delete an existing User Code on your Gatehouse Lock:
- Long press the SET button until the red LED indicator illuminates, followed by two beeps. Your lock is now in programming mode.
- Enter your current Programming Code and then press the Lock button.
- Enter 30 (3 and 0) and press the Lock button.
- Now Enter the User Code to be deleted and press the Lock button.
If the red LED indicator lights for about 10 seconds, then the code has been successfully removed.
And the lock also allows you to delete all existing User Codes at once. Here’s how to do that:
- Put your lock in programming mode by long-pressing the SET button until the LED indicator illuminates and the lock beeps twice.
- Enter your current Programming Code and press the Lock button.
- Enter 40 (4 and 0) and press the Lock button.
- Long press the Clear button (c) on the keypad for about three seconds.
Now the green LED will illuminate and you’ll hear one beep. Next, the red LED indicator will light constantly for about 10 seconds—indicating all existing User Codes have been successfully deleted.
So that’s it! Factory resetting your Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt is a seamless process, so long as you follow the steps correctly.
But keep in mind that Gatehouse Electronic Locks are of different models; the reset method in this post is for Gatehouse Electronic Deadbolt G27D01/G2X2D01. It might well work for other models, so you could try to see if it works for you. If not, refer to your User Manual for instructions.