If your Pro1 T701i Thermostat is not working properly and you’re looking for tips to resolve this issue, keep reading.
In this post, I’ll show you how to troubleshoot common issues with your Pro1 T701i thermostat, such as no Wi-Fi connection, incorrect temperature readings, and blank screen issues. Let’s get started.
Power Cycle Your Thermostat
If your Pro1 T701i thermostat is malfunctioning, a quick way to resolve this issue is to power cycle the device.
Go to your home’s circuit breaker box and locate the switch that controls your thermostat. The switch is usually labeled “HVAC” or “AC”. When you find the switch, flip it off, then wait 20-30 seconds and flip it back on.
That’s how to power cycle your thermostat and this usually helps to fix some malfunctions in the thermostat.
Now check to see if the problem is resolved.
Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Issues
Follow these steps to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connection issues with your thermostat:
1. Reboot Your Router
If you’re experiencing connectivity issues with your Pro1 T701i, the first thing you’ll need to do is reboot your router. You can do this by unplugging the router from its power source and plugging it back in.
2. Bring the Thermostat Closer to Your Router
If your thermostat doesn’t connect to the internet after rebooting the router, check if it’s too far from your router and bring it closer. If your thermostat is too far from the router, it might not receive sufficient signal strength to connect.
3. Remove and Reinstall the App
If you’re still unable to get your thermostat connected to the internet, remove the Pro1 app from your phone and reinstall it.
The procedure to do this will vary depending on your phone. But a general way to remove an app from smartphones is to press and hold the app icon on your phone’s home screen. Next, you’ll see an option to uninstall the app. Tap on it to remove the app.
After removing the app, go to your app store and reinstall the app. If you’re using an Android device, go to the Google Play Store. For iOS, go to the App Store and download the app.
4. Reset Your Pro1 T701i Wi-Fi
After reinstalling the app, you’ll need to set it up again. But before doing that, you’ll have to reset the Wi-Fi on the thermostat because of the connectivity issues.
Here is how to reset your Pro1 T701i Wi-Fi:
- On the thermostat, press and hold the plus (+) and minus (–) buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- Select Wi-Fi. Next, press and hold the TECH button for about 3 seconds, then press YES.
- Your Pro1 T701i thermostat’s Wi-Fi is reset.
5. Connect Your Pro1 T701i Thermostat to Wi-Fi
Now you’ll need to reconnect your thermostat to your home Wi-Fi through the Pro1 app.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the app on your phone, and tap on My Thermostat or Add Thermostat. Next, sign in with your existing account information (email and password).
- Select the thermostat you want to connect to Wi-Fi. You’ll see a name like tstat-####. If you’re using an iOS device, go to your device’s Settings, then Wi-Fi, and select tstat-####. Once it’s connected to the Wi-Fi, go back to the Pro1 app on your phone.
- Now choose your home Wi-Fi network and enter the password. Make sure the password is correct.
- Check the thermostat home screen for a 4-digit authorization code. Next, enter the code in the app.
- Choose your time zone. Then confirm if you use daylight savings time or not. If you’re using an iOS device, you may be prompted to go to your device’s Settings and select your home Wi-Fi network. Once this is done, return to the Pro1 app.
- Add the address where your thermostat is installed.
- Now change your account password (for security reasons). Your new password must be 8 digits long and contain a number, punctuation, lowercase, and capital letter.
So that’s how to reconnect your Pro1 T701i thermostat to Wi-Fi.
Your thermostat should work fine now.
Your Pro1 T701i thermostat may not work properly if the wiring is faulty. If the thermostat is still malfunctioning, you may need to check for pinched or burned wires and fix them. Also, ensure that the wires are inserted into the right terminals.
Dirt/dust can also cause your thermostat to malfunction. Remove your thermostat from the wall and clean it with a soft cloth. If needed, use a vacuum hose to remove all dust in the thermostat.
You should also check the position of your thermostat. If your thermostat isn’t positioned properly, it might give the wrong temperature readings.
Your Pro1 IAQ T701i thermostat should work fine after applying all the fixes in this post.
However, if the problem persists, get a professional to help you. Or you contact Pro1 Customer Support and report the issue.