Recently, I got the Q Link SIM and inserted it into my phone. However, I noticed the SIM wasn’t working.
I contacted the QLink Customer Service team, where someone carefully outlined various ways to troubleshoot the QLink SIM. After I applied these methods, my SIM started working.
In this post, I’ll share all the tips I used to fix the issue. Let’s get started.
In short, here are the steps I took to troubleshoot my Q Link SIM:
First, ensure that you’ve placed the SIM correctly. Then activate the SIM.
If your QLink SIM doesn’t work after you’ve applied these steps, keep reading for more details.
Insert Your SIM into Your Phone Correctly
If your QLink SIM isn’t working, you might have inserted your SIM wrongly.
To fix this issue, you’ll need to remove and re-insert the SIM card correctly. The best way to do this is to use the general method for inserting sim cards into your phone model.
In most Android phones, the SIM card is inserted face down. But the correct way to insert a SIM into an iPhone is face up.
If your QLink SIM card doesn’t work after you’ve inserted the SIM properly, try the next step.
Ensure that You’ve Activated Your SIM
Your QLink SIM won’t work if you haven’t activated it. Activating your new SIM is necessary to disconnect your phone from your previous carrier.
The first step to take when activating your QLink SIM is to reset your network.
The following guide will show you how to reset your network:
- Open your Settings app and click on System.
- Choose Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network.
- Go to your phone’s settings and tap on General.
- Now, click on Reset and choose Reset Network Settings.
- Input your iPhone password.
- Click on Confirm Reset Network Settings to reset your network.
After resetting your network, you’ll need to transfer your phone number from your old carrier to QLink. You can do this by contacting your old carrier to transfer your phone number to QLink.
Before contacting your old carrier, ensure that your phone number is valid and you’ve paid all your phone bills.
If you don’t want to transfer your old number, you can use the temporary phone number that comes with your new QLink SIM.
The final step to take when activating your new SIM card is to download the QLink Wireless app and create a QLink account. Follow the prompts in the app to finish activating your SIM.
After activating your SIM card, send a message to your friend from the SIM. If the message fails to send, continue to the next step.
Wipe Off Dust from Your SIM Card
Your QLink SIM might have accumulated dust while inside your phone. Leaving grime on the SIM card might affect its functionality.
To fix this issue, remove the SIM from its slot and use a clean, dry cloth to wipe off the dust.
Your QLInk SIM should work now. But if it doesn’t, proceed to the next step.
Remove Your Phone from Airplane Mode
Your QLink SIM may not be working because your phone is on Airplane mode. Perhaps you mistakenly turned on Airplane mode while activating your SIM.
If your phone is on Airplane mode, it will automatically disconnect from the QLink network. As such, you won’t be able to make calls, send messages, or browse the internet.
You can resolve this problem by removing your phone from airplane mode.
Follow these steps to turn off airplane mode on your phone:
- Tap on the top of your phone’s screen. Then drag it down to reveal the Shortcut menu on your phone.
- Search for the airplane icon on the Shortcut list.
- When you find the icon, tap on it to turn off airplane mode.
After turning off airplane mode, wait for about 30 seconds before trying to use the SIM again. If the SIM doesn’t work this time, try the next tip.
Reboot Your Phone
Your smartphone might encounter an error while trying to use your SIM. This bug may affect the SIM card, thus preventing it from working.
A quick way to fix this issue is to reboot your phone.
Here’s how to restart your phone:
- Press and hold the power button on the side of your phone until the Power-Off screen appears.
- Next, slide the Restart button to reboot the phone.
- Your phone should turn on in 60 seconds.
- Press and hold one volume button and the side button on your phone until you see the Power-Off slider.
- Drag this slider to turn off the phone.
- Wait for the phone to turn off.
- Press and hold the side button again until your phone’s screen lights up again.
Once your phone is fully loaded, make a call with your QLink SIM.
If the call doesn’t go through, move on to the next step.
Download the Latest Firmware Version for Your Phone
If your QLink SIM doesn’t work after you’ve restarted your phone, your phone might still contain a glitch.
In that case, you’ll need to update your phone’s firmware. The firmware update might come with bug fixes that will eliminate all glitches and errors on your phone.
Follow these steps to update your phone’s firmware:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select About Phone.
- Then tap on Check for Updates.
- You’ll see the new firmware version. Click on the update to download it to your phone.
- Tap on the Settings app on your phone to open it. Then select General.
- Click on Software Update.
- You’ll see two updates on the Software Update page. One update lets you stay on your current iOS version and receive security updates. The other software version will upgrade your phone to the latest iOS version.
- Tap the Download and Install option below on the firmware update you want.
- Now, click on Install Now.
The new firmware version will start downloading to your iPhone.
If your QLink SIM doesn’t work after this, proceed to the next step.
Insert Your SIM into Another Phone
If none of the steps above fixes your QLink SIM, your phone might be faulty. To check if your phone is faulty, insert your QLink SIM into a phone without a carrier. If the SIM card doesn’t work, it might be damaged.
In that case, you’ll need to get a new QLink SIM. You can also try reporting the issue to QLink Support.
However, if your SIM works perfectly on another phone, your phone might be faulty. Consider asking a technician to inspect your phone.
Your QLink SIM should work after you’ve applied all these steps. If the SIM stops working after a while, updating your phone’s firmware should get the SIM working again.