Reolink Camera Not Connecting: How to Fix
Not sure why your Reolink Camera won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi? In this article, I have carefully explained the steps you should take to fix your Reolink camera connection issues.
One of the quickest ways to fix this problem is to tighten your camera’s antenna to the device. You should also check that the camera is powered on.
If your Reolink Camera doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve applied these tips, keep reading to find more troubleshooting tips.
Tips to Troubleshoot Reolink Camera Wi-Fi Connection Issues
Tighten Your Camera Antenna to the Device
The antenna on your Reolink Camera helps the camera detect Wi-Fi signals around it. After finding these signals, the antenna transmits them to the camera’s receptors.
However, if you don’t fix the antenna tightly to the camera, the device won’t be able to communicate with its antenna. As a result, the camera won’t find any Wi-Fi signals.
If your Reolink Camera isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, you might need to tighten the camera’s antenna. Detach the antenna from the device.
Then place the antenna back onto the camera. Keep screwing the antenna onto the camera until the antenna is firmly attached to the device.
Now, try connecting your camera to Wi-Fi. If it fails to connect, continue to the next tip.
Ensure that Your Camera is Powered On
If you haven’t plugged your Reolink Wireless Camera into a power outlet, the device may not connect to Wi-Fi. Your camera uses power to connect to Wi-Fi, and this power comes from electrical currents. Without these electrical currents, your camera may not function.
If your camera isn’t connected to a power outlet, plug it in and turn on the outlet. Then wait for the camera to power up before connecting it to Wi-Fi.
After 10 minutes, try connecting your Reolink camera to Wi-Fi. If the device doesn’t connect, you might have plugged the device into a faulty power outlet. To rule out this possibility, you’ll need to test the outlet.
Here’s how to test your power outlet:
Plug your phone charger into the outlet.
- Try charging your phone with the charger.
- If your phone charges, the outlet is working properly.
- However, if your phone doesn’t charge, the power outlet might be faulty.
- If you suspect that the current power outlet is problematic, connect the camera to another outlet. Ensure the new outlet is working before you plug in the camera.
Once your Reolink camera is powered on, pair the device with Wi-Fi. If the camera fails to connect, continue to the next tip.
Reboot Your Router
If your Reolink camera isn’t connecting, your router might be malfunctioning.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to reboot the router.
Follow these steps to restart your router:
- Unplug your router from your power outlet.
- Wait 10 seconds. The reconnect your router’s plug to the outlet.
If your Reolink camera doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after the reboot, proceed to the next step.
Move Your Camera Closer to Your Router
If your camera is too far away from your router, the device’s Wi-Fi signal might be weak. The Reolink camera rarely connects to weak Wi-Fi signals.
To increase the strength of your Wi-Fi signal, move the camera closer to the router. Try to place the device about 30 feet away from your router.
Your Reolink camera should connect to Wi-Fi once it is closer to your router. But if the device fails to connect again, continue to the next tip.
Move Signal Blockers Away from Your Router and Camera
Even if your Reolink camera is close enough to your router, it might still not receive any Wi-Fi signals. If you place some devices between your router and your camera, they may interfere with the signals from the router.
Devices that interfere with Wi-Fi signals include baby monitors, microwave cookers, radios, and walkie-talkies. Materials like windows, doors, and concrete walls may also interfere with your Wi-Fi signal.
A quick fix for this issue is to move all potential signal blockers away from your router and camera.
If you still experience the Wi-Fi connection issue after this, move on to the next tip.
Enter the Correct Wi-Fi Password
Another reason your Reolink camera may not connect to Wi-Fi is an incorrect Wi-Fi password.
If you guessed your Wi-Fi password before entering it into the Reolink app, chances are the password is incorrect. In that case, you’ll need to confirm your WI-Fi password in your phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
Follow these steps to check your Wi-Fi password on your phone:
- Open your Settings app.
- Select Connections.
- Then choose Wi-Fi.
- You’ll see all the Wi-Fi networks your phone can detect.
- Search for your Wi-Fi network on the list.
- When you find the network, tap on the gear icon beside it.
- The Show Password option should appear. Tap on the option to reveal your Wi-Fi password.
After finding the correct password, write it in a note. Then open the Reolink app and enter the Wi-Fi password into the app.
Try connecting your camera to Wi-Fi again. If the camera doesn’t connect, go to the next tip.
Match Your Camera’s SSID to Your Router’s SSID
When you’re installing your camera in the Reolink app, the app asks you to set up an SSID for the device. Your SSID is your Wi-Fi network name.
If you don’t give your camera the same SSID as your router, your camera may not connect to Wi-Fi. To fix this issue, you’ll need to change the camera’s SSID to your router’s SSID.
Here’s how to change your Reolink Camera’s SSID:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your camera to your router.
- Open the browser on your computer and enter the URL: https://m.reolink.com/software-and-manual to visit the Reolink Client download page.
- You’ll see a list of Reolink Client versions for each operating system.
- Click on your operating system (e.g. Windows) to download the appropriate Reolink Client software version for your computer.
- Once you’ve downloaded the software, launch it on your PC.
- Tap on the + icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, scan the QR code on your camera to add the device to the software.
- Next, click on the gear icon at the top of the screen to go to the Settings page.
- Select Network Settings and tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Next, input the new SSID and password for your device. Make sure this SSID is the same as your router’s SSID.
- Now, tap on Connect to save the settings.
After changing your Reolink camera’s SSID, open the Reolink app on your phone. Then, enter your Wi-Fi network name and your password to connect the camera to Wi-Fi.
If the connection is unsuccessful, try the next tip.
Update Your Reolink App
If your Reolink app is outdated, it can prevent the camera from connecting to Wi-Fi. This is because the outdated app may contain a bug that is affecting its functionality.
Updating your Reolink app might resolve this problem. Reolink’s developers may have discovered the bugs in the old app and posted an update with bug fixes.
The guide below will show you how to update your Reolink app:
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Input “Reolink app” in the search bar.
- Tap on the app in the search results.
- You’ll be directed to the Reolink app download page.
- Click on Update to update the app to its latest version.
Your Reolink Camera should connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve updated the app.
If none of these tips connect your Reolink camera, contact Reolink Support.
You can reach out to Reolink customer service at (833) 424-0499.