If your Vivint thermostat isn’t connecting, the batteries might be low. Your thermostat may also develop connection issues if its connection is faulty.
In this post, we’ll show you how to fix these issues and reconnect your thermostat to the internet. Let’s dive in.
Troubleshooting Vivint Thermostat Connectivity Issues
1. Refresh Your Vivint Control Panel
If your Vivint thermostat isn’t connecting, your control panel may be taking too long to load.
The Vivint thermostat connects to the internet through its control panel. This is why the thermostat won’t connect until the panel finishes loading.
If your Vivint control panel is taking a while to load, refresh the panel to resolve this issue.
Follow the steps below to refresh your Vivint control panel:
- Drag the Armed Stay icon on your control panel to the Disarm button to disarm the device.
- Next, enter your PIN to access the panel. You’ll be taken to the home screen.
- Click on the Menu icon (3 dots) at the bottom of the screen. Next, select General.
- Now, input your pin again.
- You’ll see a list of options under General. Next, select Connectivity and then select Z-wave.
- Next, click on Refresh Z-Wave Network.
- Now, mark the checkbox beside Element to refresh the panel.
Your Vivint thermostat should reconnect to the internet now. But if it doesn’t, move on to the next step.
2. Reboot Your Vivint Control Panel
If your Vivint thermostat doesn’t connect after you’ve refreshed the control panel, the thermostat’s connection to the panel may be faulty. You can fix this problem by rebooting the control panel.
Here’s how to reboot your Vivint control panel:
- Input your PIN to disarm the panel.
- Next, click on the 3-dot icon at the bottom of the screen to go to the Menu page.
- Select Devices.
- Then, input your PIN again.
- Click on Displays and select the control panel you want to reboot.
- Now, tap Reboot. Then tap Yes to confirm that you would like to reboot the panel.
After rebooting your control panel, your thermostat should connect to the panel. However, if the thermostat still can’t connect, continue to the next step.
3. Replace the Batteries in Your Vivint Thermostat
As your thermostat’s batteries get older, they lose their efficiency, and this could reduce the performance of your thermostat. If your Vivint thermostat isn’t connecting, the batteries in the device might be low.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to replace the batteries.
What if you’ve just changed your batteries, but the thermostat isn’t connecting?
If so, you may have inserted the wrong batteries into the device. Your thermostat needs 4 non-rechargeable alkaline AA batteries to function properly.
Once you’ve gotten the correct batteries, you’ll need to insert them into the thermostat.
Take the following steps to insert new batteries into your Vivint thermostat:
- Detach your thermostat from its mounting plate. When unmounting the thermostat, ensure that you pull it gently from the mounting plate.
- Turn the device over to expose the battery compartment.
- Then, take a picture of old batteries in the compartment and note their position. This will help you insert the new ones correctly.
- Next, remove all the old batteries from the compartment. Avoid leaving any old battery in the compartment, even if it still seems to be in good shape.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now, start inserting the new batteries into the compartment. Refer to the picture of the old batteries that you took to help you place the batteries in the correct position.
Your Vivint thermostat should connect to the internet after you’ve changed your batteries.
So that’s how to troubleshoot connection issues in your Vivint thermostat.
To recap, if your Vivint thermostat isn’t connecting, refresh your control panel. But if this fails to work, reboot the panel. Change your batteries to new ones if rebooting your control panel doesn’t reconnect your thermostat to the internet.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps here without success, contact Vivint support for help.