You were about to finish setting up your Wyze thermostat in the Wyze app when the app stalled. Now, you’ve waited several minutes to complete the installation on the app, but your thermostat is still stuck in the setup process. Sounds like you? Then keep reading!
In this post, we’ll walk you through some handy steps to help you resolve this problem. Let’s get started.
Troubleshooting a Wyze Thermostat that’s Stuck on Finishing Setup
Take the following steps to troubleshoot your Wyze thermostat when it remains stuck in the setup process:
1. Delete Your Thermostat from the Wyze App
So the first step to resolving this issue is to remove your thermostat from the Wyze app.
Here’s how to delete your Wyze thermostat from the Wyze app:
- Open the Wyze app on your phone. Then click on your Wyze thermostat on the home screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- Now, select Delete to remove your thermostat.
2. Factory Reset Your Thermostat
The next step is to factory reset your thermostat.
To factory reset your Wyze thermostat, follow these steps:
- Search for the control button on your thermostat. The control button is usually located on the side of the thermostat.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds. Then release the button.
- Your thermostat will go off a few seconds after you release the control button. Wait for the device to turn back on.
- Once your thermostat turns on, the device will start resetting.
Your Wyze thermostat’s home screen will automatically appear on the device after the reset.
3. Enable Bluetooth and Location on Your Phone
After factory resetting your Wyze thermostat, the next step is to enable Bluetooth and Location on your phone. This will allow the thermostat to pair with your phone.
Use the following guide to turn on Bluetooth and Location on your mobile phone:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Click on Connections and Preferences. Then select Bluetooth.
- You’ll see a button under the Bluetooth page. Toggle this button to enable Bluetooth.
- Now, go back to the Settings page. Then tap Location.
- Again, toggle the switch under Location to On.
4. Reboot Your Router
Before you re-add your thermostat to the Wyze app, you should reboot your router to eliminate any connection issues in the device.
To reboot your router, unplug it from your power outlet. Then wait 10 seconds before reinserting the router’s plug into the outlet.
5. Ensure Your Phone is Closer to Your Thermostat and Router
If your Wyze thermostat is too far from your phone, it may disconnect from the mobile device. Likewise, placing your phone far from your router will cause the phone to go offline. As a result, the setup for your thermostat may fail.
To prevent your Wyze thermostat’s installation from failing, ensure your phone is close enough to your thermostat and router.
6. Re-add Your Thermostat to the Wyze App
After taking all the steps above, you can now re-add the Wyze thermostat to the Wyze app. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open your Wyze app.
- Click on Home. Then press the plus (+) button in the upper left corner of the app.
- Click on Begin Preparation.
- You’ll see the instructions on how to install your Wyze thermostat on the app. Since you’ve already installed the thermostat, skip this step.
- The app will start searching for your thermostat. When your Wyze app finds the thermostat, it will automatically connect to the device.
- After the app is paired with your thermostat, it will ask you to click on your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- If you enter the correct Wi-Fi password, the Wyze app will connect to your Wi-Fi network.
The setup should finish successfully this time. If not, contact Wyze Customer Support and report the problem.
- How to Wyze Thermostat Power Issues.
- Tips to Get Your Wyze Thermostat Back Online.
- Tips to Troubleshoot Wyze Thermostat Wi-Fi Connection issues.
If your Wyze thermostat gets stuck on finishing the setup, delete the thermostat from the Wyze app. Next, factory reset the thermostat.
After the factory reset, enable Bluetooth and Location on your phone. You’ll also need to reboot your router.
The next step is to ensure that your phone is close enough to your thermostat and router.
Finally, re-add the thermostat to the Wyze app.
If the setup fails to complete this time, report the issue to Wyze Customer Support.