Wyze Thermostat Not Turning On: How to Fix
If your Wyze Thermostat won’t turn on and you’re not sure how to go about it, keep reading.
In this post, we’ll try to tell you why this is happening and what you can do to fix it. Let’s get started.
If your Wyze Thermostat isn’t turning on, your HVAC system might be faulty. Keep reading to learn how to fix this problem.
Tips to Troubleshoot a Wyze Thermostat that Won’t Turn On
1. Fix Your HVAC System’s Wiring
If your Wyze thermostat is no longer turning on, some wires on your HVAC system may have disconnected from the unit.
To solve this problem, you’ll need to reconnect all the loose wires to the HVAC system.
Follow these steps to fix your HVAC system’s wiring:
- Turn off your HVAC system. To do this, go to your electrical panel and look for the circuit breaker that conducts power to the system.
- Move the circuit breaker to the Off position.
- Next, inspect your Wyze thermostat’s wiring to see whether any wire has loosened from the device. If you find any loose wires, reconnect them to the thermostat.
- Find the control board on your HVAC system and check that all the wires are properly connected to the board. The control board is usually located on the left or right side of the HVAC unit. If you notice that some wires have disconnected from the control board, re-attach them to the board.
- Now, go back to your electrical panel and turn your HVAC system back on.
After fixing the wiring on your HVAC system, you’ll need to conduct a system test on your Wyze thermostat.
Here’s how to test your Wyze thermostat:
- Open the Wyze app on your phone.
- Tap your Wyze thermostat.
- Next, click on the Settings icon at the top of the home screen. This should take you to your Wyze thermostat Settings page.
- Select Advanced.
- Then, select System Test. A system test will start running on the thermostat.
Your Wyze thermostat should turn on after the system test is complete.
If your thermostat doesn’t turn on after the system test, try the next fix.
2. Unclog the Drainage Pipe in Your AC
If your Wyze thermostat isn’t turning on, your drainage pipe may be dirty or clogged.
When your drain pipe is full, the float switch inside the AC turns off the system to prevent water from flooding your home. Because of this issue, your Wyze thermostat may not turn on.
You can fix this issue by unclogging your drain pipe. Your drain pipe should be located outside your home, directly behind the wall where your AC is installed.
Once you’ve found the drain pipe, detach the float switch from the drain pipe. Then, empty the pipe. You can insert a vacuum or plumber’s snake inside the drain pipe to unclog it.
Re-attach your float switch into the drain pipe after you’ve finished emptying the pipe.
Your Wyze thermostat should turn on once the drain pipe is clean.
Is your Wyze thermostat still not turning on? Then, you’ll need to continue to the next step.
3. Contact an HVAC Expert
If your Wyze thermostat fails to turn on after you’ve tried the steps above, get a HVAC expert to check it.
The HVAC expert will conduct a thorough check, diagnose the issue and fix it.
If your Wyze thermostat isn’t turning on, you can resolve this problem by fixing your HVAC system’s wiring. Next, unclog your drain pipe.
But if your Wyze thermostat fails to turn on after this, ask a professional to examine your HVAC system or contact Wyze Customer Support for help.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot offline issues with Wyze thermostat and other connectivity issues during setup.