Aoycocr Smart Plug Setup Guide
If you’re not sure how to set up your Aoycocr Smart Plug, this post is for you.
Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to set up your Smart Plug with the app and connect to Alexa and Google Home.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s get right into it!
Setting Up the Aoycocr Smart Plug
1. Install the Smart Life App on Your Mobile Device
The first step is to get the app installed on your phone. Aoycocr Smart Plug mainly works with the Smart Life app.
Go to Google Play or App Store (depending on your device) and download the app. Type “Smart Life” in the search field to find the app. Once you find the app, tap on it, then follow the instructions on the screen to install it on your device.
2. Create an Account or Sign In
Launch the app and tap Register. Then follow the instructions on the screen to create a Smart Life account.
If you already have a Smart Life account, tap Login/Sign In and enter your existing information to sign in.
3. Get the Smart Plug Ready
Now plug your Aoycocr Smart Plug into a working electrical outlet and make sure it has received power. You should see the LED light blinking rapidly — showing it’s ready to connect.
If the LED light isn’t blinking rapidly, press and hold the power button on the smart plug for a few seconds, until it starts blinking rapidly. Now the plug is in pairing mode, and you have about 30 to 60 seconds to complete the setup, else it will timeout, and the connection will fail.
4. Add the Plug to the Smart Life App
Now return to the Smart Life app and tap the plus (+) icon in the upper right-hand corner. Or tap Add Device.
Next, tap Socket (Wi-Fi). Then select the Aoycocr Smart Plug from the list of plugs you see on the screen.
5. Connect Your Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
Now the app will prompt you to confirm that the indicator light on your Smart Plug is rapidly blinking. Check that your Plug is rapidly blinking, then tap “Confirm Indicator Rapidly Blinks” in the app.
Next, enter your Wi-Fi password. Make sure you’re on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, as the Plug doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi. And ensure that your Wi-Fi password is correct.
If you have entered your correct Wi-Fi password, the app will begin the connection process, and it should be complete in a few seconds. Once it’s connected, the app will display — “Device Successfully Added” on the screen.
To complete the setup, rename your plug and tap Done.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully set up your Aoycocr Smart Plug. You can now set up schedules and control your lights and other devices through the Smart Life app.
Note that the app to use is the Smart Life app. If you experience any difficulty while trying to set up the app, see how to fix setup/connectivity here.
Connecting Your Aoycocr Smart Plug to Google Assistant
The Aoycocr Smart Plug is compatible with Google Home, so you can connect it to Google Home and enjoy hands free control.
- Follow these steps to connect your Aoycocr Smart Plug to Google Home:
- Launch the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Next, tap “Set Up Device.” Then tap “Works with Google.”
- Now tap on the search icon in the upper right-hand corner. Next, type “Smart Life” in the search box and click on Smart Life when you find it.
- You’ll need to login with your Smart Life account credentials (email and password).
- Select “Smart Life”, then tap “Link Now.”
- Next, tap “Authorize” to complete the setup.
That’s it. You can now use your voice to control devices plugged into your Aoycocr smart plug.
Pairing Your Ayococr Smart Plug with Alexa
To connect the Smart Plug to Alexa, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device. Next, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap Skills and Games.
- Next, tap the search icon in the top right-hand corner and type in “Smart Life”. When you find Smart Life in the search results, tap on it.
- Now tap “ENABLE TO USE.” Then sign in with your Smart Life account credentials (email and password).
- Select Smart Life and tap “Link Now.”
- Now tap “Authorize” to complete the setup.
You’ve now successfully paired your Aoycocr Smart Plug with Google Home. That means you can use Google Assistant to control any device plugged into your Aoycocr Smart Plug hands free.
Setting the Aoycocr Smart Plug is a straightforward process.
To ensure that the connection process is hitch free, make sure you’re using the right app — Smart Life app.
Also, make sure you’re on a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi — the Aoycocr Smart Plug doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi band (as of now).