Atomi Smart Plug Troubleshooting
Just what the title says, this post contains troubleshooting tips to help you resolve setup/connection problems with your Atomi Smart Plug. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, then let’s get right into it!
Atomi Smart Plug Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Try the Following Troubleshooting Tips
1. Confirm That Your Plug Is ON
First off, you want to be sure that your plug is on. Of course, the app can’t find the plug if it isn’t on. So check that the outlet where the Plug is plugged in is working.
Unplug your device and plug it back in. The LED indicator should be rapidly blinking to show that the plug is searching for a Wi-Fi network and ready to connect. If it isn’t flashing rapidly, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until it starts blinking.
Next, try to connect it again to see if it works.
Still won’t connect? Try the next troubleshooting step.
2. Check Your Wi-Fi Network Band
As with most smart plugs, the Atomi Smart Plug doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi network band. If you have a dual-band router, go over to the settings to see if it’s set to dual-band or the 5GHz band. If so, switch it to 2.4GHz.
This should fix the Wi-Fi connection problem—assuming you were using the 5GHz band previously.
More so, ensure your Wi-Fi network signal strength is strong. Weak signal strength may cause connectivity issues—as you probably know. Check the network bars on your phone to see if your network signal is low. If so, move your router closer to the device to improve network strength. And if needed, reset your router to fix any bug.
Also, ensure you enter your correct Wi-Fi password.
3. Factory Reset Your Atomi Plug
If everything else fails, then try to reset the plug to see if it fixes the issue. Of course, resetting the device usually helps to fix connectivity issues and the like.
But before you reset the plug, force quit the Atomi Smart app or uninstall and reinstall it, and restart your router.
Now reset your Smart Plug, launch the Atomi app and try the setup process again.
Not sure how to reset your Atomi Smart Plug? Here’s how:
Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds. Release it when you see quick flashes on the plug—this shows the plug is reset.
As mentioned, start the setup process all over again. Hopefully, it should work fine now, as long as you follow the setup procedure correctly.
Atomi Smart Plug Offline: How to Resolve the Issue
If the Atomi app says your plug is offline, chances are your plug hasn’t received power, or it’s not in setup mode. So here’s how to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check that your Plug has received power. Perhaps the wall outlet where the plug is plugged in isn’t turned on or faulty. Check and ensure your plug is on, else the app can’t find it.
- Confirm your Wi-Fi network band; Atomi Smart Plug only works with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band. See more details about this above.
- Check that your internet is stable. If needed, reset your router.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Now try to connect again to see if the offline issue is solved. If not, factory reset your Smart Plug and then start the connection/setup process again.
Not sure how to correctly set up your Atomi Smart Plug with its app? See how to do that below:
How to Set Up Atomi Smart Plug
- Download the Atomi Smart App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store—depending on the device you’re using.
- Open the app. Next, Tap Sign Up and enter your email address to create your account. If you already have an Atomi Smart account, Sign In with your existing credentials.
- Tap the Plus symbol in the top right-hand corner. Next, select Smart Plug. You may have to scroll up to find “Smart Plug”.
- Enter your current Wi-Fi password and tap Continue. Ensure your home Wi-Fi is set to a 2.4GHz network band.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that the indicator light on your plug is blinking rapidly. Check and tap “Confirm indicator rapidly blinks”.
- Now, wait a few seconds for the app to connect to your Smart Plug and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
So that’s all you need to do to set up your Atomi Smart Plug. You can now remotely control all devices plugged into the Atomi Smart Plug from miles away—through the app on your phone.
Atomi Smart Plug also works with Alexa and Google Assistant. You can pair the plug with Alexa and Google Assistant and control devices plugged into the plug hands-free.
You may also read our article about setting up and troubleshooting Wi-Fi connection issues in Enbrighten and LINGANZH Smart Plugs.
So that’s it! The troubleshooting tips above should help fix all connectivity issues you may experience while using your Atomi Smart Plug.
And if the issue persists, contact Atomi Support for help. You may also consider replacing the plug—depending on how long you’ve been using it.