If you’re looking for tips to troubleshoot connectivity issues with your Avatar Smart Socket, this post is your go-to resource. Let’s begin.
First off, here are some reasons your Avatar mini plug is not connecting to Wi-Fi:
- The socket is not in pairing mode.
- Your phone’s Bluetooth is turned off.
- Your router is malfunctioning.
- You are connected to the 5GHz Wi-Fi band.
- You have entered the wrong Wi-Fi password.
- Your Avatar Controls app is outdated
- Your smart socket isn’t working properly.
Now let’s look at what you can do to resolve this issue.
Ensure that the Socket is in Pairing Mode
Your Avatar Mini Smart Socket will only connect to the Avatar app/Wi-Fi if it is in pairing mode. So, if your Avatar Smart Socket isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, check that the device is in pairing mode.
To put the socket in pairing mode, press and hold the power button on the device for 5 seconds. A blue light should start flashing rapidly from the device after this. This means the socket is in pairing mode.
Once the plug is in pairing mode, continue with the setup and see if it connects to Wi-Fi. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
Turn on Your Phone’s Bluetooth
You may also experience connectivity issues with your Avatar Smart Socket if your phone’s Bluetooth is turned off.
If you’re still unable to get your Avatar Smart Socket to pair with the app or to connect to Wi-Fi, check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. This helps the device connect to the app/Wi-Fi quickly.
Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone and try pairing the socket to the app again. If it fails to connect, continue to the next step.
Reboot Your Router
If your Avatar Mini Smart Socket is still not connecting, your router might be the culprit (malfunctioning).
To resolve this problem, you’ll need to reboot your router.
Take the following steps to reboot your router:
- Disconnect your router from your power outlet. Then wait 20-30 seconds.
- Reconnect the router to the outlet. This should reboot your router.
After rebooting your router, your smart socket should connect to the app. If not, try the next tip.
Change Your Wi-Fi Band
The Avatar Mini Smart Socket is incompatible with the 5GHz Wi-Fi band. So, if your router is broadcasting on this Wi-Fi band, your smart socket will not connect.
You can fix this issue by changing your Wi-Fi band to the 2.4GHz band. Find details on how to change your Wi-Fi band in your router’s manual.
Once you’ve changed your Wi-Fi band, connect the smart socket to the Avatar app again.
Does it connect this time? If it doesn’t, check out the next tip.
Ensure that You Entered the Correct Wi-Fi Password
If your smart socket isn’t connecting, you might have input the wrong Wi-Fi password. In that case, you’ll need to check if the password you’ve entered in the app is correct.
Here’s how to do that:
- Tap the Settings app on your phone to open it. Then click on Connections and Preferences.
- Select Wi-Fi. Your phone will display all the Wi-Fi networks it can find around you.
- Search for the Wi-Fi network you’re currently connected to.
- When you find it, tap on the gear icon beside it.
- You’ll see the Show Password option now. Click on this option to see your password.
- Note down this password. Then go back to the Avatar app and enter the correct password in the app.
If the smart socket doesn’t pair successfully with the app after this, go to the next tip.
Upgrade Your Avatar App to the Latest Version
Your smart socket may fail to connect to your Avatar Controls app if the app is outdated. This often occurs because the old app doesn’t support some features in the socket.
Updating the Avatar app should resolve this issue.
Take the following steps to update the app:
- Depending on the type of phone you are using, open the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for the Avatar app by entering “Avatar Controls App” in the search bar.
- Now tap on the app in the search results. You’ll be taken to the download page for the Avatar app.
- Click on the Update button to update the app.
After updating your Avatar Controls app, try connecting your smart socket to the Avatar app again. If it fails to connect, move on to the next step.
Reset the Smart Socket
If your Avatar Mini Smart Socket doesn’t connect after you’ve tried all the tips above, reset the device.
To reset your Avatar mini smart socket, press and hold the power button on the socket for 5-10 seconds. Keep the socket plugged into the outlet while you do this.
The socket will start flashing rapidly, which means the device is reset and ready to connect to Wi-Fi again. Connect the smart socket to the app again. The device should connect successfully now.
If your Avatar Mini Smart Socket isn’t connecting, ensure that the socket is in pairing mode. Then turn on your phone’s Bluetooth.
You can also fix this issue by rebooting your router and changing your Wi-Fi band.
If these tips fail to work, check that you’ve entered the correct Wi-Fi password.
Updating your Avatar Controls app may also resolve the problem.
However, if the smart socket doesn’t connect after you’ve applied all the tips above, factory reset the device and start the setup process again.