In this post, I’ve explained why your Cync Light Bulb isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi and how to troubleshoot the problem. Sounds like what you’re looking for? Then let’s head right into it.
Your Cync light bulb may not connect to Wi-Fi because of the following reasons:
- The bulb is malfunctioning.
- You didn’t set up the bulb correctly in the Cync app.
- The light slot is faulty.
- The bulb is too far from your router
- Your Wi-Fi connection is faulty.
- There is a bug in your Cync app.
For details on how to troubleshoot this problem, keep reading.
How to Fix Cync Light Bulb Wi-Fi Connection Issues
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
Restart the Bulb
If your Cync light bulb is not connecting to Wi-Fi, the bulb might not be working properly. You can fix this issue by restarting the bulb.
To restart your Cync bulb, turn off the control switch. Then wait for a few seconds before turning it back on.
If this doesn’t help, turn off the light bulb again via the control switch. Then remove it from the light slot. Wait 5 minutes and insert it back in.
Now turn on the bulb. If your bulb doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after this, continue to the next step.
Start the Setup Process Again in the Cync App
Your Cync bulb may not connect to Wi-Fi because you didn’t set up the bulb correctly in the Cync app. In that case, you’ll need to start the setup process again.
Take the following steps to set up your Cync bulb correctly:
- If your Cync app is open already, close it.
- Then relaunch the app to restart the setup process.
- Click on the plus (+) icon at the top of the screen. Then select your Cync bulb type.
- Next, click on Get Started. Then turn on the bulb through the control switch.
- The Cync app will detect your bulb, and the bulb will appear on your screen.
- Click on your bulb when it appears in the app.
- After this, the app will display all the Wi-Fi networks it can detect around your home.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Then enter the correct password to the network. You can minimize the app and check your password on your phone’s Settings app if you don’t remember it.
- Now, select the room where the light bulb is located.
- You’ll be given a list of instructions in the app. Follow these instructions to complete the setup.
If your Cync bulb fails to connect to Wi-Fi after this, continue to the next tip.
Connect Your Cync Light Bulb to Another Light Slot
Your Cync light bulb may not connect to Wi-Fi if its current light slot is faulty.
If your Cync Light Bulb won’t connect to Wi-Fi, another fix to try is removing it from its current light slot and inserting it into another slot.
Ensure you screw the bulb in tightly into the light slot. Next, turn it on and try connecting it to your Wi-Fi network. If it works, it means the previous light slot was faulty. But if not, continue to the next step.
Move Your Bulb Closer to Your Router
If your Cync bulb is too far from your router, it might not receive enough Wi-Fi signal strength to connect.
Check whether your Cync bulb is too far from your router and try bringing it closer (especially when you’re setting it up for the first time). The bulb and router should be 30 feet closer for an easy connection.
If you can’t find an empty light slot within 30 feet of your router, consider bringing the router closer to your bulb.
After moving your Cync bulb closer to your router, check if the bulb has connected to Wi-Fi. If not, proceed to the next tip.
Reboot Your Router
A faulty Wi-Fi connection can also prevent your Cync bulb from connecting to Wi-Fi. That said, you’ll need to reboot your router to fix connectivity issues.
To reboot your router, unplug the device from the power outlet. Then wait 20-30 seconds before plugging it back into the outlet.
If rebooting your router doesn’t connect your bulb to Wi-Fi, move on to the next step.
Reduce Your Bandwidth Usage
Your internet bandwidth can only accommodate a limited amount of activities at a particular time. So, if you are downloading several files while setting up the Cync bulb, the bulb won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Cancel your downloads to resolve this issue. Then try connecting your bulb to Wi-FI. You can restart the downloads after your Cync bulb has connected to Wi-Fi.
However, if your bulb doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve canceled all your downloads, go to the next tip.
Delete and Reinstall Your Cync App to Your Phone
A bug in your Cync app may prevent your bulb from connecting to Wi-Fi.
You can eliminate this bug by deleting and reinstalling the Cync app on your phone.
Here’s how to delete and reinstall the app on your phone:
- Search for your Cync app on your phone’s home screen.
- When you find the app, press and hold it until the Uninstall button appears.
- Tap the Uninstall button to remove the app from your phone.
- Next, open your Google Play Store.
- Then input “Cync app” in the search bar.
- Click on the app in the search results that appear. You’ll be directed to the Cync app download page.
- Tap Install to reinstall the app on your phone.
After reinstalling your Cync app, open the app and log in to your Cync account. Then try connecting your bulb to Wi-Fi again. If the bulb fails to connect to Wi-Fi, try the next tip.
Factory Reset Your Cync Bulb
If your Cync light bulb doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve applied all the steps above, factory reset the bulb.
The following guide will show you how to factory reset your Cync bulb:
- Switch off the bulb and wait 5 seconds.
- Then turn the bulb back on. Keep it on for 8 seconds.
- Now, switch off the light again for 2 seconds.
- Repeat these 3 steps five times in the same order to factory reset your Cync bulb.
- At the end of the 5th time, the bulb will blink 3 times. This indicates that the factory reset was successful.
- How to Fix Geeni Light Bulb Wi-Fi Connection Problems.
- Tips to Resolve Sylvania Light Bulb Connectivity Issues.
If your Cync light bulb is not connecting to Wi-Fi, restart the bulb. Then install the bulb correctly. Power cycling the bulb may also fix the issue.
If these tips fail to work, connect the Cync bulb to another light slot. You might also need to move the bulb closer to your router to boost Wi-Fi signals.
Another tip you can try is rebooting your router. If rebooting your router doesn’t work, remove and reconnect your ethernet cable to your router.
Other effective solutions for the issue include reducing your bandwidth usage and reinstalling your Cync app on your phone.
If your Cync app doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve tried all these steps, factory reset the bulb. Then start the setup process again. This should resolve the connection problem.