Does Wyze Thermostat Work Without Wi-Fi?
If you are looking to reduce your data consumption, you might want to know whether any of your essential devices can work without Wi-Fi. Given that your Wyze thermostat is one of such important devices, you should know whether the system works without Wi-Fi.
Does Wyze Thermostat Work Without Wi-Fi?
Yes, the Wyze thermostat works without Wi-Fi. That said, you still need a Wi-Fi connection to set up the device in the Wyze app. Once you’ve added your thermostat to the app, you can turn off your Wi-Fi and continue using the thermostat.
You’ll also need Wi-Fi to change your thermostat’s settings in the Wyze app.
How Does the Wyze Thermostat Work?
The Wyze thermostat offers control buttons that allow you to set the temperature level in your home at a particular time. To maintain this temperature level, the thermostat turns on/off your heating and cooling systems as necessary.
The Wyze thermostat helps users save energy by offering Home/Away modes so that the HVAC system only consumes minimal energy. While the Home mode features a comfortable temperature setting, the Away mode often turns off the heater or AC as necessary.
Although you can manually switch your Wyze thermostat between Home and Away modes, the device can also change the modes automatically. If your Wyze thermostat is set to Away mode, the device uses your phone’s Bluetooth to determine when you are near your home. Then, it adjusts the mode accordingly, thus resetting the temperature in your room to a comfortable level.
Likewise, your Wyze thermostat automatically switches the temperature from Home to Away if you forget to do so before leaving your house.
Do Heat Pumps Work with the Wyze Thermostat?
Yes, heat pumps work with the Wyze thermostat. This thermostat also supports other HVAC systems like hydronic systems, low-voltage systems, forced air systems, and oil, electric, and gas-powered HVAC units.
Does Wyze Thermostat Work with Baseboard Heaters?
No, the Wyze thermostat doesn’t work with baseboard heaters. This is because baseboard heaters are high-voltage systems, often needing about 120–240 volts to function properly. In contrast, the Wyze thermostat only supports low voltage systems, such as 24-volt HVAC units.
Why Does My Wyze Thermostat Keep Going Offline?
Your Wyze thermostat keeps going offline because your Wi-Fi connection is faulty or your Wyze app is outdated. Certain errors in your Wyze firmware may also prevent the thermostat from staying online.
See how to troubleshoot offline issues in a Wyze thermostat.
Where Does the Orange Wire Go on a Wyze Thermostat?
If your HVAC unit is a heat pump system, insert the orange wire into the terminal labeled O/B on the Wyze thermostat. But if your HVAC system is a conventional system, connect the orange wire to the W terminal.
To determine if your HVAC unit is a heat pump or conventional system, check if turning your heating system will automatically switch on your AC. If your air conditioner turns on as soon as you switch on your heating system, your HVAC unit is a heat pump system. However, if your AC doesn’t come on when your heating system is powered up, you are probably using a conventional system.
How Do I Reset My Wyze Thermostat?
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Wyze thermostat:
- Press and hold the control button on the Wyze thermostat for 10 seconds. You can find this button on the side of the thermostat.
- Your thermostat will turn off after a few seconds. Then, it will power up again.
- Your Wyze thermostat will now begin the reset process.
How Do I Change the Wi-Fi on My Wyze Thermostat?
Here’s how to change the Wi-Fi network on your Wyze thermostat:
- Remove the thermostat from your Wyze app.
- Press and hold the control button on the thermostat for 10 seconds to factory reset the device.
- Now, re-add the thermostat to the Wyze app. When reconnecting your Wyze thermostat to the app, the system will ask you to enter a Wi-Fi network and password. Input the details of the new Wi-Fi network to connect your thermostat to the network.
How Do I Reconnect My Wyze Thermostat?
If your Wyze thermostat is disconnected, you can reconnect it to Wi-Fi by rebooting the thermostat or updating your Wyze app. Power-cycling your router or factory resetting the Wyze thermostat may also re-connect the device to Wi-Fi.
See more details on how to troubleshoot connectivity issues in a Wyze thermostat.
How Do I Connect My Wyze Thermostat to Wi-Fi?
You’ll connect your Wyze thermostat to Wi-Fi when setting up the device in the Wyze app.
Here’s how to do that:
- Switch on your phone’s Bluetooth.
- Open the Wyze app.
- Next, click on Add Device.
- Select Home. Then, select Wyze Thermostat.
- Tap Begin Preparation.
- A set of instructions will appear. Follow these guidelines to set up the Wyze thermostat in the Wyze app.
- Your Wyze app will start looking for your thermostat. When it finds the thermostat, it will pair with the device.
- Then, your Wyze app will ask you to input your Wi-Fi name and password. Your Wyze thermostat will connect to your Wi-Fi network if you enter the correct name and password.