Resetting your Owlet Cam is usually a go-to fix if you’re experiencing some issues with the device.
More so, if you’ve acquired a previously owned Owlet Cam, you want to reset it and set it up afresh.
That said, this post contains the steps to follow to reset your Owlet Cam in seconds. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s head right into it!
Resetting Your Owlet Camera
Here’s how to factory reset your Owlet Cam:
- Check the back of your Cam to find the reset button.
- Press and hold the button (for about 16 seconds) until the LED indicator light turns off, followed by an audio response; “Resetting, please wait.”
- Now release the reset button.
- You should see the LED indicator alternating between red and blue lights. This shows the Cam is reset and is now in pairing mode.
If your Owlet Cam doesn’t reset after applying the steps above, repeat the steps. But this time, hold the reset button for about 60 seconds.
If it still doesn’t work, power cycle the Cam (unplug it from its power source. Then wait 30 seconds and plug it back in). Next, try to reset it again following the guidelines above.
If you’ve reset your Owlet Cam to fix pairing issues but the problem persists, keep reading to see other ways to resolve this.
Troubleshooting Owlet Cam Pairing Issues
You might run into some problems when setting up your Owlet Cam for the first time. Here are some tips to help you overcome setup issues:
Check that Your Phone is Not in Dark Mode
The camera may struggle to scan the QR Code if you’re using dark mode on your phone.
If your phone is currently in dark mode, you’ll need to switch it to light mode and retry the setup. Don’t worry, you can return your phone to dark mode after the pairing is complete.
If this checks out, and the problem persists, go to the next step.
Put the Cam in Pairing Mode
To set up your Owlet Cam, you’ll need to put the device in pairing mode—indicated by alternating red and blue lights.
If the LED indicator on your camera isn’t alternating red and blue lights, the device is not in pairing mode. So you’ll need to put it in pairing mode and start the setup process again.
Here is how to put your Owlet Cam in pairing mode:
- Long press the button on the back of your Cam (you’ll find the button below the perforated vent).
- Keep holding the button (for about 3 seconds) until the LED indicator on your Cam starts alternating red and blue.
- Next, you’ll hear an audio confirmation; “Ready to pair.” Once you hear this, release the button.
- Your Owlet Cam is now in pairing.
You can now resume the setup to get your Cam to connect to the app and Wi-Fi.
Update Your Cam’s Firmware and the Owlet App
If your Owlet Cam’s firmware is not up-to-date, you might experience some problems when trying to set up the device in the app.
Check your Owlet app to see if your camera needs a firmware update and get it updated.
Usually, if there’s a new firmware for your Cam, you’ll see an orange tab; “Cam update available” on the app’s Cam view page. Click on the notification and follow the instructions to update the firmware.
Also, check your app store to see if the Owlet app needs to be updated and get that done.
Other troubleshooting tips to help you resolve pairing issues with your Owlet Cam include power cycling your router and switching your Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz.
If you need more tips to resolve this problem, see how to troubleshoot Owlet Cam’s connectivity issues. For offline/frequent disconnections, see how to get your Owlet Cam to stay connected to Wi-Fi.