Selling your home security camera to a new owner does not have to be cumbersome. With Blink, you can remove your account information from the app linked to your camera, thus preventing the new user from accessing the data.
Once you’ve deleted your information from the Blink app, the new owner will be able to add a new profile to the app. You can then connect it to the Blink camera and start building their system from scratch.
Now, let’s explain this process in detail.
How Do I Transfer My Blink Camera to a New Owner?
There are two ways to transfer a Blink camera to a new owner. You can either:
- Delete all your account information from the linked Blink app.
- Change the email address on the Blink app.
Here are the steps to follow for each method:
Method One: Deleting Your Account Information from the Blink App Linked to Your Camera
- Input your email and password into the Blink app to log into your Blink account.
- Click on the Setting icon and select System Settings.
- Choose the system you want to delete.
- Now, click on Delete System. You’ll be asked to confirm whether you want to proceed with the action. Select Delete to continue.
- The app will now direct you back to the Settings screen. You won’t be able to access the system anymore on the app.
- If you’d also like to delete the account completely, you can click on the Settings icon again.
- On the settings submenu, select Manage Account.
- Scroll down to find the Delete Account tab. Then, click on the tab.
- The system will ask you whether you are certain that you want to delete the information in your account. If you click on Yes, this will erase the data permanently.
- After you’ve deleted your account, the new owner can easily add their profile to the camera.
Method Two: Changing the Email Address on the Blink App
- Open your Blink app and tap on the Account icon from your home screen.
- The current email address for your Blink camera will appear. Select the email address and input your password.
- After entering the correct password, the system will show you a Change Email screen.
- Input your new email address on the screen and click on Change Email.
- You will now get a verification message on the new email address. Ensure the new owner gives you temporary access to their email address to enable you to verify the message. More so, note that Blink will not accept the new email address if someone has previously used it on a Blink account.
- You’ll find a PIN in the verification email. Enter it in the app to verify the email address.
- Now, input a new phone number on the screen to link it to the account. Blink will send you another PIN to verify the number.
- If you have linked the account to any Amazon devices like Alexa, log in to them so that your new buyer can enjoy this feature in their new camera.
How Do I Unregister a Blink Camera from Another Account?
You may want to transfer one of your Blink cameras when all your Blink devices are linked to the same account. To do this, you must delete it from your Blink account. Otherwise, the new owner won’t be able to add the camera to their account.
Follow these steps to remove a camera from your Blink account:
- When you log in to your account, you’ll find a list of all the devices linked to the account.
- Scroll to the tab for the Blink camera you want to remove. Then click on the Settings icon beside the camera’s name.
- Next, scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and tap on Delete Camera. Then, click on Yes to confirm your action.
- You have now removed the camera from your account, and the new owner can add the camera to their Blink account.
What If My Blink Camera is already Registered to Another Account?
You might be unable to add a Blink camera to your new account because it is already registered to your other Blink account. In some cases, it may still be attached to the account of the Blink camera’s previous owner.
If your Blink camera is already registered to another account that you are using, you have to delete the camera from the old account first. However, if the person who sold the camera to you hasn’t deleted the device from their Blink account, you have to contact them.
Note that Blink will not resolve the issue if you can’t reach the previous owner.
How Do I Share My Blink Camera with My Family?
You may want your family members to receive alerts from your camera when you are away from home. Blink lets you share your Blink camera with your family to make your user experience enjoyable.
Please note that only an admin can share access to the account with others. Also, you can only invite someone into your Blink camera account with your desktop or laptop Blink app.
You can share your Blink camera with your family using any of these two ways:
- Adding your family to your Blink camera using the admin portal.
- Inviting your family to your Blink Camera via the Invite button.
See details about each method below:
Method One: Adding Your Family to Your Blink Camera Using the Admin Portal
Take the following steps to add your family member to your Blink camera using the admin portal:
- Download the Blink desktop app.
- Tap on the Admin tab in the side menu.
- Next, choose Users.
- Tap on Invite Users.
- Blink will now display a screen where you can add the new user’s email address and phone number. Enter the necessary details to continue.
- If you’d like to fill in other details like the person’s profile photo and name, scroll down to Recommended Details.
- Although Recommended Details is ideally made for organizations, you can add your relative’s details as applicable. For instance, you can put the person’s name in the box for Employee ID.
- If you’ve added all the information you want, tap on Send Invitation.
- The added family member will now be able to access your Blink account.
Method Two: Inviting Your Family to Your Blink Camera Via the Invite Button
Here are the steps to follow when inviting your family to your Blink camera using the invite button:
- Open your Blink desktop app and tap on Invite on the left navigation bar.
- The system will direct you to the Invite User page, which contains empty boxes for the user’s email address and phone number.
- Enter the required details in the empty space. If you want to add more information about this user, scroll down to Recommended Details and Added Details.
- Click on Send Invitation once you have added all the details you want. But if you want another family member immediately after sending the first invitation, tap on Invite and send another.
- Your family member will now be able to receive notifications from your Blink camera.