Is Wyze Thermostat Compatible with Alexa?
Looking to get a Wyze Thermostat and are wondering if it works with Amazon Alexa? If so, you want to keep reading as this post contains everything you want to know about the Wyze thermostat. Let’s get started!
The Wyze thermostat is compatible with Alexa, meaning you can connect the thermostat to Alexa and control it with your voice.
Now that you know the Wyze thermostat works with Alexa, you want to know how to set it up with Alexa. So let’s look at how to connect your Wyze thermostat to Alexa for hands-free control.
How to Connect Wyze Thermostat to Alexa?
Here are the steps to follow to connect your Wyze thermostat to Alexa:
- Ensure you have the Alexa app installed on your phone and you’re signed in.
- Ensure you have the Wyze app installed on your phone. If not, go to Google Play Store or App Store to download it (depending on your phone). Create an account or log in with your existing credentials.
- On the Wyze app Home screen, tap “Account settings”. Next, tap “Works With” and follow the onscreen instructions to link Alexa to your Wyze account.
- If you already have the Alexa app set up and working properly, you can connect your Wyze account to Alexa by simply asking Alexa to enable Wyze skill — “Alexa, Enable Wyze skill.” Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process—note that you’ll have to enter your Wyze username and password to authorize the connection.
- Now that you’ve linked your Wyze account to Alexa, you’ll need to get Alexa to discover your Wyze thermostat. You can do this by asking Alexa to discover your devices (“Alexa, discover my devices”).
- You can also get Alexa to discover your Wyze thermostat by opening the Alexa app, then tap “Devices” and tap “Add Device”. Next, search for “Wyze thermostat” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
And that’s all you need to do to connect your Wyze thermostat to Alexa. You can now set and adjust the temperature on your Wyze thermostat with Alexa via voice commands.
Note: If you already have your Wyze account linked to Alexa, you don’t need to go through linking it to Alexa again. All you’ll need to do is ask Alexa to discover your devices, which will include the Wyze thermostat. Or use the manual method via the Alexa app to add your Wyze thermostat.
Wyze Thermostat Not Working with Alexa?
If you’ve connected your Wyze thermostat to Alexa but are having issues controlling it through Alexa, here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
- Disable your Wyze thermostat in the Alexa app and enable it again. To do this, tap the menu icon in the Alexa app, then select “Smart Home”. Next, tap “Devices” and then tap on the Wyze thermostat and disable it. You’ll also find the enable option there, so enable it again. If this doesn’t help, see the next steps.
- Check your router and ensure your internet is working. If needed, restart the router and ensure it’s not positioned too far from your Echo device and Wyze thermostat.
- Restart the thermostat.
- Check the and update Wyze and Alexa app. Also, check and ensure you have the current firmware for your device.
- If the problem persists, go here to see how to fix connectivity issues with a Wyze thermostat. You may also consider contacting Wyze Customer Support for help.
What Else Does the Wyze thermostat work with?
Wyze thermostat is also compatible with Google Home. Once set up, you can ask Google to turn on/off heat or cool and more. See how to set up the Wyze thermostat with Google Home.
The Wyze thermostat is compatible with Alexa. But as with most Wyze devices, the Wyze thermostat doesn’t have Alexa built-in (no internal speaker). So you’ll have to use your Alexa-supported device to control the thermostat.
Also, keep in mind that you have to pair the thermostat with Alexa before you can control it with your voice—follow our guidelines above if you’re not sure how to do this.
You may also like to see how to set up Wyze smart plug with Alexa.