Though Jinvoo Smart Plugs work fine, you may experience some issues with the plugs at one point. So in this post, I’m going to walk you through some steps to troubleshoot common problems with a Jinvoo Smart Plug. Let’s get started!
Why is my Jinvoo Smart Plug not working?
If your Jinvoo Smart Plug isn’t working, chances are the device hasn’t received power or a minor malfunction that could be fixed by performing a factory reset.
So if your Jinvoo Smart Plug isn’t working, here’s what to do:
1. Ensure it’s Plugged into a Working Outlet
As you probably know, the plug won’t work without power. So check to see if it’s plugged into a working outlet.
More so, confirm that the plug is actually on. Though it sometimes powers on automatically, you may need to press the Power button to turn it on if it doesn’t turn on automatically.
If it has received power, you’ll see a blue light on the Power button. And to connect it to the Jinvoo App or Smart Life App, you’ll have to press and hold the Power button until the blue light starts blinking rapidly.
See the next troubleshooting step if the problem persists.
2. Attempt a Factory Reset
Incorrect settings or other bugs could cause some malfunctions. And performing a factory reset, for the most part, helps to resolve several issues you’re having with your smart plug.
If you’re not sure how to reset your Jinvoo Smart Plug, here’s how:
How to Reset Jinvoo Smart Plug
To reset your Jinvoo Smart Plug, press and hold the Power button (for about 10 to 15 seconds) until the LED indicator blinks rapidly and then slowly. This should reset your smart plug.
Note: This reset will erase all previous custom settings. So ensure you set up your plug—just as you did when you purchased it.
Jinvoo Smart Plug Offline or Not Responding: How to Troubleshoot
Another problem you may have with your Jinvoo Smart Plug is difficulties connecting it to an app for remote access. The app keeps saying your device is not responding or offline.
If that sounds like you, the first thing you need to do is check whether the device is plugged in and powered on. As mentioned, your device can’t connect to Wi-Fi or the app if it’s not on. So check that before trying other troubleshooting tips.
That said, assuming your device is currently plugged into a working outlet and has received power but still offline in the app/not responding, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure You’re Using the Right App
In my experience, the Jinvoo Smart app malfunctions most times. So if you’ve been trying to connect to the Jinvoo Smart app without success, switch to the Smart Life App. Smart Life app is compatible with Jinvoo Smart Plug and the connection process is straightforward.
2. Update the App
An outdated app may also cause connectivity issues, so check if there are new updates and update the app. Also, check and update the firmware.
3. Reset Your Smart Plug and Router
If the problem persists, reset your smart plug (see how to do that above) and router. As you probably know, performing a factory reset usually helps to fix glitches causing several problems.
4. Switch to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network Band
Jinvoo Smart Plug only works with a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band. So check your phone’s Wi-Fi settings and ensure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Depending on the router you’re using, you can switch the network band through the router settings—check your User Manual for a detailed guide on how to do that.
Now try to connect your device to the app again. If you’re not sure of how to properly set up your Jinvoo Smart Plug with the app, see how to do that below.
How to Connect Jinvoo Smart Plug to Smart Life App
- Depending on the phone you’re using, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install the Smart Life App.
- Plug your Jinvoo Smart Plug into a working outlet. You’ll see a blue light on the Power button indicating the device has received power. If you don’t see any light, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Open the Smart Life App on your phone and create an account. If you already have a Smart Life account, log in with your existing credentials.
- Press and hold the Power button on the plug (for about 5 seconds) until it starts flashing blue rapidly.
- Now return to the Smart Life App and tap the Plus (+) sign on the upper right-hand corner of the screen. The app will ask you to confirm that the indicator light on the plug is flashing rapidly. Tap “Confirm indicator rapidly blinks”.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Confirm. Ensure your password is correct and your Wi-Fi is running a 2.4GHz network band.
- The app will connect to your smart plug in a few seconds. Once the connection is complete, you’ll see a note on the screen — “Device Successfully Added”. Now rename your device and tap Done to complete the process.
And that’s all about setting up your Jinvoo Smart Plug with the Smart Life App. You can now control all devices plugged into the socket via the Smart Life App.
Jinvoo Smart app no longer available?
Jinvoo Smart Plug is compatible with Smart Life App. So if you can’t find the Jinvoo Smart App, install the Smart Life App and set up your device.
Does Jinvoo Smart Plugs work with Alexa and Google Assistant?
Yes. The plug works with both Alexa and Google Assistant. Once successfully paired, you can control your devices plugged into the Jinvoo Smart Plug via voice commands.
As mentioned, factory resetting your Jinvoo Smart Plug will resolve most issues you’re having with it, including Wi-Fi connection and offline issues. So if other troubleshooting tips couldn’t fix your plug, reset it to see if it functions correctly.
And if the issue persists after performing a factory reset, contact Jinvoo Customer Support for help.