Lorex Camera Not Connecting? (How to Troubleshoot)
Are you having trouble getting your Lorex camera to connect to your home Wi-Fi? If so, we have put together some handy tips in this post to help you fix the problem.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s head right into it.
How to Troubleshoot Lorex Camera Connectivity Issues?
So here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this issue:
1. Check that the Camera is Firmly Plugged into a Power Outlet
Your Lorex camera needs a stable supply of power to connect. So, if the device isn’t connecting, your camera’s plug may have loosened from the power outlet.
To fix this problem, you’ll check whether the camera’s power cord is still firmly plugged into a power outlet. If not, insert the plug properly into the outlet.
More so, confirm if the outlet is working properly. If not, switch to another outlet and ensure the camera receives power.
2. Power Cycle Your Wi-Fi Router
If you’ve confirmed that the camera is powered on and it still fails to connect to Wi-Fi, try power cycling your router to fix some connectivity glitches.
Here’s how to power cycle your router:
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now, plug the router back in.
Next, remove all the wires connected to your router. Then wait for a few minutes and insert the wires back into their respective ports on the router.
Your camera should connect to your Wi-Fi network now. If not, continue to the next step.
3. Change Your Wi-Fi Band
If your router is operating on the 5GHz Wi-Fi band, you’ll need to change it to the 2.4GHz band, as Lorex cameras don’t work with the 5GHz band.
So, check your router and ensure it’s operating on the supported frequency. If you’re not sure how to do this, refer to your router’s user manual or try googling the model to find the instructions.
4. Charge Your Camera
If you have a battery operated Lorex camera, you may experience some connectivity issues when the battery is running low.
You can fix this issue by charging the camera.
Take the following steps to charge your Lorex camera’s battery:
- Remove the camera from the wall or where it’s installed.
- Get the charger that came with your Lorex camera.
- Next, open the power port on the camera and insert the charger cable into the port.
- Plug the adapter in the charger into a power outlet.
- Your Lorex camera should be fully charged in 2 hours. After 2 hours of charging, unplug the charger from the wall outlet and the camera’s charging port.
- Now, get the camera onto its wall stand and re-connect it to the Lorex app.
5. Delete and Re-download the Lorex App to Your Phone
If your Lorex camera isn’t connecting to your Lorex app, the app might be outdated/contain some errors causing connectivity issues. To fix this, delete and re-install the Lorex app on your phone. This way, you’ll get the current version of the app.
If you’re not sure how to delete and reinstall the app, follow the steps below:
- On your phone’s home screen, tap and hold the Lorex app until the Uninstall button appears.
- Click on the Uninstall button to delete the app from your phone.
- Next, go to Google Play Store or App Store (depending on your phone).
- Enter ‘Lorex app’ in the search bar. Then click on the Lorex app in the search results. This will take you to the Lorex app download page.
- Tap the Download button to re-download the app.
After re-downloading the Lorex app, log in to your Lorex account and reconnect the camera to the app.
6. Factory Reset Your Camera
If your Lorex camera still fails to connect to the app, you may need to factory reset the camera. Factory resetting your Lorex camera will delete all saved configurations on your phone that may prevent the device from connecting to the app. This should make the camera connect easily.
Follow these steps to restore the factory settings on your Lorex camera:
- Search for your camera’s factory reset button on the back panel and base of the device. The factory reset button has the letter R labeled on it.
- When you find the factory reset button, press and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Then release it and wait for the reset process to complete.
After factory resetting the camera, try reconnecting it to the Lorex app. You’ll need to set it up again—just as you did when you first installed it.
Follow these steps to set up your Lorex camera:
- Tap the Lorex Home app on your phone to open it.
- Next, click on the Settings tab and select Wireless.
- Now, tap Network.
- Next, follow the instructions in the app to complete the setup.
While setting up the camera in the app, you’ll need to select a Wi-Fi network and choose a password. Ensure you input the correct Wi-Fi password to prevent the setup process from failing.
If your Lorex camera doesn’t connect after this fix, report the problem to Lorex Support or replace the camera.
If your camera has physical damages such as broken parts, it may cause some malfunctions—and this usually requires a replacement.
If your Lorex camera isn’t connecting, inspect the device for physical damages to determine if it is broken. If the camera seems fine, check that the device is firmly plugged into a power outlet. Then re-add the camera to your Lorex app. Next, charge the camera and decrease the activity on your network.
If the Lorex camera still doesn’t connect, remove and reconnect all the cables on your router. Now, delete and re-download the Lorex app on your phone. But if the camera is still refusing to connect, power-cycle the router and factory reset the camera.
If your Lorex Camera still fails to connect to the Lorex app after you’ve tried all the solutions in this article, reach out to Lorex Support for help.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot Wyze Camera and SimpliSafe Camera.