MoKo Wi-Fi Smart Plug Setup Instructions
Got a new MoKo Wi-Fi Smart Plug but not sure how to configure it for remote access? If so, keep reading as I’ll walk you through the steps to set up your MoKo Plug with the Smart Life app. Yes, the plug is compatible with the Smart Life app and you can also link it with Alexa and Google Home via the Smart Life app.
That’s not all, this post also covers troubleshooting tips to help you fix any problem you may encounter while setting your plug. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, then let’s head right into it!
How to Set Up MoKo Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Follow the steps below to set up your MoKo Smart Plug with the Smart Life app.
- Download the Smart Life app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Simply type “Smart Life” in the search box to find it.
- Open the app and tap “Sign Up” to create your Smart Life account. If you already have an existing Smart Life account, tap “Log In” and enter your existing credentials (email and password) to sign in.
- Tap the Plus icon in the upper right-hand corner and then tap “Socket (Wi-Fi)”. Now the app will ask you to confirm that the indicator light on your plug is blinking rapidly.
- Plug in your MoKo Smart Plug into a working outlet. If it doesn’t turn on automatically, press the Power button to turn it on. Next, press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the indicator light blinks rapidly.
- Return to the app and tap “Confirm indicator light rapidly blinks”. Next, enter your Wi-Fi password (double-check to ensure the password is correct). Also, ensure your Wi-Fi network is on the 2.4GHz band; the plug doesn’t support the 5GHz band.
- The app will connect to your Plug after a few seconds and display a message on your screen that your device has been added successfully. Rename the plug and tap “Done” to complete the setup.
So that’s it. The configuration is now complete and you can turn on/off devices plugged into your MoKo Smart Plug remotely through the app on your mobile device.
For hands-free control, you can set up your MoKo Smart Plug with Google Home or Alexa. Yes, the plug is compatible with Alexa and Google Home and you can simply link your Smart Life account with Alexa or Google Home to enjoy hands-free control.
If you’re not sure how to set up the plug with Alexa or Google Home, follow the setup steps in this post.
MoKo Smart Plug Troubleshooting
Now let’s look at some problems you may encounter while setting up your plug.
MoKo Smart Plug Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
- Check whether your Wi-Fi network is on a 5GHz bandwidth. If so, switch it to the 2.4GHz band. You can do this via your router’s Wi-Fi settings—refer to your user manual for instructions.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi password is correct, as this also causes connectivity issues. If needed, reset your router and set a new password.
- Check that your Wi-Fi signal strength is strong. You may move your router closer to the plug to improve signal strength or get a Wi-Fi extender.
- Your plug may not connect to your home Wi-Fi network if too many devices are connected to it. So check if you have too many devices connected at the same time and disconnect some.
- Force quit the app and then launch it again.
- Perform a factory reset on your plug and then start the connection process again. To reset your MoKo Plug, press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the indicator light blinks rapidly.
This should fix the Wi-Fi connection issues with your MoKo Smart Plug.
As you can see, setting up your MoKo Plug with the Smart Life app is a seamless process, so long as you follow the steps correctly.
And if you encounter any issue during the setup process, the above troubleshooting steps should help you resolve the problem.
You may also like to see how to set up Enbrighten and Laneco Smart Plugs.