Laneco Smart Plug works like every other functional smart plug; it allows you to control your lights and other compatible devices from miles away via the app on your mobile device. But you have to set up the plug first to enjoy all the functions it offers.
So if you’ve just purchased a Laneco Smart Plug and are looking for setup instructions, this post is your go-to resource.
The post also covers how to troubleshoot common Wi-Fi connection issues you may encounter while setting up the plug. Let’s head right into it!
How to Set Up Laneco Smart Plug
Follow the steps below to set up your Laneco Smart Plug with the Tuya Smart app:
- Download the Tuya Smart app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store—depending on the mobile device you’re using.
- Open the app and click on “Sign Up” to create a Tuya Smart account, or tap “Log In” to sign in if you already have a Tuya Smart account. If you’re signing up, follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.
- Plug in your Laneco Smart Plug into a working socket. If it has received power, the LED indicator will blink rapidly, showing the plug is in pairing mode. If it isn’t blinking, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the LED indicator blinks rapidly.
- Return to the app and tap the Plus icon (+) in the top right corner and then select “Socket (Wi-Fi)”. The app will ask you to confirm that your plug is blinking rapidly. Confirm that your plug is blinking and tap “Confirm indicator rapidly blinks”.
- Now, enter your Wi-Fi password. Ensure your home Wi-Fi is on a 2.4GHz network band—5GHz is not supported. For seamless pairing, it’s recommended that you turn on Bluetooth and Location on your mobile device.
- After entering your correct Wi-Fi password, wait a few seconds for the connection to complete. You’ll see a message on your screen that the device has been successfully added. Rename your device and tap “Done”.
The setup is complete and you can now control devices plugged into your Laneco Smart Plug through the Tuya Smart app on your mobile device.
What’s more, you can control your Laneco Smart Plug hands free via Alexa and Google Home. See how to set up the plug with Google Home and Alexa in the next paragraphs.
How to Set Up Laneco Smart Plug with Alexa
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and click the Menu icon in the top left-hand corner. Next, select “Skills and Games”.
- Tap the Search icon in the upper right-hand corner and type in “Tuya Smart”. Next, tap “Tuya Smart” from the search results.
- Tap “ENABLE TO USE’. Next, sign in with your Tuya Smart account information.
- Select “Tuya Smart” and tap “Link Now”.
- Now tap “Authorize”. A message will appear on your screen that “Tuya Smart has been successfully linked”.
That’s all you need to do to set up your Laneco Smart Plug with Alexa; you can now ask Alexa to turn on/off lights and other compatible devices plugged into your Laneco Plug.
How to Set Up Laneco Smart Plug with Google Home
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device and tap the Plus (+) sign in the upper left-hand corner. Next, click on “Set up device” and select “Works with Google”.
- You’ll need to search for the Tuya Smart app. So tap the Search icon in the top right-hand corner and type in “Tuya Smart”. Next, tap “Tuya Smart”.
- The app will open a new screen for you to sign in with your Tuya Smart account credentials. Sign in and select “Tuya Smart” and then tap “Link Now”.
- Tap “Authorize” to complete the setup.
So that’s it. Your Tuya Smart account is now linked with Google Home and you can control any device plugged into your Laneco Smart Plug hands-free via Google Home.
Laneco Smart Plug Troubleshooting
In this section, we look at common problems you may encounter while setting up your Laneco Plug and how to troubleshoot.
Laneco Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-F: How to Troubleshoot
If you’re having trouble connecting your Laneco Smart Plug to your home Wi-Fi, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Unplug the plug from the wall outlet and plug it back in. Wait a few seconds to see if the LED indicator blinks rapidly. If not, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the indicator light blinks rapidly.
- Check that your Wi-Fi network is on a 2.4GHz network band. The plug doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi network band, so check and switch it to the 2.5GHz band. You can do this on your router’s Wi-Fi settings; refer to your user manual for instructions if you’re not sure how to do it.
- Enable Bluetooth and Location on your mobile device; this helps the app to find and connect to your plug faster.
- Check that your Wi-Fi password is correct, as this can also cause connectivity issues.
- Weak Wi-Fi signal strength also causes connectivity issues, so try to move your router closer to the Plug to improve your Wi-Fi signal strength.
- Check that too many devices are not connected to your router at the same time. If you have too many devices connected, disconnect some devices and try to connect your Smart Plug again.
- Ensure you’re using the right app. Laneco Smart Plug works with the Tuya Smart app and the Smart Life App.
So that’s it! This should fix the Wi-Fi connection issues with your Laneco Smart Plug.
Ensure your plug is always in pairing mode (blinking rapidly) during the connection process. If not, reset it to put it in pairing mode.
To reset your Laneco Smart Plug, press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds. Release it when the LED blinks rapidly. This shows your plug is reset and now ready to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
So that’s how to set up your Laneco Smart Plug with the Tuya app, Alexa, and Google Home.
If you encounter any issue during the setup—such as “device offline”, “unreachable”, or not connecting to Wi-Fi, follow the troubleshooting tips above to fix any problem.