If you’re not sure how to program your Revolo keypad door lock, this post is for you.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to change the Master Code on your Revolo smart Lock (RE001), add/delete User Codes, reset the lock and more.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s dive in!
How to Change the Default/Existing Master Code
Your Revolo keypad lock comes with a Master Code that allows you to change the lock settings. For example, if you want to add or remove a User Code, you’ll have to enter the Master Code to gain access.
The Master Code can also be used to unlock the door from outside.
The default Master Code for your Revolo smart lock is 12345678. You’ll need to change it for security reasons. Also, if you’ve previously changed the code, you can still change it if you want.
Here is how to change the default/existing Master Code in your Revolo electronic keypad lock:
- Press the REVOLO button on the keypad twice.
- Enter the default/existing Master Code. Next, press the REVOLO button and wait for a long green light.
- Press key 1 on the keypad and wait for a long green flash.
- Enter your new Master Code (4-10 digits) and press the REVOLO button. Wait for a long green flash.
- Re-enter the new Master Code and press the REVOLO button. The lock will flash green, indicating the programming is successful.
How to Add a User Code
As you probably know, a User Code for this lock is a 4-10 digit code that allows you to unlock your door via the keypad.
You can program up to 20 User Code and remove them anytime you want.
Follow these steps to add a User Code on your Revolo keypad lock:
- Press the REVOLO button twice. Then enter your Master Code.
- Press the REVOLO button and wait for a long green flash. Then press key 2 on the keypad and wait for the long green flash again.
- Enter your new User Code (4-10 digits) and press the REVOLO button. Next, wait for a green flash.
- Enter the new User Code again and press the REVOLO button. The lock will flash green, indicating the new User Code has been added successfully.
If you want to add more User Codes, repeat the steps.
How to Delete a User Code
As mentioned earlier, you can add and delete User Codes on this lock easily. If you want to remove a User Code from the lock, follow these steps:
- Press the REVOLO button twice. Next, enter your current Master Code and press the REVOLO button once.
- Wait for the usual long green light. Now, press key 3 and wait for another long green flash.
- Enter the User Code to be deleted and press the REVOLO button. The lock will flash green, showing the User Code has been deleted.
- Confirm if the User Code has been deleted by trying to unlock the door with the code. If it doesn’t work, then the code is removed.
How to Enable and Disable Auto Lock
With the Auto Lock feature enabled, your Revolo keypad lock will automatically lock after 30 seconds when the door closes.
Here are the steps to follow to enable auto lock:
- Press the REVOLO button twice and enter your Master Code.
- Press the REVOLO button and wait for a long green light.
- Press key 5 and wait for a long green flash.
- Press key 1 and press the REVOLO button. The lock will flash green, showing auto lock is enabled.
To cancel auto lock, press the REVOLO button and enter your Master Code. Then press the REVOLO button, press key 5 and press key 2, then the REVOLO button. This will cancel the auto lock function.
Enabling/Disabling Vacation Mode
Vacation Mode (when enabled) disables all User Codes in your lock. So, if you’re leaving home and don’t want anyone you’ve shared User Codes with to access your house, you can simply enable Vacation Mode.
Here’s how to enable Vacation Mode:
- Press the REVOLO button twice.
- Enter your Master Code and press the REVOLO button once. Then wait for a long green light.
- Press key 6 and wait for a long green flash. Then press the REVOLO button.
- The lock will flash, showing vacation mode active.
To disable vacation mode, enter your Master Code on via the keypad.
Resetting the Revolo Electronic Keypad Door Lock
Resetting the lock is usually a go-to fix if the lock is malfunctioning. See other troubleshooting tips here.
Also, you want to reset the lock if you’ve lost the Master Code.
Note that this action will remove all your custom settings — meaning the lock will return to its factory default settings. So, you’ll have to program the lock afresh after the reset.
- Follow the steps below to reset your Revolo keypad lock:
- Keep your door open and unlocked.
- Remove the battery cover. Next, find the Reset button below the battery pack. It’s labeled RES.
- Get the reset tool that came with your lock, or use a paper clip or pin to press and hold the Reset button.
- While still holding the reset button, remove one battery from the lock.
- Keep holding the reset button until you hear a beep. Once you hear a beep, the lock is reset. This last step should take about 3 seconds.
As you can see, programming your Revolo keypad lock is a straightforward process.
If you’re not sure how to perform any of the programming steps, or you’re looking to get a copy of the manual (PDF copy), contact (see the contact page below).