Are you having issues controlling your devices in the Smart Life app via Google Home? If so, you want to keep reading as this post explains what you can do to fix the problem. Let’s dive in.
Smart Life Not Working with Google Home: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
1. Unlink Smart Life from Google Home App
So this is the first troubleshooting step to try if you’re having trouble connecting/controlling devices in the Smart Life app through Google Home. Open the Google Home app on your phone/tablet and unlink Smart Life.
Not sure how to do this? Follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device and tap “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Works with Google”.
- You’ll see a list of your linked accounts. Click on “Smart Life” and tap “Unlink”. If you can’t find “Smart Life” on the list, type “Smart Life” in the search bar to find it. Next, click on it and unlink it.
- If you’ve successfully unlinked Smart Life from the Google Home app, close the app and continue to the next step.
2. Connect Smart Life Back to Google Home
Now you’ll have to relink Smart Life back on the Google Home app. If you’re not sure how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone.
- On the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon in the top left corner.
- Tap “Set up device” and then tap “Works with Google”.
- Type “Smart Life” in the search bar. Next, tap on “Smart Life” from the search results.
- Enter your Smart Life account details to sign in, then tap “Link Now”.
- If prompted, tap “Authorize” to complete the linking.
And that’s all you need to do to reconnect Smart Life to Google home. Next, try to control your device(s) in Smart Life via Google Home. Is it working properly now? If yes, congratulations—the issue is resolved. But if not, continue to the next step.
3. Check and Update the Apps
As with most smart devices, running an outdated version of the app may cause some niggling issues—like what you’re probably experiencing. If you’re still unable to control your devices in Smart Life via Google Home, try updating both apps (Smart Life and Google Home) to see if it fixes the issue.
Open Google Play Store on your phone (for Android devices), then type “Google Home” in the search bar. Click on it to see if there’s a new update and update it. Also, check if they’re new updates on Smart Life and update it.
If you’re using an iOS device, check Apple App Store to see if there are new updates for the Smart Life app Google Home and update them.
4. Reset Your Device(s) in Smart Life App
If the issue persists after updating the apps, the next thing you want to do is reset the devices in your Smart Life app and set them up again. Check each device manual for specific reset instructions. If you don’t have the manuals, try googling the models to find the reset instructions.
Note that you’ll have to set up the devices with Smart Life and Google Home again after performing a reset. And this should fix the problem with the Smart Life app and Google Home. See the next step if the problem persists.
5. Contact Smart Life/Google Home
So if none of the above fixes help, try contacting Smart Life or Google Home Support for help. Sometimes, it’s a global problem from their servers, so reach out to them to see if you can get quick help. If there is no response, you might just have to wait for some time and try again.
So that’s how to troubleshoot issues with Smart Life and Google Home.
To recap, if Smart Life is not connecting/responding to Google home, first unlink Smart Life in the Google Home app and link it back. If that doesn’t help, check and update the app, then perform a reset on the devices.
And if everything fails, contact Smart Life/Google Home Support or just wait for some time and try to operate your devices again.