Not sure how to connect your devices in the Smart Life app to a new Wi-Fi? If so, this post is your go-to resource.
In the following paragraphs, we explain how to change the Wi-Fi network on your Smart Life app effortlessly. Let’s get right into it!
Changing the Wi-Fi on Your Smart Life App
To change the Wi-Fi on your Smart Life app, you’ll need to perform a factory reset on the device(s) you connected to the Smart Life app. Next, set up the device(s) again and connect to the new Wi-Fi.
That’s the only way (as of now) to change the Wi-Fi on your Smart Life app, as there’s no straightforward way to do that within the app.
Note that performing a reset will erase all previous settings, including integration with Google Home and Alexa. So you’ll need to set up your device(s) again with the Smart Life app and other apps you previously paired with.
If you’re not sure how to go about this, follow the instructions in the following paragraphs.
Setting Up Your Device with the Smart Life App After a Reset
- Open the Smart Life app on your phone and sign in with your existing credentials (email and password).
- On the home screen, tap the Plus (+) symbol in the top right corner or scroll down and tap “Add Device”.
- Tap the icon of the device you want to set up (Socket, Breaker, Switch, etc.).
- The app will prompt you to confirm that your device is blinking rapidly (showing it’s in pairing mode).
- Check and tap the confirmation message on the screen.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and follow other instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
Note that the process may differ slightly depending on your device, so you just have to follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
More so, most smart devices that work with the Smart Life app do not support the 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency but 2.4GHz. If you experience problems getting your device to connect, check your Wi-Fi band (via the router) and set it to operate on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band only.
How do I set a schedule in the Smart Life app?
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Smart Life app on your mobile device and select the device you want to schedule.
- Tap “Timer” and then set the schedule by selecting the time and days.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How do I delete a schedule in the Smart Life app?
Follow the steps below to delete a schedule in the Smart Life app:
- Open the Smart Life app and select all devices to find the device you want to delete a schedule.
- Tap the device you want to delete the schedule and tap “Timer”. You’ll see all the schedules you’ve created for the device.
- Press and hold the schedule you want to delete and then slide to the left to delete it.
What is AP mode in the Smart Life app?
AP mode in the Smart Life app offers you an alternative way of pairing your device with the Smart Life app—especially when you’re having trouble pairing via the regular mode.
How do I use AP mode in the Smart Life app?
- To use AP mode in the Smart Life app, you’ll first put your device in AP mode (check your device manual for instructions).
- Next, open the Smart Life app and tap “AP mode” on the top left-hand corner.
- Select the icon of the device you want to set up (Socket, Switch, etc.).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
How do I reset the Smart Life app?
There’s no way to directly reset the Smart Life app. If you want to refresh/remove all devices from the app, you can reset the devices connected to the app. Also, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.
You were probably thinking there’s a way to change the Wi-Fi on your Smart Life app within the app, right? Unfortunately, there’s no way to do that (as of now).
However, you can change the Wi-Fi on your Smart Life app by performing a reset on the device(s) connected to the app. Then set up the device again—just as you did when you first purchased it. When prompted to connect to Wi-Fi, select your new Wi-Fi and enter the password.
As mentioned, resetting your devices will remove all previous configurations, so ensure you reconfigure them after the reset.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot common issues with the Smart Life app.