Smart Life failed to add your device? You’re not alone!
I’ve been using the Smart Life app for some time and it works fine. But recently, I tried adding a new device to the app. Unfortunately, the device failed to connect to the app.
After doing some research, I was able to add the device to the app. If you’re currently facing this issue, the steps in this article will help you fix it. Let’s dive in.
If the Smart Life app won’t add your device, force close the app and try again. If it doesn’t work, delete and reinstall the app. This should resolve the issue.
If your Smart Life app doesn’t add your device after this, keep reading for more troubleshooting tips to try.
Reboot Your Phone
This is usually a go-to fix for some minor issues with the Smart Life app. If the app is taking too long to add your device, rebooting your phone might do the trick.
You can reboot your phone by turning it off. Then wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
Also, if you’re using an iOS device, check that the phone is running the current iOS version.
If you’re still unable to add your device, see the next step.
Check Your Wi-Fi/Internet
Your Smart Life app might fail to add your smart device because your Wi-Fi connection is poor. Reboot your router and try to add your device again.
If it doesn’t work, check whether other apps are working. Or try to open some web pages on your browser. If it doesn’t open or opens slowly, your internet might be poor. Wait for some time and try again or contact your ISP.
But if your internet is working properly, but Smart Life won’t add your device, continue to the next step.
Log Out and Log Back into the App Again
If you’re still having issues adding a device to the Smart Life app, the app might be the culprit. You can quickly fix this error by logging out of the app and logging back in immediately.
Next, try adding your device to the app again.
Does the app add your device? If not, see the next step
Clear the App Cache
Your Smart Life app cache may get corrupted after you download the app to your phone. This might deter the app’s performance, thus preventing it from pairing connecting to your device.
Clearing the cache in the app should resolve this issue.
Here’s how to clear your Smart Life app cache:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Click on Apps or App Management. Then select the Smart Life app.
- Now, click the Clear Cache button to delete the app’s cache.
- Tap Settings. Then tap General.
- A list of the apps on your iPhone will appear.
- Scroll through the list until you find the Smart Life app and click on it.
- Choose iPhone Storage.
- Click on the Offload App button. You’ll get a message saying; the app will be deleted, but your saved documents and data will remain.
- Tap on Offload again to confirm that you want to remove the app from your phone.
- Now, go to the App Store and re-download the app.
After re-downloading the Smart Life app, try connecting your smart home device again to the app. If your app doesn’t add the device after you’ve cleared its cache, move on to the next tip.
Update the App
If your Smart Life app is not adding your smart device, you might be using an outdated version of the app. Old app versions often contain errors that cause them to malfunction.
Most developers discover and fix the bugs in an app before releasing an update. So, updating your Smart Life app may fix this issue.
Follow these steps to update your Smart Life app:
- Open your Google Play Store to find the Smart Life app update. If you use an iPhone, go to the App Store to update the app.
- Enter “Smart Life app” in the search bar.
- You should see the app in the search results.
- Tap the app. You’ll be taken to the Smart Life app download page.
- Now, click on the Update button on the page. Your update should be complete in a few minutes.
Reset Your Device
Sometimes, the device you’re trying to add might be faulty. If you’re still unable to add your device to Smart Life, reset it and try again.
Refer to the device’s user manual for reset instructions.
Once you’ve tried all the steps above, you should be able to add all your smart device(s) to the Smart Life app.
However, if the problem persists, it might be a general server issue. Wait for some time and try again.