Your Vivint Control Panel screen has suddenly gone blank, and you’re not sure what to do? Keep reading to see what you can do to fix this issue.
Here are some tips to help you troubleshoot blank screen issues with your Vivint Control Panel:
Power Cycle Your Control Panel
If your Vivint Control Panel has gone blank, start your troubleshooting by power cycling the device. This should remove the blank screen from the control panel.
Follow these steps to power cycle your Vivint Control Panel:
- Tap the screen and slide the X icon down to disarm the device.
- Enter your PIN. This should take you to the home screen.
- Click on the Menu icon (3 dots) at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, choose Devices.
- You’ll need to input your PIN again. Then click on Displays.
- If you have more than one panel, you’ll see several panels on the Displays page.
- Tap the panel you want to power cycle. Then select Reboot.
- The system will ask you if you’re sure you want to reboot the panel. Tap Yes to confirm the action.
Your panel should reboot now, and the blank screen may disappear.
But if you still see the blank screen on the control panel after you’ve rebooted the device, try the next step.
Reset the Control Panel
If the blank screen on your control panel doesn’t disappear after a reboot, you’ll need to reset the device.
Here’s how to reset your Vivint Control Panel:
- Tap the screen. Then slide down the X icon to disarm the system.
- Input your PIN. Next, unplug the transformer for the panel from your power outlet.
- Remove the screw at the top of the panel.
- Now, hold the panel on its left and right sides and carefully pull the device from its backplate. Ensure you hold it tightly to prevent it from slipping off your hands.
- Disconnect the battery from the panel by removing the wire attached to it. The battery is the large rectangular box at the back of the panel.
- Wait for about 30 seconds. Then, reconnect the battery to the panel.
- Re-mount the control panel onto the backplate and gently push the control panel until you hear a snap.
- Reinsert the screw at the top of the control panel.
- Now, plug the panel’s transformer back into the power outlet.
- Wait 15 minutes for the control panel to turn on.
Resetting the control panel should remove the blank screen. But if the blank screen reappears after you’ve reset the device, contact Vivint Support.
If your Vivint control panel screen is blank, reboot the panel. If the blank screen reappears after the reboot, reset the device.
However, if you still see the blank screen on the control panel after you’ve reset it, contact Vivint Support.