You probably know that the Schlage Connect Keypad Deadbolt works with some Smart Systems. However, you’re not quite sure what particular smart systems are compatible with this smart lock.
If that sounds like you, keep reading—as this post contains valuable information about the Schlage Connect Deadbolt. Let’s get started.
The Schlage Connect Smart Lock is compatible with several smart systems. Here’s a round-up of smart systems that work with Schlage Connect:
- Ring Alarm
- Google Assistant
- Amazon Alexa.
In the following paragraphs, we’ll look at the features of these smart systems and how to pair them with the Schlage Connect Smart Lock.
Smart Systems Compatible with Schlage Connect: Features
SmartThings is Samsung’s home automation platform for controlling smart home appliances. This automation platform works with both Samsung and non-Samsung devices.
While Samsung devices can be connected directly to the app, non-Samsung appliances need to be linked to the app through the SmartThings Hub.
Like the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt, the SmartThings hub also offers Z-wave connectivity. This is one reason Schlage Connect is compatible with SmartThings Hub.
Now, let’s look at how to integrate your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with SmartThings. But before we do that, you should know why you need to pair the Schlage Connect smart lock with the SmartThings app.
Connecting your Schlage Connect Deadbolt to the SmartThings to the system is important because:
- You can view the status of your door remotely via the SmartThings app. For example, you can check whether you’ve locked your Schlage Connect Smart Lock. If you find out that you haven’t locked it, you can lock the deadbolt directly from the SmartThings app.
- You’ll know when someone unlocks your door. SmartThings will send you real-time notifications when someone unlocks your door via an access code.
- If you create access codes for a guest via the SmartThings app, the system will send the access code to your friend in a text message.
- You can unlock all the smart locks in your house at once by tapping a single button in the SmartThings app.
Now that you know the importance of integrating your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with SmartThings, you may want to know how to integrate the lock. Keep reading for details.
How to Connect Schlage Connect Deadbolt to SmartThings?
Follow the steps below to connect your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt to SmartThings:
- Ensure the SmartThings Hub is already connected to your SmartThings app.
- Open your SmartThings app. Then scroll to the Devices tab and click on the ‘+’ sign. Next, select Add Device.
- Tap Brand.
- Scroll through the Brand list until you find Schlage Connect. Then click on it.
- All the Schlage Connect devices in your home should appear now. Pick the device you want to pair with the SmartThings app. Then tap Start.
- Select a location for the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt in the SmartThings app.
- Next, choose the Room where the Schlage Smart Deadbolt will be located. Then tap Next.
- The SmartThings app may give you additional instructions—ensure you follow all the instructions.
- After you’ve completed all the steps in the SmartThings app, wait a few minutes for your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt to connect to SmartThings.
- Tap Done to complete the pairing.
Wink is another automation platform that lets you access all your smart home appliances from one place. What makes this smart hub different from other automation platforms is that it allows you to create shortcuts with multiple smart home appliances. For instance, you can set your smart light bulbs to turn on when you unlock your smart door lock.
Schlage Connect Smart Lock is compatible with Wink, so you can set it up with Wink (it requires the Wink Hub), then control the lock remotely through the Wink app.
Next, we’ll look at how to integrate your Schlage Connect Deadbolt with Wink. But why should you connect your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Wink? Below are some benefits:
- You can lock and unlock your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt from the Wink app.
- You’ll get alerts to your phone when someone unlocks your Schlage Connect Deadbolt.
- You can activate or deactivate the in-built alarm in your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt from Wink.
- You can add and remove access codes in your Schlage Connect smart lock directly from the Wink Hub.
- The Wink hub lets you set reminders to remove an access code on Schlage Connect when you no longer need it.
- You can use the Wink app to create shortcuts that turn off your lights and lock all your smart locks at the tap of a button.
- Through the Wink Smart Home Hub, you can integrate your Schlage Connect with Amazon Alexa.
How to Pair Schlage Connect Deadbolt with Wink?
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Wink app on your phone and click on the plus (+) sign on the home screen.
- Next, tap the search button and enter ‘Schlage’.
- When the search results come up, choose your Schlage Connect Smart Lock.
- The Wink app will now give you a set of instructions to follow. Follow these steps in the right order and tap on Next as you complete each step.
- After completing the steps, tap Connect Now.
- You may see the message “Hub not ready”. Wait for a few seconds for the Hub to connect to your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt. Once connected, you should see “Hub ready”.
- Next, tap the Schlage button on your smart lock.
- Now, enter your smart lock programming code in the Schlage keypad. You can find your smart lock programming code in the product manual. Then tap 0.
- An orange light will flash from the Schlage Connect lock to show that the pairing process has started.
- Once the pairing is complete, you’ll get a message in your Wink app that the pairing was successful.
- Give your Schlage smart lock a name and click Done.
- You have successfully connected your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt to Wink.
3. Ring Alarm
Ring Alarm is a security system that provides real-time protection by monitoring your home with cameras and other smart devices. It comprises Base Station, a contact sensor, a motion detector, and a keypad to call the police, fire services, and medical services during emergencies.
The Ring app lets you add your smart home appliances to the system so that you can control them from one place.
The Ring Base Station offers Z-Wave Connectivity. This lets users connect Z-wave devices like Schlage Connect to the Ring Alarm system. Once you link your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt to Ring Alarm, you can do the following:
- Lock and unlock your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt from the Ring app.
- Add and delete your Schlage Connect access codes in the Ring App.
- Receive notifications when someone unlocks your smart lock with an access code.
- Check the battery level of your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt from the Ring App.
How to Connect Schlage Connect to Ring Alarm?
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Ring App and click on the side navigation bar.
- Tap Set up a Device, then select Locks and Access Controllers.
- Look for the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt and tap it.
- Next, tap the Add this Device button.
- Your Ring Base Station will search for the Schlage Connect Smart Lock. Once it finds it, the Ring app will give you a list of instructions to follow.
- Follow these instructions to pair your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with the Ring Alarm System.
4. Amazon Alexa
As you probably know, Amazon Alexa is a voice assistant that allows you to control your smart home appliances with voice commands. Although Amazon Alexa doesn’t offer Z-Wave Connectivity, you can still pair the voice assistant with Schlage Connect through a smart home hub like Wink Hub.
After integrating your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Amazon Alexa, you can instruct Alexa to check whether your doors are locked. If your doors are unlocked, you can also tell Alexa to lock the doors for you.
Before you can pair Amazon Alexa with Schlage Connect, you need to pair your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt and Alexa to the Wink Hub.
Here is how to link your Amazon Alexa account to Wink:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Log in to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Next, click on the menu icon at the top of the screen and select Smart Home.
- On the Smart Home page, look for the Get More Smart Home Skills button. Tap on the button when you find it.
- Scroll through the list of smart home hubs until you find Wink. Then click on Wink to connect it to Amazon Alexa.
- You have now paired Amazon Alexa with the Wink Home Hub.
Next, integrate Amazon Alexa with your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt. Keep reading to see how to do this.
How to Connect Schlage Connect Deadbolt to Alexa?
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone/tablet and tap the menu icon.
- Next, select Smart Home.
- If you’ve connected your Wink account to Amazon Alexa, you will see the Discover Devices button. Tap Discover Devices.
- Some of your smart home appliances will start appearing in the app.
- When you see your Schlage Connect smart lock, click on it.
You can now instruct Alexa to lock and unlock your Schlage Connect smart locks.
So those are the smart systems that work with the Schlage Connect Deadbolt. As you can see, this post contains the guidelines for connecting your lock to these smart systems.
However, if you have trouble integrating your Schlage Connect with any of the smart systems, refer to your user manual or try contacting Schlage Customer Support or the smart system’s customer support for help.