ADT Pulse App Not Working [Quick Ways to Fix}
If your ADT Pulse app has suddenly stopped working, and you’re not sure what to do, keep reading.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps to fix this problem.
But first, you want to know why the ADT Pulse app on your phone suddenly stopped working.
Here are some reasons your ADT Pulse isn’t working properly:
- Too many applications are running in the background of your smartphone.
- Your smartphone has disconnected from Wi-Fi.
- Your ADT Gateway is turned off or unresponsive.
- You’re using an outdated version of the ADT Pulse app.
- You haven’t enabled notifications for the ADT Pulse app on your phone.
- The ADT server is down.
Now let’s head over to the troubleshooting steps.
Tips to Fix ADT Pulse App Problems
1. Close All the Apps Working in the Background of Your Phone
If there are too many apps running in the background of your phone, your ADT Pulse app may not work.
If you’re having some issues with the ADT Pulse app, check if too many apps are running in your phone’s background. If so, close all the apps, including the ADT Pulse app.
Next, restart your phone and open the ADT Pulse app. It should work fine now. But if not, continue to the next step.
2. Check and Reconnect Your Phone to Your Wi-Fi Network
The ADT Pulse app requires an internet connection to function properly. So, if your phone disconnects from Wi-Fi, your ADT Pulse app won’t work.
If the ADT Pulse app on your phone suddenly stops working, check that your phone is connected to your Wi-Fi network, and the internet is working properly.
If you’re having issues connecting your phone to your Wi-Fi, restart your ADT Gateway/router. You can restart your ADT Gateway or router by unplugging the device from the power outlet and plugging it back in.
If your phone has reconnected to your Wi-Fi network, open the ADT Pulse app and check if it’s working now. If not, keep reading.
3. Update Your ADT Pulse App
If you’re using an outdated version of the ADT app, it might cause some malfunctions.
So, if your ADT Pulse app isn’t working, chances are the app has a new version, and you’re yet to upgrade it.
Here’s how to update your ADT Pulse app:
- Open the Google Play Store (for Android devices) or App Store (for iOS devices) on your phone. Then type in ‘ADT Pulse’ in the search bar.
- Click on the ADT Pulse app in the search results. This should take you to the ADT Pulse App download page.
- If your ADT Pulse app is outdated, you will see the Update button at the top of the page. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the ADT Pulse app.
4. Enable Notifications for Your ADT Pulse App
If you don’t receive notifications about your ADT devices from the ADT Pulse app, you may think that your ADT Pulse app isn’t working.
However, sometimes it could be that you didn’t enable notifications in the app.
If your ADT Pulse app isn’t sending notifications to your phone, you may need to enable notifications.
Follow these steps to enable notifications in your ADT Pulse app:
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone to open it.
- Tap Apps or Application Manager. Next, click on ADT Pulse.
- Now, go to the Notifications tab under the ADT Pulse app and toggle the switch beside Notifications to the ON position.
5. Restart Your ADT Pulse App after Some Minutes
Sometimes, when your ADT Pulse app stops working, it might not be because of an internal error, but the app may be malfunctioning because the ADT server is down.
If your ADT Pulse app isn’t working because of a server error, you may see the message ‘Server Error’ in the app. When you get this message, close your ADT Pulse app and wait for about 15 minutes. Then re-launch the app.
Your ADT Pulse app should start working properly after you restart it.
6. Clear the Cache in Your ADT Pulse App
If the cache in your ADT Pulse app is corrupted, the app may not work. In that case, you’ll need to clear the cache in the app to resolve this problem.
Here’s how to clear the cache in your ADT Pulse app:
- Click on the Settings app on your phone.
- Select Application Manager or Apps.
- Click on ADT Pulse. Next, tap Force Stop.
- Click on Confirm. Then tap Storage and select Clear Cache.
- After clearing the app cache, minimize the Settings app and check if the ADT Pulse is now working properly. If not, you’ll need to force-stop the app and clear the cache again.
- But if the app is now working well, go back to the Settings app on your phone and tap Clear Data.
- Now tap Confirm to remove all saved data in your ADT Pulse app.
- Once you’ve cleared the data in your ADT Pulse app, restart your phone.
Your ADT Pulse app should work properly when your phone turns on.
7. Factory Reset Your ADT Device(s)
If your ADT Pulse app doesn’t work after you’ve tried all the tips in this post, you may need to factory reset your ADT device(s).
The steps to performing a factory resetting differ from one ADT device to another. In this article, we’ll look at how to factory reset the ADT Pulse wireless camera. If your ADT device is not a wireless camera, you’ll need to research how to factory reset it.
That said, here are the steps to follow to reset your ADT Pulse wireless camera:
- Find the Reset button on the ADT wireless camera. The Reset button is located beside the power port at the back of the camera.
- Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. Your camera will go off.
- Wait for about 2 minutes.
Once you reset your ADT Pulse wireless camera, it will disappear from your ADT Pulse app. So, you’ll have to re-add the camera to your ADT app to gain access to the device’s settings.
Here’s how to re-add your ADT Pule wireless camera to your ADT Pulse app:
- Open your ADT Pulse app.
- Tap Manage Devices on the app’s home screen and select Cameras.
- Next, click on Add using WPS. Here, the system will require you to enter your WPS Pin.
- You can find your WPS Pin at the back of the camera. Input the WPS pin into the box beside WPS Pin.
- The LED light on your ADT Pulse Camera will start blinking in green and amber.
- Now tap Continue. You’ll notice a square button at the back of the camera. Press and hold this button for 5 seconds.
- If the factory reset is successful, a green light will flash from the camera.
You can now control your ADT wireless camera from the ADT Pulse app.
So that’s how to troubleshoot the ADT Pulse app on your phone—if it suddenly stops working.
However, if none of the fixes helps, try contacting ADT for help.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot ADT Pulse Login issues and connectivity issues with the ADT door Chime.