If you’re wondering why your Arlo Camera won’t sync, keep reading to see why this happens and how to fix the problem. Let’s get started.
Your Arlo camera won’t sync to your Base Station if the device is too far away from the Base Station. The camera may also fail to sync because the battery is too low or your Base Station has been deactivated.
For details on how to troubleshoot this issue, keep reading.
Arlo Camera Won’t Sync: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
1. Move the Camera Closer to Your Base Station
Your Arlo camera may not sync to your Base Station if the devices are too far apart. You can fix this issue by moving the Arlo camera closer to your Base Station.
While reducing the distance between your camera and the Base Station, ensure the devices are less than three feet away from each other.
After moving the camera closer to the Base Station, you’ll need to resync it to the Base Station.
The guidelines you need to follow when syncing an Arlo camera depend on the Base Station and Arlo camera you are using:
Single-LED Base Station
If your Base Station has only one LED light, you don’t have to press the Sync button on the Base Station to sync it to the camera. A blue light will appear on the Base Station when the Base Station starts syncing with the camera.
Multi-LED Base Station
Multi-LED Base Station users are required to press the Sync button on the Base Station to sync the Arlo camera to the device. The Sync button is at the top of the Base Station.
When your Base Station is syncing to your Arlo camera, the LED light above the camera icon will turn green and flash rapidly.
Avoid pressing the Sync button for too long. If you tap it for a long time, the LED light under the camera icon will turn amber, and the syncing process will fail. Next, you’ll have to wait for 15 minutes before repeating the sync process on the Base Station.
Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Ultra Pro 3, and Arlo Floodlight
If you use any of these cameras, you don’t have to tap any Sync button on your camera. Just wait for a blue LED light to blink from the camera. This means that your Arlo camera is syncing.
Arlo Go Camera, Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, and Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free
If you want to sync these cameras, you must press the Sync button on the camera. You can find the Sync button at the top of these cameras. Your Arlo camera is syncing if a blue light flashes continuously from the camera.
2. Charge Your Arlo Camera Battery
If the battery in your Arlo camera is low, the camera may be unable to sync to your Base Station.
If your Arlo camera refuses sync, check your camera’s battery status. The battery is low if the battery icon is orange.
To know the battery status of your Arlo camera, open the Arlo app on your phone. Next, tap the Settings icon on the app. You’ll see the battery icon on the Settings page. Observe the color to see whether your camera’s battery is low.
If your Arlo camera’s battery is low, you need to charge it.
Here’s how to charge your Arlo camera:
- Unmount the camera from its wall stand. You can do this by removing the screws that attach the camera to the stand.
- Take the camera inside your home.
- You’ll find a flap at the bottom of the camera. Pull this flap to reveal the charging port in the device.
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the camera’s charging port. Then, attach the other end to the adapter and plug the adapter into a power outlet.
- A solid blue LED light will appear on the camera when the battery is full.
- Once the battery is full, unplug the camera from the adapter and remount it to its wall stand.
3. Activate Your Arlo Base Station
Your Arlo camera will not sync to your Base Station if you haven’t added the Base Station to your Arlo account. Perhaps you forgot to set up the Base Station in the Arlo app.
On the other hand, you may have added the Base Station to your Arlo account, but the Base Station might be deactivated. Your Arlo camera will not sync to your Base Station if it has been deactivated.
If your Arlo camera isn’t syncing to your Base Station, check whether the Base Station appears under the Devices section of your Arlo app. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to add the Base Station to the Arlo app.
But if your Base Station has been added to your Arlo account, check whether it is activated. Activate your Base Station if it has been disabled.
To check whether your Base Station has been added to the Arlo app, tap the Settings icon in your Arlo app. Then, click on My Devices. You should see the Base Station under My Devices if you’ve added it to the Arlo app. But if you can’t find your Base Station under My Devices, you need to add the device to your Arlo app.
You can add your Base Station to your Arlo app by taking the following steps:
- Click on Add Device on the homepage of your Arlo app. Next, select the Base Station.
- Now follow the instructions in the app to complete the process.
- If you see your Base Station under My Devices, check whether it has been activated.
Here’s how to do that:
- Tap on the Arlo app on your phone’s home screen to open it.
- Click on the Settings icon and select My Devices.
- Choose your Base Station. This will take you to the Settings page for your Base Station.
- Activate the Base Station if it has been disabled.
4. Contact Arlo Support
Your Arlo camera may still not sync to your Base Station after you’ve tried all the tips above. If this happens, reach out to Arlo Support and report the issue. The Arlo Support team may provide a new solution that will make your camera sync to your Base Station.
So that is how to troubleshoot an Arlo camera that won’t sync.
To recap, if your Arlo camera won’t sync, move the camera closer to your Base Station. Next, charge the camera’s battery. If the device still fails to sync, check that you’ve added and activated the Base Station to the Arlo app.
But if all these tips fail to solve the problem, report the issue to Arlo Support.