If your Eufy Smart Lock Wi-Fi Bridge is showing offline in the app and you’re not sure how to fix the problem, keep reading.
In this post, we explain why this might be happening and how to get your Wi-Fi bridge back online. Let’s get started.
First off, if your Eufy Smart Lock Wi-Fi Bridge is showing offline in the app, here are some reasons behind this:
- The Wi-Fi Bridge might have lost power
- Your router is disconnected from the internet.
- Your Wi-Fi network band isn’t supported.
- The EufySecurity app requires an update.
That said, let’s look at what you can do to fix this issue.
Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge Offline: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
1. Check Whether the Wi-Fi Bridge is Powered On
If your Eufy Smart Lock Wi-Fi Bridge displays offline in the app, chances are the device hasn’t received power.
As you probably know, Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge needs to be plugged into a working outlet to stay powered on. So, if the app says your Wi-Fi Bridge is offline, check if the device is powered on. If not, inspect the wall outlet and ensure the device receives power.
If needed, switch to another wall outlet to ensure the device gets power.
If your Wi-Fi Bridge has received power but it still shows offline in the app, continue to the next step.
2. Check that Your Router is Connected to the Internet
If your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge goes offline, your router may have disconnected from the internet. And there are several fixes you can try to reconnect the router to the internet.
But first, you need to check whether the router is still connected to the internet. You can do this by connecting your phone to the router.
Follow these steps to connect your smartphone to the router:
- Switch off your cellular data.
- Click on the Settings app on your phone.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Next, turn on your Wi-Fi by toggling the button beside Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi network on your router should appear now. Tap on the Wi-Fi network to connect to it.
After connecting your phone to your router, try surfing the internet on your phone. If your phone can’t connect to the internet, your router has disconnected from the internet.
You can fix this issue by rebooting your router. To reboot your router, unplug the device from the power outlet and wait for 30 seconds. Then plug the router back into the power outlet.
Reconnect your phone to your router after rebooting it. If your phone still fails to connect to the internet, reset the router. To reset your router, press the reset button on the device. Then, wait for a few minutes for your router to restart.
Your phone should be able to connect to the internet after resetting the router.
Once you can browse the internet with your phone while it is still connected to the router, check if your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge is online. If your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge is still offline, continue to the next step.
3. Power-Cycle the Wi-Fi Bridge
If your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge is offline, rebooting it may reconnect the device to the internet.
Take the following steps to power-cycle your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge:
- Remove your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge’s plug from the power outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds, then insert the plug back into the power outlet.
- Your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge should come online after a few minutes.
Is your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge still offline after rebooting it? If so, keep reading.
4. Delete and Re-add Your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge to the EufySecurity app
Your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge may still be offline after trying all the troubleshooting tips above. In that case, you may need to delete and re-add the Wi-Fi Bridge to the EufySecurity app.
Here’s how to delete and re-add the Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge to the EufySecurity app:
- Tap the Eufy security app on your phone to open it.
- Next, click on Go to My Devices.
- Tap your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge. This will take you to the Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge Settings page.
- Now, select Remove Device at the bottom of the page. This will remove your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge from the EufySecurity app.
- The next step is to re-add the Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge to the EufySecurity app.
- First, confirm that your router is connected to the internet.
- Then, click on the Add Device button on the home screen of the EufySecurity app.
- Select Wi-Fi Bridge.
- The system will prompt you to scan the QR code at the bottom of the Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge. If you are having difficulties scanning the QR Code, enter the code manually.
- You’ll be asked to link a power pin to your Wi-Fi Bridge. Follow the instructions in the app to do so.
- Next, the app will tell you to rotate the antenna on your Wi-Fi Bridge to a particular angle. This angle will be shown in the app.
- Now, plug the Wi-Fi Bridge into a power outlet about 1 meter away from your router.
- A red light will appear on your Wi-Fi Bridge. This shows that your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge is booting.
- Once the booting is complete, press the SYNC button on the Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge and hold it for about 2 seconds. You can find the SYNC button at the bottom of the Wi-Fi Bridge.
- Next, a green light will blink from the Wi-Fi Bridge. Release the SYNC button once you see this green light.
You have successfully re-added your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge to the EufySecurity app.
Your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge should come online after re-adding it to the EufySecurity app.
So those are some troubleshooting steps to try if your Eufy Smart Lock Wi-Fi Bridge is showing offline in the app.
To recap, you can get your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge back online by ensuring the device is powered on. Next, power cycle the Wi-Fi Bridge and your router, then delete and re-add the Wi-Fi Bridge in the EufySecurity app.
However, if this fails to bring your Eufy Wi-Fi Bridge back online, contact Eufy Support for further assistance.