You have installed your Wyze Doorbell and Chime. Now, you are trying to connect the Chime to the Doorbell, but it isn’t working.
If that sounds like you, keep reading to learn how to resolve this problem.
Before we discuss how to fix connectivity issues with your Wyze Chime, you want to know why you are facing this issue.
Here are the common reasons your Wyze Chime may fail to connect to your Wyze doorbell:
- Your Wyze Chime volume is low.
- The Chime isn’t working properly.
- Your Wyze doorbell is faulty.
- The doorbell firmware is outdated.
- Your Wyze doorbell isn’t connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
Now, let’s discuss how to troubleshoot these issues.
How to Troubleshoot Wyze Chime Connection Issues
1. Increase the Volume of Your Wyze Chime
Your Wyze Chime might already be paired to your Wyze doorbell, but it won’t make any sound if the volume is too low. So, if you can barely hear your Wyze doorbell when a visitor rings, you may need to increase the volume of your Chime.
Take the following steps to increase the volume of your Wyze Chime:
- Click on the Doorbell icon on the Home screen of the Wyze app.
- Next, tap Settings.
- Select Extended Devices.
- Select Chime.
- Click on Tunes. You should see a list of options on the Tunes page.
- Scroll to Volume.
- Now, move the slider under Volume forward to increase the volume of your Wyze Chime.
2. Reset Your Wyze Chime
You might be unable to connect your Wyze Chime to the Wyze doorbell because the Chime isn’t working properly. To fix this issue, you need to reset the Chime.
Here’s how to reset your Wyze Chime:
- Look for the Reset button on the side of the Wyze Chime.
- Press and hold the button for about 3 seconds.
- Keep holding the button until a light on the Chime flashes three times.
- Now, release the Reset button.
- You have reset your Wyze Chime.
3. Delete and Re-add Your Wyze Chime to the Wyze App
But what if the Wyze Chime still fails to connect after you’ve reset the device. Then, you may need to delete your Chime from the Wyze app and re-add it. This should restore the original settings on the Wyze Chime, thus giving the device a fresh start.
Follow these steps to delete the Wyze Chime from the Wyze App:
- Tap on the pencil icon on the Home screen of the Wyze app.
- Choose Edit Devices. A list of all your Wyze devices should appear.
- Look for the Wyze Chime in the list. Then click on the red icon beside it to delete the device from the Wyze app.
- Now click on Done.
After removing your Wyze Chime from the Wyze app, you have to re-add the device to the application.
The guide below will help you:
- Open your Wyze App.
- Click on the plus sign at the upper left corner of the Home page.
- Choose Wyze Chime.
- Click on Next.
- Insert your chime’s plug into a power outlet near your Wyze Doorbell.
- Next, press and hold the Reset button on the corner of your Wyze Chime.
- Hold this button until a blue light on the Wyze Chime blinks three times.
- Now, click on Finish.
Reconnect your Wyze Chime to your Wyze Doorbell after you’ve re-added the device to the app.
4. Reboot Your Wyze Doorbell
Your Wyze Chime may still fail to connect to the Wyze Doorbell after you’ve deleted and re-added the device to the Wyze app. In this case, the problem might be with your doorbell.
So, you may need to reboot your doorbell to help the Chime connect successfully to the doorbell.
Take the following steps to reboot your Wyze Doorbell:
- Go to your electrical panel and turn off your Wyze doorbell circuit breaker. To switch off your circuit breaker, move the lever on the breaker to the OFF position.
- Wait for about 10 seconds.
- Now, flip your doorbell circuit breaker back to the ON position.
5. Update Your Wyze Doorbell Firmware
If your Wyze doorbell firmware is out of date, your Chime may not connect to it. This is because the old firmware may have a bug that affects the connectivity of the device.
Download the latest Wyze doorbell firmware to troubleshoot this issue. Here’s how to do that:
- Open your Wyze app and click on Home.
- Next, select your Wyze Doorbell.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the upper right hand of the screen.
- Select Device Info.
- Tap on Firmware Version.
- Finally, choose Update to install the latest version of your Wyze doorbell firmware.
6. Ensure that Your Wyze Doorbell is Connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network
The Wyze doorbell can only function properly on a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
Perhaps your Wyze Chime is already connected to your doorbell. But you might believe that the doorbell isn’t paired with your Chime because you can’t hear any sound when someone rings your doorbell.
Even when it is paired with the Chime, your Wyze doorbell may not produce audible sounds because it isn’t connected to the internet.
Switching your Wi-Fi network to a 2.4GHz band should resolve this issue. Here is how to do this:
- Input the IP address of your Wi-Fi router in a browser. This should take you to the router’s web page.
- Next, input your username and password to the webpage. If you’ve never visited the webpage before, your username should be admin. Look for the password at the back of the router.
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Select Wireless Network Settings.
- Locate the Wireless Channel section on the Wireless Network Settings page.
- You should see the type of Wi-Fi network you are currently using. If it is a 5GHz network, tap the button beside it to change it to a 2.4GHz band.
- Now, tap on Save and exit the webpage.
The fixes above should help you fix the connectivity issues with your Wyze Chime. But if the problem persists, contact Wyze Support for help.