You’ve been trying to connect your Wyze motion sensor to the internet, but it keeps failing. Read on to learn how to resolve this problem.
First, you want to know why your motion sensor isn’t connecting.
Your Wyze motion sensor may fail to connect to the internet for the following reasons:
- Wyze Bridge is offline.
- Your motion sensor is too far away from the Bridge.
- Your Wyze Cam firmware version is outdated.
- You didn’t insert your Wyze motion sensor battery correctly.
Now, let’s see how you can troubleshoot these issues.
How to Troubleshoot Wyze Motion Sensor Connectivity Issues
1. Turn on Your Wyze Bridge
Your Wyze motion sensor doesn’t connect directly to your Wi-Fi router. Instead, the Wyze Bridge first connects to your Wi-Fi network, then transmits this connection to your motion sensor through an access point. So, your Wyze motion sensor can’t connect to the internet if the Wyze Bridge is offline.
If you are having trouble connecting your Wyze motion sensor, check that the Wyze Bridge is online. The Wyze Bridge shows a solid blue light on its rear when it is online. If you don’t see the solid blue light, you need to turn on your Bridge.
Here’s how to turn on your Wyze Bridge:
- Plug the device into the back of your Wyze Cam.
- Then, wait a few seconds to let the Bridge pair with your security camera.
- You’ll see a solid blue light at the back of the Bridge once the pairing is complete.
2. Move Your Wyze Motion Sensor Closer to the Bridge
Your Wyze motion sensor may fail to connect even when the Bridge is online. If this happens, move your motion sensor near the Bridge.
Wyze motion sensors connect faster when placed close to the Bridge. Once your motion sensor is connected, you can mount it wherever you want.
3. Upgrade Your Wyze Cam Firmware Version
What if your motion sensor still doesn’t connect after you place it near the Bridge? In that case, your Wyze Cam firmware version might be outdated.
Your old Wyze Cam firmware version may contain bugs that affect the motion sensor’s connectivity.
So, you may need to install the latest Wyze Cam firmware version to connect your motion sensor to the internet.
Follow these steps to upgrade your Wyze Cam firmware version:
- Open your Wyze app.
- Tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, click on Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on the Wyze cam that you’ve paired your Bridge with to install the new firmware version.
4. Insert Your Wyze Motion Sensor Battery Correctly
Your Wyze motion sensor won’t work properly if you don’t insert the battery correctly.
So, if your Wyze motion sensor is connecting, you may need to re-insert your battery.
Take the following steps to insert your Wyze motion sensor battery correctly:
- Pull the flat edge of the Reset pin to detach the battery cover from the sensor.
- Remove your motion sensor’s battery.
- Then, place the battery back in its compartment with its positive side facing up.
- Now, attach the back cover to the sensor.
5. Reboot Your Wyze Bridge
Is your Wyze motion sensor still unable to connect to the internet? Then, you might need to reboot the Bridge.
Follow these steps to reboot your Wyze Bridge:
- Unplug the Bridge from the back of your Wyze Camera.
- Wait for about 5 seconds.
- Now, plug your Bridge back onto the Wyze Cam.
6. Restart Your Wyze Motion Sensor Setup Process
You’ve attempted all the tips above. Yet your Wyze motion sensor still can’t connect to the internet.
If you’re going through this, restart your Wyze motion sensor setup process.
We will state all the steps for installing your motion sensor in case you are unsure about them:
- Click on the plus sign (+) on the Home tab of your Wyze app.
- Tap on Add Device.
- Next, choose Sensors.
- Click on Wyze Motion Sensor.
- Now, select the Wyze Cam you want to pair your motion sensor with.
- Your motion sensor comes with a Reset Pin. Use this pin to press and hold the Reset button on your sensor.
- Don’t release the Reset button until a red light on the sensor blinks three times.
- Give your sensor a name.
- You have installed your Wyze motion sensor.
While installing your Wyze motion sensor, ensure that you place the device near the Bridge. This will reduce the possibility of issues arising after the setup process. You can mount your Wyze motion sensor in your preferred location once you’ve installed and connected the device to the internet.
7. Contact Wyze Support
If you cannot connect your Wyze motion sensor after attempting all the tips in this guide, contact the Wyze Support team for assistance. The team will listen to you and provide a lasting solution to the problem.
If your Wyze motion sensor can’t connect to the internet/Wi-Fi, use the following tips to troubleshoot the device:
- Turn on your Wyze Bridge
- Move your Wyze motion sensor closer to the Bridge.
- Upgrade your Wyze Cam firmware.
- Insert your Wyze motion sensor battery correctly.
- Reboot your Wyze Bridge
- Restart your Wyze motion sensor setup process.
- Contact Wyze Support.