The Wyze Outdoor Camera does its job. However, you may sometimes experience some niggling issues with this device, such as the “not turning on issue.”
If that sounds like you, then you want to keep reading as we’ll walk through how to troubleshoot this problem. Let’s get right into it.
First off, here are some reasons your Wyze Outdoor Camera won’t turn on:
- Low battery power.
- Faulty power cord.
- The device is malfunctioning.
That said, let’s look at some troubleshooting tips for this problem.
Wyze Outdoor Camera Won’t Turn On: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
1. Charge the Battery
So here’s one of the troubleshooting steps to try if your Wyze Outdoor Cam refuses to turn on.
As you probably know, the Wyze Outdoor Cam comes with an internal battery that allows it to work even without being plugged in. If the device won’t turn on, check that the internal battery is fully charged.
Here’s how to charge your Wyze Outdoor Cam battery:
- Use the power cord that comes with the camera to connect it to the Base Station. The cord should be plugged into a working outlet.
- Now your Outdoor Cam should start charging. It will display Charging in the Wyze app with battery level—this shows the device is charging. You’ll also see red flashes on the camera to show that it’s charging.
- Once it’s fully charged, the blinking red light will turn solid.
The device should turn on now. But if not, continue to the next step.
2. Check the Power Cord
If your power cord is faulty, your Wyze Outdoor will probably not turn on. So, another fix to try is to check that your Wyze Outdoor Cam power cord is firmly inserted/plugged into a working outlet.
More so, ensure you’re using the original power cord and adapter that came with your Wyze Outdoor Cam. If the issue persists, try to switch the power cord to see if it solves the problem.
Also, try to plug your Wyze Outdoor Cam into another power outlet. If it turns on, it means the previous power outlet is faulty, so you’ll need to fix it before using it again.
If your Wyze Outdoor Cam still refuses to turn on after trying this fix, continue to the next step.
3. Power Cycle Your Wyze Outdoor Cam
Now, the next thing you want to do is power cycle the device. This usually helps with troubleshooting.
Follow the steps below to power cycle your Wyze Outdoor Camera:
- Locate the power switch on the back of the camera and flip it to the OFF position. If your camera is connected to an outlet, unplug it.
- Wait for about 30 seconds, then flip the power switch to the ON position.
That’s how to power cycle your Wyze Outdoor Cam, and this should help resolve the problem.
4. Contact Customer Support
If your camera still won’t turn on, chances are the device is faulty. In this case, you may have to contact Wyze Customer support and explain the problem you’re having with the device. They may recommend some fixes or replace the device.
So that’s how to troubleshoot your Wyze Outdoor Cam—if it refuses to turn on.
To recap, if your Wyze Outdoor Camera won’t turn on, charge the battery and ensure the power cord is working. This should fix the issue. If not, switch the power cord and try plugging it into another outlet.
If the problem persists, try contacting Wyze Customer Support for help.