So I recently got the Wyze Switch and was able to get it installed. But when I tried to connect it to Wi-Fi, it didn’t work.
Doing some research about the smart switch helped me discover several ways to fix the problem. I applied the tips and was finally able to connect my Wyze Switch to Wi-Fi.
If you’re facing the same problem, keep reading to see how to fix it.
In short, if your Wyze switch is not connecting to Wi-Fi, check that you’ve turned on Bluetooth on your phone. Then reboot the switch and try again. This should fix the problem.
If that doesn’t help, read on for more troubleshooting tips to try.
Tips to Fix Wyze Switch Wi-Fi Connection Problems
1. Check that You’ve Turned on Bluetooth on Your Phone
Your Wyze Switch connects to Wi-Fi through the Wyze app on your phone. The switch uses Bluetooth to find your phone before pairing it with the Wyze app and your Wi-Fi. So, if your phone’s Bluetooth is off, your switch won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
You’ll see the Bluetooth symbol at the top of your phone’s screen if you’ve turned on Bluetooth. If you don’t see this symbol, go to your phone’s settings and turn on Bluetooth.
Now, try connecting the switch to Wi-Fi. If it doesn’t connect, move on to the next tip.
2. Reboot Your Switch
Another reason your Wyze Switch might fail to connect to Wi-Fi is an error in the device. The switch may develop this error while trying to adapt to the system in your home.
You can fix this issue by rebooting the switch.
Here’s how to reboot your Wyze Switch:
- Flip your circuit breaker off.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Then turn the breaker back on.
If your Wyze Switch fails to connect to Wi-Fi after this, proceed to the next step.
3. Power Cycle and Reset Your Router
If there is a fault in your router, it might prevent your Wyze Switch from connecting to it.
Rebooting your router should resolve this issue. To reboot your router, disconnect it from your outlet and wait 30 seconds. Then plug the router back into the outlet.
If your switch isn’t connecting after this, reset your router.
Follow these steps to reset your router:
- Press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds. You should find the reset button at the back of the router.
- The router should now reset to its factory settings.
Once you’ve finished resetting your router, connect the Wyze Switch to Wi-Fi.
If the switch still doesn’t connect, proceed to the next step.
4. Check Your Wi-Fi Band
If your Wyze Switch isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, your router might be operating on the 5GHz Wi-Fi band. This is a problem because the switch can only work with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band.
Change your Wi-Fi band to fix this issue. You’ll find information on how to change your Wi-Fi band in your router’s manual.
More so, ensure that your phone (where the Wyze app is installed) is connected to the same Wi-Fi you want to connect the switch to. And it should be connected to the 2.4GHz band.
5. Update Your Wyze App
Updating your Wyze app is another way to fix the connection problem in your Wyze Switch. If your Wyze app is outdated, it might have glitches that prevent it from connecting to devices.
The guide below will show you how to update your Wyze app:
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Input “Wyze app” in the search bar. Then click on the app in the search results that appear. This will take you to the download page.
- Now, click on Update to install the latest version of the Wyze app.
If your Wyze Switch doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after this, proceed to the next step.
6. Factory Reset Your Switch
If your Wyze switch fails to connect after you’ve tried all the steps above, factory reset the device.
Factory resetting your switch will delete all the settings you’ve saved on the device. This should remove any error/incorrect settings affecting your switch’s connectivity.
Here’s how to factory reset the switch:
- Press and hold the button on the switch for 20 seconds.
- The status light on the switch should start blinking quickly now. Release the button immediately after the light appears.
- After a while, the switch will reduce its blinking speed. This shows that the factory reset is complete.
When applying these steps, ensure that you perform them in the same order as I’ve mentioned here. You should only factory reset the switch if you’ve tried all the previous tips without fixing the issue.
If the problem persists after trying the last fix, contact Wyze Support for help.