If you’re not sure how to change code on your Emtek Lock, this guide is for you.
In this guide, I’m going to show you how to change codes on your Emtek Electronic Deadbolt.
But first, let’s understand the different codes in an Emtek Electronic Deadbolt before diving into how to change any of them.
Programming Code: Your Emtek Electronic deadbolt comes with a 6-digit default Programming Code. This code is required whenever you want to change settings/program the lock, and you can change the code itself.
User Codes: Your Emtek Electronic Deadbolt comes with two defaults 4-digit User Codes. A User Code is used to lock/unlock your door from the outside. You can also change these User Codes at any time.
Now that you understand the different codes in an Emtek Electronic Lock, let’s look at how to change any of the codes.
Changing the Programming Code
To change the Programming Code on your Emtek Lock, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the EMTEK button on the keypad/touchpad for 3 seconds.
- Now wait for the LED indicator light to flash yellow, then remain solid. And the number keys also illuminate.
- Enter the existing Programming Code (the one to be changed). Then wait for the indicator LED light to flash yellow, followed by 1 beep, then the yellow flash turns solid.
- Press 1 on the keypad. Then enter a new 6-digit Programming Code.
- Re-enter the new 6-digit Programming Code.
- You’ll see a series of green flashes and hear several beeps; this shows the programming is successful.
So, the Programming Code has been successfully changed.
Changing a User Code
To change a User Code on your Emtek Lock, you’ll need to first remove the code, then add another code to replace the deleted one.
Here’s how to do this:
- Press and hold the EMTEK button on the keypad/touchpad for about 3 seconds.
- Next, wait for the LED light to flash yellow, then remain solid. And the number keys also illuminate.
- Enter your current Programming Code. Then wait for the LED light to flash yellow, followed by 1 beep, and the yellow flash turns solid.
- Press 3 on the keypad. Then enter the User Code you want to remove.
- Re-enter the User Code you want to remove.
- You’ll see about 4 green flashes and hear 4 beeps, indicating the code has been removed.
- Next, you need to add a new User Code to replace the deleted one.
- Press 2 on the keypad. Then enter a new 4-digit User Code.
- Re-enter the new 4-digit User Code.
- You’ll see about 4 green flashes and hear 4 beeps, showing the new code has been added.
Testing the Codes
After this process, you want to test the codes to be sure the change is successful. Lock your door and try unlocking it with the deleted code, if it doesn’t unlock, the code has been changed.
Next, try to unlock your door with the new code. If it works, then the new code is now active.
Note that you can’t change any code on your Emtek Lock if you don’t know the existing Programming Code. If you don’t have the code, see how to fix lost Programming Code issues and regain control of your lock.
So that’s how to change the codes on your Emtek Lock.
Remember that the procedure for changing the Programming Code and a User Code varies. So, be sure of the code you want to change and follow the instructions carefully.
If you’ve a new Emtek Lock, make sure to change both the default Programming Code and two User Codes that come with the lock — for security reasons.