In this post, I’ll walk you through some handy tips to get your Lorex Camera back online. But first, let’s look at some reasons your Lorex camera is offline.
If your Lorex Camera is showing offline in the app, here are some reasons this might be happening:
- Your camera’s battery is low.
- Your camera may have encountered an error during setup.
- There is a bug in your Lorex app.
- Your Wi-Fi router is overloaded with internet activity.
- Your router is too far away from your camera.
- Some ports in your NVR (Network Video Recorder) are faulty
- Your DVR is not working properly.
Now, let’s look at what you can do to resolve this issue.
But first, note that there are two main types of Lorex cameras: wire-free and wired cameras. The wire-free camera connects to the NVR (Network Video Recorder) through a signal. On the other hand, hard-wired cameras are linked to the NVR through extension cables.
Now let’s over to the troubleshooting tips.
How to Get Your Lorex Camera Back Online
Charge Your Camera
Your Lorex camera receives most of its power from its battery. So, if the camera’s battery is low, the device’s performance may reduce. And this could be the reason the camera is offline.
If your Lorex camera’s battery is low, you’ll need to charge the battery.
Follow the steps below to charge your Lorex camera:
- Insert your camera’s power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Then lift the port cover on the camera to reveal its charging port.
- Now connect the charging port to the power adapter using the provided charging cable in the camera’s package. Your camera’s battery should be fully charged within 4-6 hours.
Once your Lorex camera’s battery is fully charged, the device should come online. If it doesn’t come online, try the next tip.
Reduce Internet Activity on Your Smartphone
If there is too much activity happening over your Wi-Fi network, your Lorex camera may go offline.
Because of the various functions the Lorex camera performs, the device needs sufficient data to operate. But internet activities like downloads and uploads on your phone may overload your Wi-Fi network, leaving little data for your camera.
The data left might be insufficient for your camera to operate. And this could be the reason your camera keeps going offline.
To bring the camera back online, cancel some of your ongoing downloads and uploads. Then restart them after your current downloads are complete.
Is your Lorex camera back online? If not, move on to the next step.
Move Your Router Closer to Your Lorex Camera
Your Lorex camera may go offline because your Wi-Fi signal strength is low. This problem may occur because your router is positioned too far from the camera.
If your Lorex camera is offline, check if your Wi-Fi signal strength is low. You can do this by studying the Wi-Fi signal bars at the top of your phone’s screen. If the Wi-Fi signal bars are less than 3, your Wi-Fi signal is poor.
Move your router closer to your camera to increase your Wi-Fi signal.
Your Lorex camera should come back online after fixing the low Wi-Fi signal strength.
If this doesn’t help, try the next tip.
Delete and Re-add Your Lorex Camera to Your Lorex Home App
Did you just set up your camera in the Lorex Home App? If so, the device may have encountered an error while setting it up.
To fix this issue, delete your camera from the Lorex Home app and restart the setup process.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Lorex Home App. Then click on the 3-dot icon above your camera to go to the Device Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Device Settings page to find the option Remove Device.
- The app will ask you if you intend to remove the camera. Click on Remove to confirm the action.
- Your camera will disappear from the Lorex Home app.
- Now, close the app and relaunch it.
- Click on the + icon at the top of the Home screen to re-add the camera.
- You’ll be asked to scan the QR code on your camera.
- After scanning the QR code, tap Next.
- The system will now give you a set of instructions to follow. Once you’ve completed all the actions in the app, tap Next.
- The Wi-Fi network for the LSHSC (Lorex Smart Home Security Center) will appear. Minimize the app after you see this Wi-Fi network.
- Now go to your Wi-Fi settings page and tap on the Wi-Fi network you’ve just seen to connect to it.
- Go back to the Lorex Home App.
- Next, tap Connect to connect your camera to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Next. Then delete the default camera name and choose a new name for the camera.
- Tap complete to finish the setup.
Your Lorex camera should be online now. But if the device isn’t online, continue to the next step.
Uninstall and Reinstall Your Lorex Home App
If your Lorex camera still shows offline in the Lorex Home app, the app may contain a bug. In that case, you’ll need to delete and reinstall the Lorex Home App on your phone.
Follow the guide below to delete and reinstall your Lorex Home App to your phone:
- Go to your phone’s home screen and look for the Lorex Home app.
- When you find the app, press and hold it until you see the Uninstall option.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option to remove the Lorex Home App from your phone.
- Next, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Enter “Lorex Home App” in the search bar.
- Click on the Lorex Home App in the search results. The system will take you to the download page.
- Tap Install to re-download the app.
After reinstalling the Lorex Home app, log in to your account to access your camera. Your camera should connect to Wi-Fi now. Go to the next tip if the camera fails to connect.
The following two tips only apply to wired Lorex cameras. So, if you use a wire-free Lorex camera, skip the next two steps.
Reconnect Your Lorex Camera to Your NVR
Did you recently purchase a POE switch to increase the capacity of your NVR? Then your Lorex wired camera may have disconnected from your NVR. If your camera is disconnected from the NVR, it will go offline.
To activate your POE switch, remove your wired camera’s extension cable from the NVR and insert it into the switch. Unfortunately, this might mean your camera will be disconnected from the NVR.
If this happens, you’ll need to connect the camera to the NVR using a wireless method.
The following guide will help you do this:
- Ensure that your POE switch and DVR are connected to the same router.
- Remove your camera’s extension cable from the POE switch. Then reconnect the cable to the POE switch.
- Next, tap Live View.
- A menu will appear. Tap Device Search in the menu.
- The system will now require you to enter the username and password to your NVR. If you don’t know the username or password, consult your NVR user manual. You’ll find the default username and password in the manual.
- Once you are logged in, tap Device Search again. Your NVR will start searching for all the cameras available on the same Wi-Fi network and display them at the top of the screen.
- Click on your offline camera once it appears on the screen.
- Tap Add to reconnect the camera to your NVR.
- Now, input your camera’s password.
- The camera will now appear on the table at the lower half of the screen.
- The system will also display a green circle on the Status column on the table. This means that the camera has been successfully added to the NVR.
Your Lorex camera should come online now.
Factory Reset Your NVR
Your wired Lorex camera might go offline because you connected it to a faulty NVR port.
To check if your NVR port is faulty, detach your offline camera from the port. Then transfer the extension cord of an online camera into the NVR port where you just removed your offline camera. If the camera that was previously online goes offline, the NVR port has an issue.
If your NVR port is faulty, you’ll need to factory reset the NVR.
Here’s how to factory reset your Lorex NVR:
- Tap Live View on the homepage of your NVR. The Quick Menu will appear.
- Click on the Main Menu option and select the Settings icon.
- Next, tap Setting. Then click on Default.
- Now, mark the box beside Factory Default.
- Tap Apply to save the settings. Then click on Ok to exit the page.
- Your NVR is reset.
After factory resetting your NVR, connect your camera to its original port. If the device remains offline, report the issue to the Lorex technical support. Your Lorex camera should come back online once the team resolves the problem. But if it doesn’t, try the last solution.
Restore Your Lorex Camera to Factory Settings
If your Lorex camera doesn’t come online after you’ve tried all the tips above, restore the device to factory settings.
Take the following steps to restore your Lorex camera to factory settings:
- Connect your Lorex camera to your NVR with an Ethernet cord.
- Locate the Reset button at the back or bottom of your camera. Then press and hold the button.
- While holding the Reset button, remove the Ethernet cable from the NVR.
- Reconnect the cable to the NVR after a few seconds.
- After reconnecting the Ethernet cable to your NVR, hold the Reset button for 15 more seconds before releasing it.
- Your Lorex camera’s factory settings will be restored, and the camera will restart in a few minutes.
Next, set up the camera in the Lorex Home App. Your camera should now come online.
If your Lorex camera is offline, charge the camera. Then reduce internet activity on your smartphone. Moving your router closer to the camera may also help fix the issue.
If your camera doesn’t come online after this, delete and re-add the camera to your Lorex camera. You can also uninstall and reinstall the Lorex Home app on your phone.
Other ways to bring your Lorex camera back online include reconnecting your camera to your NVR and factory resetting your camera and NVR.