Wansview Camera Setup Instructions
If you’ve just purchased a Wansview camera and are looking for tips to set it up (connect to Wi-Fi), we’re here to help.
For most Wansview camera models, such as Q3S, Q3, K2, or K3, you can quickly set them up through Wi-Fi mode. However, you can switch to wired mode if you’re unable to set up your camera through Wi-Fi mode.
That said, let’s head over to the instructions.
How to Set Up Your Wansview Camera?
Follow the steps below to set up your Wansview camera to through Wi-Fi mode:
- Move the camera closer to your router. Don’t worry, you can return the camera to its position after the setup but ensure that you don’t put it too far from the router.
- Power on the camera. This requires you to connect the power cord to the camera. Next, plug the power cord into a power outlet. You’ll see a slowly blinking red light, indicating the device has received power.
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store (depending on your phone) and download the “Wansview Cloud” app. Launch the app and create an account. If you already have a Wansview account, sign in with your existing information.
- Make sure your phone (where the Wansview app is installed) is connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, as Wansview cameras do not support the 5GHz Wi-Fi. The setup may fail if your phone is connected to 5GHz Wi-Fi.
- On the Wansview app home screen, tap the plus (+) icon on the top right corner. Then select Add camera via Wi-Fi mode.
- Now scan the QR code on the back/bottom of your camera.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the camera (for about 5 seconds) until you see a slowly blinking blue light.
- The app will prompt you to confirm that the light on the camera has flashed blue slowly. Tap Blue light has slowly flashed.
- You’ll see your camera information. Here, you’ll need to give your camera a name for easy identification or so. Name your camera and tap Next. Don’t change the default username and password—you can do that later (after the setup is complete).
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Connect to Wi-Fi. Ensure that the password is correct and doesn’t contain ‘ and & symbols. If you’ve a dual-band router, make sure it’s broadcasting on the 2.4GHz band.
- The app will display a QR code (for K3 and Q3S only). You’ll need to use the camera to scan the QR code. During scanning, the status LED will flash blue quickly, showing the camera is receiving Wi-Fi signals.
- Tap Blue light has quickly flashed to confirm that the light was blinking blue quickly.
- Once the camera is connected to Wi-Fi, it will beep twice. Now the setup is complete!
Next, you’ll need to change your camera’s default username and password for security reasons. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the app and tap the Settings icon (gear icon). Then select Advanced Settings.
- Tap User Management and tap Admin.
- Now erase the default username and password and add your new information. Then tap the check mark to save your new username and password.
As mentioned earlier, setting up a Wansview camera via Wi-Fi mode is easy. However, if you’re not able to get your camera connected to Wi-Fi through Wi-Fi mode, you can try wired mode.
The wired mode process is almost the same as the Wi-Fi mode. The only thing you’ll do differently is to connect the camera to your router with an Ethernet cable and select “Add camera via Wired mode” in the app.
After the setup is complete, you can unplug the Ethernet cable.
So that’s how to set your Wansview camera (getting it connected to the app and Wi-Fi).
Keep in mind that Wansview cameras are currently not compatible with the 5GHz Wi-Fi. Make sure to set your router to broadcast on the 2.4GHz band before and after the setup.
If you’re having issues setting up the camera, or it keeps losing connection after the setup, see how to troubleshoot a Wansview camera.
D-Link Camera Setup Instructions