Smart Life Plug Setup Instructions
If you have just purchased a smart plug that works with the Smart Life app, you want to set it up and connect to Wi-Fi for remote control.
In this post, I’ll walk you through the steps to set up your smart plug with the Smart Life app in minutes.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s head right into it.
Setting up Your Smart Life Plug
Follow the steps below to set up your smart plug in the Smart Life app:
1. Download the App
First, you’ll need to install the Smart Life app on your phone. Depending on the phone you’re using, go to Google Play Store or App Store and download the app.
Type “Smart Life” in the search bar to find the app. When you find the app, tap on it and follow the instructions to download and install the app.
2. Create a Smart Life Account or Log In
After installing the app, open it.
Now you’ll need to create a Smart Life account. Tap Create account or Register and follow the on-screen instructions to create your account.
If you already have a Smart Life account, sign in with your existing information (email and password).
3. Power on the Plug
Get your smart plug and plug into a working power outlet. Make sure you turn on the power outlet for the plug to receive power.
4. Put Your Smart Life Plug in Pairing Mode
The plug needs to be in pairing mode to connect to Wi-Fi.
To put your smart plug in pairing mode, press the power (ON/OFF) button for a few seconds until you see a fast blinking light on the device.
The fast blinking light shows that your Smart Life plug is in pairing mode.
5. Connect Your Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
Now, you’ll need to connect your smart plug to Wi-Fi.
Follow the steps below to do that:
- Open the Smart Life app on your phone. Next, tap the plus (+) icon on the top right-hand corner or tap Add Device.
- Tap Socket (Wi-Fi).
- The app will ask you to confirm that your plug is blinking rapidly. Tap Confirm indicator rapidly blinks.
- Now enter your Wi-Fi password. Then wait a few seconds for the connection to complete.
- Rename your smart plug and tap Done to complete the setup.
Tips to Ensure a Successful Setup
- Make sure your router is operating on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, as smart plugs that work with the Smart Life app doesn’t support the 5GHz Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your phone (where the Smart Life app is installed) is connected to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. And ensure that the phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi you want to connect the smart plug to.
- Take the smart plug closer to your router—for strong Wi-Fi signals. You can return the plug to its position after the setup is complete.
- Ensure that you enter your correct Wi-Fi password when prompted.
- Turn on Bluetooth and Location on your phone.
If you experience difficulties during setup, such as getting the smart plug connected to Wi-Fi, see how to troubleshoot Smart Life app connectivity issues.
Connecting Your Smart Life Plug to Alexa
After setting up your smart plug in the Smart Life app, you can now pair it with Alexa for voice control.
Here’s how to connect your smart plug to Alexa:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone. Next, tap the menu icon (it looks like three horizontal lines) in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap Skills and Games. Then tap the search icon in the top right corner and type in “Smart Life”.
- You’ll see “Smart Life” or the logo in the search results. Tap on it.
- Tap ENABLE TO USE and enter your Smart Life account information (email and password) to sign in.
- Select Smart Life and tap Link Now.
- Tap on Authorize to complete the setup.
Connecting Your Smart Life Plug to Google Home
Follow these steps to connect your smart plug to Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Then, tap Set Up Device. Next, tap Works with Google.
- Now tap the search icon in the upper right corner and type “Smart Life” in the search box. Then click on it when you find it.
- Log in with your Smart Life account number (email and password).
- Select Smart Life and tap Link Now.
- Click on Authorize to complete the pairing.
So that’s all you need to do to connect your smart plug with Alexa and Google Assistant. You can now control devices connected to the plug through voice commands.
You may also want to see setup instructions for Meross smart plug, BN-Link and Teckin smart plugs.